Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

Only issue I have had is not receiving the super trax msg anymore even though I check the box every year .... oh well .... their YouTube vids of new model reviews I find the most interesting anyway 

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I just bought my vehicle stickers online. For four of them. All went smoothly. One commerical  vehicle, I can’t renew it yet online. Stupid rule too. Not suppose to go in, in person so I guess it doesn’t get done until I get another notice in mail I suppose. 

Since the provincial government suspended the requirements for renewal until further notice, I have not renewed my plates for car or truck (due in May)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Since the provincial government suspended the requirements for renewal until further notice, I have not renewed my plates for car or truck (due in May)

I did not renew one vehicle but only drove it a few times since there were no car shows or cruises to go to     I didnt't do my truck for a month but then decided to get it since we were off to the beach and my wife drives it around there and with my luck she would have got stopped got a hassle and that doesn't end well     I wonder how long it will be till you need to get the stickers and what the cost will be ?  

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Online has been opened up. You should go online to mto site and verify. Put all info in, and your vehicles will pop up. I was able to renew everything except commercial farm pickup. My mom did hers too and no issues. Cost was same as before Covid and still express on your birthday following year. 
I just don’t want hassle on road if police officer isn’t up to speed with current rules. Even I don’t know when they are going to mandate stickers be up to date again. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Strong Farmer, I agree. I renewed my personal vehicle registrations online, and received the stickers a few days later in the mail. Hassle free. I'll likely order online from now on.

For the heavy trucks, though, I had to show up to the licencing office in person.

You guys just made me realize mine our a month expired. Usually get the notice and buy online right away so figured I was good for another year.

32 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

You guys just made me realize mine our a month expired. Usually get the notice and buy online right away so figured I was good for another year.

Never got any notices either. I figure they will back date it anyways, so pay me now or pay me double later. Decided to just do it and get stickers and be done, before system gets flooded with renewals when they mandate it again. Going to be no free rides I think. 
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5674238

oh boy, who wants to waste a whole day fighting a ticket in court. Ridiculous but this is what happens when nothing from mto is coordinated. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Mrs. Turbo Doo just did her renewals a few days ago,  in person,  easy as 1,2,3. Done and done...8-)

Same w me! Went to local place!.. ezee peezee!! Actually went there for oil and filter for truck and thought might as as well get stickers!.. went so smooth I grabbed some beverages of choice on the way out!.... gotta love small town shoppin!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T bird said:

Same w me! Went to local place!.. ezee peezee!! Actually went there for oil and filter for truck and thought might as as well get stickers!.. went so smooth I grabbed some beverages of choice on the way out!.... gotta love small town shoppin!

Exactly..:right_on:

Got email today saying my permit has been shipped . 
was starting to wonder how long it was going to take but looks like it’s on the way 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

was starting to wonder how long it was going to take but looks like it’s on the way 

Did you pay the extra $10 for shipping ?

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Got the same email today, and I did NOT pay for preferred shipping

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Me too

2 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Did you pay the extra $10 for shipping ?

No I did not 

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Me too

As well. One of the permits, anyways. 

10 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

And to pay $7 three times for the permits to come in the same envelope is retarded.

I'm pretty sure mine have always come in seperate envelopes in the mail.

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

No I did not 

I decided to pay for the "Tracked" delivery this year as it said to just contact them via email if it didn't show up as apposed to normal delivery and having to get a police report.  Past years my buddies have not gotten the sticker and had to go through the ordeal of getting a police report and sending it to the OFSC and then have to pay $15 to get a new sticker sent.

I bought my sticker in early Sept but no email or sticker yet.

21 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

I decided to pay for the "Tracked" delivery this year as it said to just contact them via email if it didn't show up as apposed to normal delivery and having to get a police report.  Past years my buddies have not gotten the sticker and had to go through the ordeal of getting a police report and sending it to the OFSC and then have to pay $15 to get a new sticker sent.

I bought my sticker in early Sept but no email or sticker yet.

Wow that a pretty unfortunate situation so far I have had an issue with it arriving 

If you don’t get your permit within 30 days and you get your credit statement, you have write to put a hold on funds and credit card company will do investigation and you have a form to fill out, if ofsc won’t tell you where the permit is. Credit card companies will stand behind any transaction as long as you report it, within 15 days if receiving statement. I have had to go this route a few times on different things. Always got a credit after about 60 or so days and charges reversed.  This is beauty of credit cards. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

If you don’t get your permit within 30 days and you get your credit statement, you have write to put a hold on funds and credit card company will do investigation and you have a form to fill out, if ofsc won’t tell you where the permit is. Credit card companies will stand behind any transaction as long as you report it, within 15 days if receiving statement. I have had to go this route a few times on different things. Always got a credit after about 60 or so days and charges reversed.  This is beauty of credit cards. 

I didn't pay for tracked shipping either.  Did get the shipping e-mail today. That said the issue here with your theory is the OFSC will present your cc company with the contract you signed (waiving tracked shipping) and proof that they shipped from the fulfillment contractor that distributes permits.  You will loose the case and visa will make you pay regardless of whether you got the permit in the mail or not.  Why go through this?

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Didn’t it say back in September when permit sales first started that they wouldn’t be shipped out until October anyhow?

(just checked - OFSC confirmation email said shipping would “start” early October)

Edited by ecarnell

5 hours ago, Bigfish said:

X2