Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

As I see it  sled prices are falling of a cliff especially 2022- 24 I guess the lack of snow ,poor interest rates on new and used and inflation in what you need are combining to push sled prices down like pre covvvvvid what are you guys seeing?

• Like 1

Post Covid correction is fine with me

a 20 yr old Indy 500 shouldnt be worth $4500 lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 528rick said:

As I see it  sled prices are falling of a cliff especially 2022- 24 I guess the lack of snow ,poor interest rates on new and used and inflation in what you need are combining to push sled prices down like pre covvvvvid what are you guys seeing?

I have been following a 2023 xcr 650. It has 125 ish km’s on it. He has dropped price 3 times and still has it. If it wasn’t such a far drive would be in my garage already. Hoping he still has it in January 😎

No personal first hand opinion/experience to share, but I am hearing others stating the same....things are more normal.

No issues here with that personally at all, so much in the sport is expensive already, cannot have used sleds out to lunch.....not like we have a record of stellar seasons exactly helping things out.....:headbang:

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I have been following a 2023 xcr 650. It has 125 ish km’s on it. He has dropped price 3 times and still has it. If it wasn’t such a far drive would be in my garage already. Hoping he still has it in January 😎

Where is it located?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We unfortunately wrecked a sled into a tree last winter.  Insurance paid me out.

Could buy same sled, with 8000 less KMS on it last week for 2 grand less than insurance gave me in February 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dave K said:

We unfortunately wrecked a sled into a tree last winter.  Insurance paid me out.

Could buy same sled, with 8000 less KMS on it last week for 2 grand less than insurance gave me in February 

Why we. 😆

older ones are harder to steer anyways. 
Time for a newer Polaris into pig stable 😎
I am sure we get some snow. 🙏

I generally shop in the 5-10k range, never in a rush, always ready to travel for a good deal and ready to go immediately. I found this year that 15 year old sleds and 10 year old sleds have started to overlap in price. 

I see 15 year old Apex's with twice the mileage as a 9-10 year old comparable sled for the same price. eg. being a 2014 zr7000 I recently picked up for 6k with about 8000kms on the clock. 

• Like 1

I bought a '16 800 163 Summit (500 miles) off my chum the other day for 7K (US), and he took those bucks and put 4 more with them, and picked up a "new" 2020 850 Summit 174 with 1 yr warranty yet. And he found that in the Upper Lower. (Mich)

The guy never fails to find a screamin' deal on anything - I'm tellin' yuh!

And it's exactly what he was wanting!

And this was from a dealer...

9 hours ago, 95rxl650 said:

I generally shop in the 5-10k range, never in a rush, always ready to travel for a good deal and ready to go immediately. I found this year that 15 year old sleds and 10 year old sleds have started to overlap in price. 

I see 15 year old Apex's with twice the mileage as a 9-10 year old comparable sled for the same price. eg. being a 2014 zr7000 I recently picked up for 6k with about 8000kms on the clock. 

But, but..... the Apex is a real Yamaha! Unfair Comparison!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Prices are coming back to reality, particularly at the dealers. I've seen some good bargains on 1-2 year old sleds.

Big Time Truth. I hope all the dealers can survive 2024, but I suspect some will fail if we don't get cold very soon, followed by snow in January. February will be too late for some dealers if the OEMs don't offer some cost of inventory help. Hope I am wrong. With Yamaha departing the show, I can see the remaining three retailing sleds directly shortly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tricky said:

Big Time Truth. I hope all the dealers can survive 2024, but I suspect some will fail if we don't get cold very soon, followed by snow in January. February will be too late for some dealers if the OEMs don't offer some cost of inventory help. Hope I am wrong. With Yamaha departing the show, I can see the remaining three retailing sleds directly shortly. 

The smart dealers are already prepared for the slowdown and return to pre Covid.

They good ones knew it was coming 8 or 9 months ago when snow check did not sell out.

And dealers now will get creative on their ways to make money and how to shave / make points on financing.

• Like 1

The pool of people willing to drop 20 plus k on something that can be used so little is getting smaller by the day.

tag on the costs of having to now chase snow all over the place, and it will only get worse.

any dealer still doing sleds is doing it out of passion, they aren’t making money.

• Like 5

I feel fortunate to have sold my sleds in October . Looks like the days of rolling sleds every year is coming to a end I think I will ad extended warranty before my one year is up and ride these ones into the sunset 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, 1049 said:

I feel fortunate to have sold my sleds in October . Looks like the days of rolling sleds every year is coming to a end I think I will ad extended warranty before my one year is up and ride these ones into the sunset 

I am thinking the same thing.    Unless I absolutely hate my 24 Lynx, I will be riding it for at least 2 years.   My dealer was just telling me that he cant remember selling as many BEST warranties as they have the last 3 months.    Lots of guys have decided to hang onto their 21/22s that are running out of warranty and are thinking its cheaper to spend $2K on an ext warranty than $12K to trade machines.   

