Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

19 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Bracebridge is putting up the snowmobile bridge across the Muskoka river !! That is good sign that at least the Town of Bracebridge is thinking positive. This bridge links Gravenhurst and Bracebridge on D trail.:D

https://www.muskokaregion.com/news-story/10270788-floating-snowmobile-bridge-to-span-muskoka-river-in-bracebridge-nov-24/

Great news. D trail will be intact this winter to ride north out of gravenhurst or is there still some land owner issues north of Bracebridge too? 

45 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Great news. D trail will be intact this winter to ride north out of gravenhurst or is there still some land owner issues north of Bracebridge too? 

No landowner issues like back 4 years ago I am aware of , except last year the trail (D) goes along lone pine road (near to Port Sydney) further then in the past due to land owner issues.

• Thanks 1

Team Snowcrest has been out the past few weeks like many other clubs working on trails, Was out on the D south of Gravenhurst towards Kahshe Lake this week with a few of the Board members doing some much needed repairs.  Group of the guys are going out today working on the trails again.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Canuck said:

...says the chap from Sudbury, where 100 foot bridges are the norm. Found this on YouTube...there was discussion about it last year. 

No way in hell I would ever cross that... never...

There were bridges not that long on A105Q  that I was across a few times.  Moguls on them too.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

There were bridges not that long on A105Q  that I was across a few times.  Moguls on them too.

BP, I think this is the bridge 1/2 our group crossed. Not in as good a shape & just as high as the one in the video.

49°01'12.0"N 80°51'10.0"W

Paste & search on Google maps. Zoom in on satellite mode & you can see the bridge. Wasn't actually on A102Q. We were lost.

Xtc500, I was refering to the bridges on the Quebec end of trail.  They were a lot shorter and not so high.  I never seen the death bridge 1/2 our group went over.  They had ties missing from the story.  I will chech out your coordinates on Google Earth.

21 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Xtc500, I was refering to the bridges on the Quebec end of trail.  They were a lot shorter and not so high.  I never seen the death bridge 1/2 our group went over.  They had ties missing from the story.  I will chech out your coordinates on Google Earth.

Are the bridges that you are referring to the 2 bridges that were at Low Bush (near where the outfitter was that sold fuel) on the north shore of Lake Abitibi? Those 2 bridges have apparently been dismantled.

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Are the bridges that you are referring to the 2 bridges that were at Low Bush (near where the outfitter was that sold fuel) on the north shore of Lake Abitibi? Those 2 bridges have apparently been dismantled.

These are the bridges that I was refering to.  The bridge that xtc500 is refering to is a wild ride.  I just found it on Google Earth.  I think that bridge is the one our companions found by mistake.  One made it over.  The other turned around.  We never make it to Quebec that day.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Been across those bridges a few times..:right_on:

Edited by Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

I think that was the 2014 trip. The outfitter on the north side of Lake Abitibi was Steel Mountain Outfitters .

DSC02630.thumb.JPG.92f71dd6728a1dfea61b442321ca8e36.JPG

I think this is one of the railway bridges your talking about.

DSC02637.thumb.JPG.accabddb7dec255ca887a0a5b3626d01.JPG

I wish I had pics of the bridge we found by mistake.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, XTC500 said:

I think that was the 2014 trip

That must have been pretty close to the last year that trail was open.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That must have been pretty close to the last year that trail was open.

Yes it was.  I was lucky to do it both directions with XTC500 over the years before it closed.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Here is the info re the potential $50 credit for next year permit       There is still time for the trails to be opened and closed this year so the credit wont be an issue  

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Here is the info re the potential $50 credit for next year permit       There is still time for the trails to be opened and closed this year so the credit wont be an issue  

The way I read it, if they close the trails before the Feb. 16 cutoff date because of Covid, they only have to open one/some trail(s) sometime before the end of the season to negate the  $50.00 credit.

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The way I read it, if they close the trails before the Feb. 16 cutoff date because of Covid, they only have to open one/some trail(s) sometime before the end of the season to negate the  $50.00 credit.

I will get the credit

18 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I bet they will do that and no credit back. Can be one trail any where in province too. Just like that snow insurance guarantee we had years ago. No money back either, since Barrie had enough snowfall. What a teaser that was. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

They can close today and reopen mid Feb with no credit.    I can see this happening. 

On the bright side folks, it will be a nice surplus to carry into next year to be put to good use for us.

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I will get the credit

please let us know how

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

On the bright side folks, it will be a nice surplus to carry into next year to be put to good use for us.

I think this is realistic 

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

yup

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

They can close today and reopen mid Feb with no credit.    I can see this happening. 

yup

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Will be no surplus, cause no one will buy early next year and they have a huge list of expenses too. Be lucky if ofsc survives if they do shut down trails this year. Hopefully they can get an insurance credit but doubt that is even possible without canceling for season. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

Will be no surplus, cause no one will buy early next year and they have a huge list of expenses too. Be lucky if ofsc survives if they do shut down trails this year. Hopefully they can get an insurance credit but doubt that is even possible without canceling for season. 

Just stop spewing please? The ofsc will be here next year, just like the last 54 years!  

I like many others will continue to support organised snowmobiling. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Yukon said:

Just stop spewing please? The ofsc will be here next year, just like the last 54 years!  

I like many others will continue to support organised snowmobiling. 

Exactly... if I don't get to use my trail permit this year. Oh well. That's the way it is. $190 is the cheapest part of the sport and I will buy a trail permit next year. Would everyone be grumbling like they are if it was simply a matter of no snow and predicting doom. If I have a very wet summer and don't get out in the boat I somehow don't think that I would get a refund on insurance and if I was at a marina a refund on dock fees. I won't get a refund on my season lock pass for the trent system either.

• Like 2