Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

My dad grew up skating on the Thames River, for weeks on end, you’d be lucky to get a day on it at all now.

things have changed, but none of us were around in the 17 and 18 hundreds and anything from those times are just “stories” anyways, so nobody really “knows”

My dad walked uphill to school both ways barefoot in 2 ft of snow; lol. Those good old days; lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ox said:

I don't know of any mild winters until '84. 

You sure you got your calendar flipped right?

The early 80's were purty intense here. The state road that goes past us here was closed for 3 days at a time a cpl times each winter during that time as the state trucks couldn't keep up.

But in '84/'85 I tried to sell my sled to Spicers Boat City up in Houton Lake, and they said that they didn't have any snow up there either.

I think you are correct on the year. In fact Im almost certain is was 84 now that I think more'on it 😳 hence my question mark. I was back and forth so many times in the 80's it was all a blur but the sled prices out west were literally half of what they were in Ontario. What triggers the memory most is a buddy of mine bought a 85/6 formula MX new and  that was the second winter with the Blizzards so it must have been 84. Geez when did 84 become a long time ago? 🤣

• Haha 1

Could be winter of 83/84 or 84/85 but I remember one winter being low on snow. We rode the sleds but not a lot. The next year it was cold but snow. Somewhere about 2nd or 3rd week of Jan we got 6 inches. Not enough to open trails but enough to scratch around. My uncle, cousin, my dad and myself rode our Yamaha Enticers (1-250, 2-300’s, 1-340) down to the river in Bridgeport and ran on the ice up the river to the Conestogo Dam and back.

The next day my dad said “I’m done, sleds are for sale.” They both sold in a couple days for close to what we paid for them 5 years early. The second one didn’t leave for a week and by the time the guy came back to get it, the only snow on the lawn was where the sled was sitting. And we never had snow for the rest of the winter.

My dad always referred to it as the best decision he ever made regarding sleds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Could be winter of 83/84 or 84/85 but I remember one winter being low on snow. We rode the sleds but not a lot. The next year it was cold but snow. Somewhere about 2nd or 3rd week of Jan we got 6 inches. Not enough to open trails but enough to scratch around. My uncle, cousin, my dad and myself rode our Yamaha Enticers (1-250, 2-300’s, 1-340) down to the river in Bridgeport and ran on the ice up the river to the Conestogo Dam and back.

The next day my dad said “I’m done, sleds are for sale.” They both sold in a couple days for close to what we paid for them 5 years early. The second one didn’t leave for a week and by the time the guy came back to get it, the only snow on the lawn was where the sled was sitting. And we never had snow for the rest of the winter.

My dad always referred to it as the best decision he ever made regarding sleds.

Curious, what did your dad fill the void with?

i don’t think I could just walk away from riding that easy

17 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Curious, what did your dad fill the void with?

i don’t think I could just walk away from riding that easy

camping and travel mostly. My parents bought a new 5th wheel camper and a truck right around then and toured the southern states each winter. Mostly Florida but they went to California and the southwest states too.

He also got into woodworking. He was building furniture for a while.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Smart dealer. Blast them out and stop paying interest on them!

Great dealer too.

I am not starting nor spreading this rumour but I heard from someone in the PS Industry that Perf Rec has self terminated as a Polaris Dealer?    Anyone else hear this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I am not starting nor spreading this rumour but I heard from someone in the PS Industry that Perf Rec has self terminated as a Polaris Dealer?    Anyone else hear this?

It’s amazing that Polaris has 6 or 7 dealers within about a hour drive of Orillia.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scottyr said:

I have heard the same thing

• Like 1

19 hours ago, scottyr said:

Hope not as they are a great one, but if they were going to have the “build a bigger store” gun put to their head to continue being one, I would say great business move.

• 1 month later...

Used prices are really dropping.  A buddy picked up a 2015 ZR 6000 for cheaper then people are asking  for 2005 and 6 sleds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wildman said:

There certainly isn't much demand for them.

This winter I am sure will put a solid dent in the activity.

the hardcore will always be there, the fringe will find other things, and good luck convincing newbies.

Yup, just like everything else, the ones that understand ride the highs and the lows and adapt to available riding opportunities,  the rest try and bail. Bailing right now is going to come at a huge loss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Used prices are really dropping.  A buddy picked up a 2015 ZR 6000 for cheaper then people are asking  for 2005 and 6 sleds.

58 minutes ago, Wildman said:

There certainly isn't much demand for them.

its a cat!

• Haha 2

On 12/22/2023 at 6:42 PM, Strong Farmer said:

I have been following a 2023 xcr 650. It has 125 ish km’s on it. He has dropped price 3 times and still has it. If it wasn’t such a far drive would be in my garage already. Hoping he still has it in January 😎

Did you buy it?

• Haha 2

I've been following the polaris pricing, 22 to 24 and they haven't moved much or at all since Jan. I expect that mid/late March will be the time for the best selection and prices. Even if the published price hasn't dropped it would be worth a phone call.  

10 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I've been following the polaris pricing, 22 to 24 and they haven't moved much or at all since Jan. I expect that mid/late March will be the time for the best selection and prices. Even if the published price hasn't dropped it would be worth a phone call.  

Some dealers have lots of stock.

Might be time for the manu's to start offering some bigger incentives to help move these units along!

Lets be honest, you would have to be on crack to buy a sled today.     

Prices are only going to fall on them from now until next season.    

• Like 5