Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Ins companies should be showing record profits right now, no?

• no traveling or reduced so less expense
  • people are putting off their health concerns to avoid possible risk exposure, so less prescriptions
  • less drivers on the road should equal less claims/accidents
  • many of their building are empty
  • projects for reno's & updates of their buildings are on hold with very little forecasted in the future
  •  
  • I would think possible home ins claims might be higher based on more being at home though

Fraudulent accident, loss and theft claims are probably way up.  When some People have time on their hands minds go to quick dollars.

How many sleds will go missing this year for parts sales?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

Fraudulent accident, loss and theft claims are probably way up.  When some People have time on their hands minds go to quick dollars.

How many sleds will go missing this year for parts sales?

Well we have been "hearing" or reading about guys trucks and trailer apparently getting vandalized by locals.....so who knows....

Anyways, funny enough I just received my car insurance renewal and it is cheaper than last year.

Sled was status quo if I recall.

House Ins was status quo.

Insurance on trailers were status quo as well

Plus I received some cheques from my Insurance companies earlier as advertised.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave K said:

Yup  Got my 2 sleds back from the dealer.  Had a few repairs on one of them.  Cost me $1200 to get ready for this year.  $380 is only a third of that cost.  Add insurance, ~ $400 each and I'm at $2000, so then permit cost is only 20% of my "get ready" costs

For boating they have some very good phrases but I haven't seen anything comparable for snowmobiling... B-ring O-ut A-nother T-housand. Boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money.

1 hour ago, markweist said:

Quiet on those costs.  I spend close to that. Permit, sticker, insurance, repairs & fuel add up.  I tell my wife it costs me about $50.  

I used to tell my wife things like that. One year I was showing my friend my new rod & reel that I told my wife was $100... he asked in front of her... so what did that set you back?... about $750 - $800

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

We have three horses as well as snowmobiles.  I don't complain about the cost of them, and she doesn't complain about my sledding  costs.

Yup.  Even 1 good ride is money well spent..  

Wow... three and I thought I had it bad when my wife had her horse... we paid the board, blacksmith etc. whether she rode or not. I don't even want to think about the total cost of ownership over the 24 years.

43 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Wow... three and I thought I had it bad when my wife had her horse... we paid the board, blacksmith etc. whether she rode or not. I don't even want to think about the total cost of ownership over the 24 years.

Ours are boarded at home.  SO i lose about 2 acres of crop land, $1500 worth of hay that I have to buy, and a corner of the shed that's a little bigger than i would like to give her.  We wouldn't own that many if we had to board them off site.

Her trailer is worth more than mine, but my sleds cost more than her horses so its all good LOL

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

Ours are boarded at home.  SO i lose about 2 acres of crop land, $1500 worth of hay that I have to buy, and a corner of the shed that's a little bigger than i would like to give her.  We wouldn't own that many if we had to board them off site.

Her trailer is worth more than mine, but my sleds cost more than her horses so its all good LOL

The last year or two with the horse being boarded out, farrier, vet for shots etc. and miscellaneous feed supplements our average was just under $800 a month for the horse. She still has her horse trailer and is finally agreeing to sell it. She doesn't want to part with her saddles yet and her tack box is chock full of stuff in the garage. If I bring anything new home for boating, fishing or snowmobiling.... well.... that's different.

• Like 1

Hayburners are way worse than sledding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Where is this conversation going? The title of threads is permit sale? Lol

• Haha 1