Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

On 9/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, Canuck said:

Folks are gonna love my BV2S helmet this winter. Frozen 'air' dripping from the mouthpiece.....

Burn the witch, they said, upon entry.

download.jpg

Great helmet. Need to change mouth piece every 4 or so years, since I find silicone losses it shape and won’t seal properly. I carry an extra one with me, especially valves. Had ice and water, damage one, one time. 

8 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

doesn't the district still get an up front payment based on permit sales that are chosen for that district ?   It used to be 30% then lowered to 10% but is it 12% now ?

That has been eliminated this year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Today's the last day to buy a permit, with the $50 rider 'confidence' September bonus (as has been mentioned above, but repeated below fyi): 

The OFSC is also providing a one‐time “confidence bonus” for snowmobilers who sign up for the Rider Advantage Program at the time of early permit  purchase.

If a Provincewide closure occurs before February 16, 2021, the OFSC will provide a bonus to your permit account as partial payment towards a 2022 Seasonal or Classic Trail Permit. Snowmobilers who sign up for Rider Advantage this September, between the 1st & 30th, will qualify for a bonus of $50. For those signing up for Rider Advantage from October 1 to November 1 (inclusive), the bonus is $25. Gift Cards purchased in the same periods are eligible for the bonus ONLY if the gift card is redeemed for a permit before February 16, 2021 and the purchaser signs up for Rider Advantage when redeeming their gift card for a permit.

Not $ off - more like insurance, to be applied to next season's trail pass.

__

Ordering was painless. Wish they provided an option to order (and pay for) trail guides. It's a mailout anyways. $2 or $3 a map, less if you order more, or something along those lines. Money would go  to OFSC, a good thing. Maps (guides) would be in our hands. Planning trips made easier. Advertisers reach target audience. There are toggles for Go Snowmobiling and Supertrax (dood for them). Toggles for District guides would be helfpul. . 

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Today's the last day to buy a permit, with the $50 rider 'confidence' September bonus (as has been mentioned above, but repeated below fyi): 

The OFSC is also providing a one‐time “confidence bonus” for snowmobilers who sign up for the Rider Advantage Program at the time of early permit  purchase.

If a Provincewide closure occurs before February 16, 2021, the OFSC will provide a bonus to your permit account as partial payment towards a 2022 Seasonal or Classic Trail Permit. Snowmobilers who sign up for Rider Advantage this September, between the 1st & 30th, will qualify for a bonus of $50. For those signing up for Rider Advantage from October 1 to November 1 (inclusive), the bonus is $25. Gift Cards purchased in the same periods are eligible for the bonus ONLY if the gift card is redeemed for a permit before February 16, 2021 and the purchaser signs up for Rider Advantage when redeeming their gift card for a permit.

__

Ordering was painless. Wish they provided an option to order (and pay for) trail guides. It's a mailout anyways. $2 or $3 a map, less if you order more, or something along those lines. Money would go  to OFSC, a good thing. Maps (guides) would be in our hands. Planning trips made easier. Advertisers reach target audience. There are toggles for Go Snowmobiling and Supertrax (dood for them). Toggles for District guides would be helfpul. . 

Be a nice option for sure. I have been successful at contacting districts and getting maps in past. Most resorts have district maps and local ones throughout season  if you ask when making a reservation. Never had any trouble getting them this way. 

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

__

Most maps aren't ready yet.

Generally they are ready for the power sports show.

Done last night

• Like 1

Ordered one pass and one gift card. Went through easy and got email right away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

Ordered one pass and one gift card. Went through easy and got email right away. 

Another new sled for you? 

I tried several times for the past few days. Doesn’t recognize email or password. Still waiting for “instructions” to reset blah blah blah! Every year same crap! So sick of this new age technology BS!! Give me a god dam local place to go and get my pass!! ...#bringbackthe90’s!

Still waiting on an email from them so I can reset my password. Same thing happened last year. Knew I should have made it" PASSWORD" LoL 

8 hours ago, Christy said:

Another new sled for you? 

Yup ordered a Matryx 137 850.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, T bird said:

I tried several times for the past few days. Doesn’t recognize email or password. Still waiting for “instructions” to reset blah blah blah! Every year same crap! So sick of this new age technology BS!! Give me a god dam local place to go and get my pass!! ...#bringbackthe90’s!

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting your pass. I had no trouble again this year but i do agree with you with being able to purchase it  locally.I always enjoyed this time of year of walking into the local dealer and buying my pass.I would then take the opportunity to look at all the product they had for sale.Sometimes i would walk out with something else plus my permit so i think it was a win/win for the dealer. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting your pass. I had no trouble again this year but i do agree with you with being able to purchase it  locally.I always enjoyed this time of year of walking into the local dealer and buying my pass.I would then take the opportunity to look at all the product they had for sale.Sometimes i would walk out with something else plus my permit so i think it was a win/win for the dealer. 

If mto controls pass why can’t we purchase it there like a drivers license sticker. That would be good enough for people that like to buy passes in person. I always wondered why ofsc never opted to do that. Ship has sailed and can’t have passes in all dealers, resorts etc like in past. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

If mto controls pass why can’t we purchase it there like a drivers license sticker. That would be good enough for people that like to buy passes in person. I always wondered why ofsc never opted to do that. Ship has sailed and can’t have passes in all dealers, resorts etc like in past. 

One less thing for the clubs to have to delegate. Collecting receipts and payments.

You may be surprised but most dealers hated selling permits and were happy when it wasnt their "job" anymore.      

• Like 1

I ordered a second permit on Sept. 29th. Process went well except for having to reenter password 3 times. I haven't received an email yet but I suspect the purchase volume the last couple of days in September may be the reason for the delay.

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Anyone have any idea on how many early permits were bought in September?

Have to wait abit I think. Can tell once they are shipped out and numbers start rolling in. 
I would like to see numbers from last year and year before still if anyone has that info. I read 2019 had 6 percent permit decline and that is one reason they cancelled family day free weekend last winter. Be interesting to see 2020 numbers now. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

I ordered mine in the first hour and via regular mail. Nothing yet.