Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

5 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Wildwood is basically a manure tank.    It gets so much run off from the farmers fields that the water becomes unsafe to swim in about June 1 every year.    Conestoga isnt much better.     We used to take our Seadoos to Conestoga early in the season as the water was warm, but after July 1 you couldnt pay me to jump in that lake.

UTRCA or GRCA doesnt care about boaters.   Their mandate is to keep the water levels at levels that prevent flooding.   

My pontoon sits in the water in Port Severn from May 24 to Thanksgiving.    I try to pull it out once a summer and clean the logs off but if I dont its not the end of the world.   

If you check the cottages around Lake Conestogo on google satellite, you'll see plenty of swimming pools because those people won't swim in the lake....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sault Ste. Marie

Used Sled prices in Sault Ste. Marie have not dropped as dramatically as what I'm seeing in the Southern Ontario Marketplace.  We've had a taste of winter and sledders have been out since late November.

16 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

It’s in the classifieds here and it’s on Kijiji

Gotcha. Not much is selling unless you want to chop price by another 30 percent.

That guy that has xcr I have been watching has knocked off 2000 and still not selling. He wants 17500 now.  Afraid to buy a new one now, with this crazy market.  

51 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Gotcha. Not much is selling unless you want to chop price by another 30 percent.

That guy that has xcr I have been watching has knocked off 2000 and still not selling. He wants 17500 now.  Afraid to buy a new one now, with this crazy market.  

You can buy a 2022 XCR 850 with warranty into 2026 for less than $17,500.

likely a 650:also   

• Like 1

I personally think prices are going to continue to fall. Hardly anybody has disposable income to play with right now. It’s all being eaten away by inflation & interest rates. People can barely pay all their bills or even keep their homes. 

Im noticing in all markets right now, hardly anything is moving, prices are being cut over and over again, and still not much is moving. 

give it another year or 2 and we’ll really see prices stabilize. I’m not buying anything for a while, I’ll be riding my viper likely for another 15,000kms and then I’ll by a new one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

$17500 is no deal for a 22 XCR850, let alone a 650.

22 MXZ850XRS' are lucky to get $14-14500 today.     My buddy just sold his 22 900XRS for $14500.   It needed a track but he included a brand new take off Ripsaw (not installed). 

• Like 1

Trailer prices seem to be a little more consistent currently.  I sold my Legend hybrid last Sunday in under a week for good money but then had to spend a good amount more for my new 7x14 cargo that is being built first week of January.  I’ve had good luck with not loosing anything on my 2 previous trailers, I’m hoping that holds true for the new one also.  

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

$17500 is no deal for a 22 XCR850, let alone a 650.

22 MXZ850XRS' are lucky to get $14-14500 today.     My buddy just sold his 22 900XRS for $14500.   It needed a track but he included a brand new take off Ripsaw (not installed). 

It's a 2023 xcr 650 with 7s, Polaris 2 up seat, studs, and a few other goodies. Warranty until 2026 too. Has 125 km's or so on it. 

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

It's a 2023 xcr 650 with 7s, Polaris 2 up seat, studs, and a few other goodies. Warranty until 2026 too. Has 125 km's or so on it. 

I still dont think that is anything amazing.    Probably just what its worth.     You arent stealing it for that price   

I sold my 23 850 XRS for $17500 with 1500kms and I thought that it was more than fair for the buyer.   

I know in these times we all like to get a good deal, but a new sled cost better than half of some folks annual income. On top of that, I know folks that drop another 5-10k chasing snow. Are we really worried about a couple grand one way or another, or is it the thrill of the hunt?

For me it's the thrill of the hunt. I buy used junk up to 10k and enjoy bringing it back up  to snuff. Boats included. I like to tinker as it beats rotting in front of the tube. lol

• Like 5

10 hours ago, scottyr said:

I still dont think that is anything amazing.    Probably just what its worth.     You arent stealing it for that price   

I sold my 23 850 XRS for $17500 with 1500kms and I thought that it was more than fair for the buyer.   

Your right just would like xcr again. Had a 440 when I was a kid. Had most fun on that sled. I put over 12,000 miles on that thing and barely put it on a trailer. 
use to ride it in Mitchel area this time of year.
I can remember going  down snow covered streets and snow was as tall as me. Cars could barely move some days too. 
my grand parents lived directly across from fair grounds.

3 hours ago, 95rxl650 said:

I know in these times we all like to get a good deal, but a new sled cost better than half of some folks annual income. On top of that, I know folks that drop another 5-10k chasing snow. Are we really worried about a couple grand one way or another, or is it the thrill of the hunt?

For me it's the thrill of the hunt. I buy used junk up to 10k and enjoy bringing it back up  to snuff. Boats included. I like to tinker as it beats rotting in front of the tube. lol

When it’s time to get rid of the old and move onto the “new”, you are right, shouldn’t worry or stress about price too much. 
My wife always comments on when I sell things and my willingness to let things go for less….when I’m ready to let things go, I actually want them gone in a reasonable time for a reasonable price. 

• Like 3

On 12/25/2023 at 6:02 AM, 95rxl650 said:

We drive 400 miles to make it to Algoma, and prolly 1200 or more to Colorado, and we don't spend anything near those numbers. Dropping coin like that is not needed, it is wanted. If you have to have the fanciest rig at the trailhead, if you need to dine at the steakhouse and then patty at the bar all night ... all of those things are in addition to sledding, not exactly part of it.

Depends on whether your focus is on party or sledding. 

We go to ride.

It looks like I may actually have some time to ride this winter, so I am hopefull for Algoma as 1 trip west is enough butt time for me.

But if it git's REALLY slow, then maybe we could take a cpl weeks and hit California and BC! That'd be fine as well!

Still wouldn't likely drop near your numbers.

• Like 3

Yep, they have and spend it like it's their last day on earth. Cheap hotels and dining are not on the menu. Ride a day and move on for the most part. A close friend went with them a couple years back for 2 weeks.....said never again. Keep in mind, 5-10 is for the season. 

I used to rent cottages for weekend riding. For the wife and I it easily cost 500-800 dollars and thats not bad. I just finished up job at a cottage thats $2500 for the week winter rates.

2 minutes ago, 95rxl650 said:

Yep, they have and spend it like it's their last day on earth. Cheap hotels and dining are not on the menu. Ridea day and move on for the most part. A close friend went with them a couple years back for 2 weeks.....said never again. Keep in mind, 5-10 is for the season. 

I used to rent cottages for weekend riding. For the wife and I it easily cost 500-800 dollars and thats not bad. I just finished up job at a cottage thats $2500 for the week winter rates.

In a vrbo right now 3k for a week. Not even riding. I am on the trail though. 11I

On 12/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, stoney said:

When it’s time to get rid of the old and move onto the “new”, you are right, shouldn’t worry or stress about price too much. 
My wife always comments on when I sell things and my willingness to let things go for less….when I’m ready to let things go, I actually want them gone in a reasonable time for a reasonable price. 

Same here. Sell fast.

On 12/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, stoney said:

My wife always comments on when I sell things and my willingness to let things go for less….when I’m ready to let things go, I actually want them gone in a reasonable time for a reasonable price

Same here, when I'm done with it I want it gone.

• Like 2

Dealers arent as susceptible to the rapid changes in single market items like sleds. BRP moved all of their dealers to sleds, seadoos, boats and spyders. That way one winter won't kill you. 

Smart but I do miss the days when the dealers sold only sleds because they generally knew their product. 

Most salespeople at dealer now don't know as much as i do about sleds. Which frankly isnt much. Its frustrating however.

• Like 2