New Trailer Opinions

Spanky

Not my picture, but this is 2 Summits in a 6x12

Screenshot_20221209-160517_Facebook.jpg

• Thanks 1

Can confirm 2 137"s will fit in a 6x12. Tight but possible .. 

• Like 1

May have some peoples wheels spinning now.....

With one sled reversed in, how is that for towing from a weight distribution - I guess it will depend on where the axle is positioned on the trailer?

OK, I gotta ask...with 2 sleds in a 6 X 12 trailer, positioned as shown in the pic Zertrider posted above, how on earth is it  possible to tie them down properly to keep them from bouncing around while on the road, and likely damaging each other and/or the sides of the trailer? Also, Stoney raises a good point about weight distribution...I would be concerned there's not enough tongue weight to be safe on the road.

2 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

OK, I gotta ask...with 2 sleds in a 6 X 12 trailer, positioned as shown in the pic Zertrider posted above, how on earth is it  possible to tie them down properly to keep them from bouncing around while on the road, and likely damaging each other and/or the sides of the trailer? Also, Stoney raises a good point about weight distribution...I would be concerned there's not enough tongue weight to be safe on the road.

Other than the weight distribution thing, with 6 feet width I think you would be okay, but tight knowing most sleds are 4 feet wide at front and the rear is less than 2 feet, but gets wider as you move from rear of sled to front of sled.

My 137" sled is just over 10 feet from ski tip to snow flap.

I would for sure want a pair of tie down tracks/grooves up each side to secure front with superclamps and the rear with a strap or something. 

Backing in the second sled up the ramp into position beside the other sled might be a bit tricky - you usually have to approach the ramp with a bit of speed/momentum, making doing that in reverse a bit hard, or do it the old fashion way, muscle her in, but we are not getting any younger.....lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Jammed so tight against each other there is no room to bounce around lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Jammed so tight against each other there is no room to bounce around lol.

LOL...probably true. But they're likely to be touching each other and the trailer walls in several spots, which is sure to create some "rash" in those spots from moving up and down over bumps on the road...to say nothing of what happens in a panic braking situation.

• Like 1

Not looking for a setup where I have to grunt machines around to make them fit, too old for that LOL.  Does anyone have any experience with brands other than Triton?  How do they compare?

16 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Skis touch walls before any part of the sled. So I put in the sleds, and mounted a couple of floor anchors where they were convenient. Pull front ends slightly towards the walls, and straight down with the rear. Have towed for 6hrs with no contact between  sleds.

And axle setback is enough to keep proper weight on the tongue.

• Like 2

Weber lane are Canadian made and look decent   

I have owned a Mission 7.5 x 16    I liked it   Should have kept it but went bigger.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:37 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

TC167. Full stop not up for discussion. Light, easy to access interior. Not that long for parking . Well made.

Only problem I have with low height trailers is everyone once in a awhile you forget they are low and crack your skull off the roof walking in. This usually happens in the summer when you have had a few too many and you want to start up the 2 stroke at midnight just to listen to it and smell some exhaust....................well maybe thats just me.

Mine is low. Walking in is pain. Also it will not hold a sxs. You lose a lot of utility. I regret not getting a taller one. Now, if you will only ever use it for sleds it is great, but the op stated long term ownership, and life brings changes, so I would suggest a 16 footer that is tall. 

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Weber lane are Canadian made and look decent   

Made 15 minutes from me in Listowel Ontario.

https://www.weberlane.com/snowmobile-trailers/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zoso said:

Mine is low. Walking in is pain. Also it will not hold a sxs. You lose a lot of utility. I regret not getting a taller one. Now, if you will only ever use it for sleds it is great, but the op stated long term ownership, and life brings changes, so I would suggest a 16 footer that is tall. 