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am thinking the same thing.    Unless I absolutely hate my 24 Lynx, I will be riding it for at least 2 years.   My dealer was just telling me that he cant remember selling as many BEST warranties as they have the last 3 months.    Lots of guys have decided to hang onto their 21/22s that are running out of warranty and are thinking its cheaper to spend $2K on an ext warranty than $12K to trade machines.   

Yes the decision to keep a sled is much easier when dealer offers you $12,000 on your year old $24,000 sled.  

It’s amazing how many guys thought the big money on trades was going to continue.

i hear lots of walk a ways on snow checks this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

We’re which brand 😎

Mid city Polaris in Sudbury had a ton of left overs from last year. He was loaded with left over stock. Trailside sports in espanola had a few as well but nothing compared to mid city

6 hours ago, signfan said:

What were the early season permit sales like?  Anyone have any intel?  

I bought my permit on last day before first price increase nov 1.

I covered up one digit and someone stated they started at 5000 this year. Will be some sitting on gift cards yet too, that won’t be counted yet in permit numbers until they redeem for a permit. 61000 seasonal sold before deadline if they do indeed go in order. I don’t have a classic to compare too, maybe someone can help us out and see if they start with a different letter. Should be a different series imagine.,

IMG_5360.jpeg

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

The pool of people willing to drop 20 plus k on something that can be used so little is getting smaller by the day.

tag on the costs of having to now chase snow all over the place, and it will only get worse.

any dealer still doing sleds is doing it out of passion, they aren’t making money.

Sucks having something you can’t count on using. Had a boat before.
Kept it at wild wood reservioir in st Mary’s. Then reservioir would sometimes go dry in July and that be end of boating season there too. Cleaning all alagae off gel coat sucks too.
Our waters aren’t clean in southern Ontario. Boat was more work then sleds for amount I used it too. Maybe new aluminium’s would be easier to pressure wash stuff off. I seen wild bill using some type of acid at his shop to get crap off bottom of boats. 
Sled can usually blast it thru some powder at end of season and it cleans itself 😎. Not much work involved. 
I remember a bad winter in 1995 and 1999 ring a bell too. Only got a few weekends in. Even got a thunder storm in north bay around that time too and it poured so much trails closed over night. That was it for sesson in middle of Feb. I am use to this with sleds. Just seems it’s been 2020 and 2021 was last good season we had. Since then it’s been crappy no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Kept it at wild wood reservioir in st Mary’s. Then reservioir would sometimes go dry in July and that be end of boating season there too. Cleaning all alagae off gel coat sucks too.
Our waters aren’t clean in southern Ontario. Boat was more work then sleds for amount I used it too. Maybe new aluminium’s would be easier to pressure wash stuff off. I seen wild bill using some type of acid at his shop to get crap off bottom of boats. 
Sled can usually blast it thru some powder at end of season and it cleans itself 😎. Not much work involved. 
I remember a bad winter in 1995 and 1999 ring a bell too. Only got a few weekends in. Even got a thunder storm in north bay around that time too and it poured so much trails closed over night. That was it for sesson in middle of Feb. I am use to this with sleds. Just seems it’s been 2020 and 2021 was last good season we had. Since then it’s been crappy no doubt. 

You were keeping your boat in a reservoir created by damming a river in farm country. What did you expect? Our great lakes are reasonably clean and our inland lakes are typically very clean. If you had power washed the bottom with a strong power washer as soon as you pulled the boat from the water it wouldn't have been nearly as tough to get the crap off.  You can't let the scum dry on and expect it to come off easily. Better yet, if you aren't using it often, as you mentioned, trailer it from home and wipe the hull down when you take it out of the water. Not rocket science.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scottyr said:

I was offered 11-12k for my spring check 23' 600 with 6500kms on it. The numbers didnt work on a in season sled with only 1 year warranty. If they gave 2 years warranty like they used too maybe that'd work. I'll ride it another year and top it up with warranty and sell it next year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Wildwood is basically a manure tank.    It gets so much run off from the farmers fields that the water becomes unsafe to swim in about June 1 every year.    Conestoga isnt much better.     We used to take our Seadoos to Conestoga early in the season as the water was warm, but after July 1 you couldnt pay me to jump in that lake.

UTRCA or GRCA doesnt care about boaters.   Their mandate is to keep the water levels at levels that prevent flooding.   

My pontoon sits in the water in Port Severn from May 24 to Thanksgiving.    I try to pull it out once a summer and clean the logs off but if I dont its not the end of the world.