I agree somewhat.    I own a TC167 that I use exclusively for sleds.    I carry my machines in it over the winter AND use it for sled storage in the summer.    Its probably not the trailer I would own if I needed to use it year round to carry ATVs, bikes in the summer and sleds in the winter.    If I needed a year round use trailer I would probably go to a more traditional cargo type trailer.   

• Like 1

For those that own them.how are the Bullitt trailers holding up over time? Any issues with them? Do you wish you had the extra 8" or whatever it is of additional head room that the TC167 has?  

• Like 1

I bought a 7x23 Legend trailer 11 years ago now. Its been a good unit. Only issue is the man door rotted out. It was a factory defect but I never had them fix it because I bought it in Michigan.

I used to have a 6x12 as well. It was a cheap POS that I bought for work use. I used it a lot, had the scars on my head to prove it. So when it fell apart after 5 years, I bought a 7x12 to replace it. The new trailer is 6'-6" tall.

My only negative with my 7x23 is the 6' height. Every helmet I own has scratches from the trailer doorway. And I've learned to wear my helmet when loading or unloading the sleds. If I ever buy a new sled trailer, it will be 6'-6".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spanky said:

Not looking for a setup where I have to grunt machines around to make them fit, too old for that LOL.  Does anyone have any experience with brands other than Triton?  How do they compare?

I’d also look into the Nitro Trailers. Very similar in design to the Triton 

Alcolm trailers now owns / builds a pile of the brands.

Mission

Sno Pro

stealth

cargopro

High country

EZ hauler

Polaris trailers

And Triton  

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I bought a 7x23 Legend trailer 11 years ago now. Its been a good unit. Only issue is the man door rotted out. It was a factory defect but I never had them fix it because I bought it in Michigan.

I used to have a 6x12 as well. It was a cheap POS that I bought for work use. I used it a lot, had the scars on my head to prove it. So when it fell apart after 5 years, I bought a 7x12 to replace it. The new trailer is 6'-6" tall.

My only negative with my 7x23 is the 6' height. Every helmet I own has scratches from the trailer doorway. And I've learned to wear my helmet when loading or unloading the sleds. If I ever buy a new sled trailer, it will be 6'-6".

I added an additional 6" of height to mine when I ordered it. Even tho I'm 5'6" tall, it makes a huge difference.

27 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I added an additional 6" of height to mine when I ordered it. Even tho I'm 5'6" tall, it makes a huge difference.

Yeah depends what you use trailer for. Wish I had the height too. Getting older harder to bend over to carry things in and out of trailer. Height gives you room to put a fold up bench or some racks too. 

I currently have a 7’ x 14’ with 5’ vee so 19’ long total    Tandem axle is a little harder pull  

But the extra room in the trailer is nice when travelling.  Lots of space for two sleds and any extra crap you want to bring.  Fuel cans, spare tires, tools, portable heater    And room to preform some repairs   

and as others have said the added headroom is a real bonus   

On 12/11/2022 at 7:57 PM, signfan said:

For those that own them.how are the Bullitt trailers holding up over time? Any issues with them? Do you wish you had the extra 8" or whatever it is of additional head room that the TC167 has?  

My brother has one and really likes it but does wish it had the additional headroom my 16x7 Mission has. 

On 12/11/2022 at 7:57 PM, signfan said:

20220615_134643.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How does the Pro Starr Bullitt inline compare to the Triton TC167?  Comparable (or better) quality?  Springs vs torsion axles?

4 hours ago, Spanky said:

How does the Pro Starr Bullitt inline compare to the Triton TC167?  Comparable (or better) quality?  Springs vs torsion axles?

The Prostarr is too low IMO for anything other than sleds.    I have a TC167 and it appears to be built very well.    No issues or concerns with it.  

• Like 1

Opinions on Excalibur trailers in Brampton?

6A9BDE66-4F35-4EE0-9D5C-BE69C69C4C64.thumb.png.d9d29473898deaab9888d0a8265aa3b1.png

I found this prostarr for sale on kijiji 👍

• Like 1