Where Did You Ride Today?

revrnd

24 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

It’s a floating bridge across a river in Bracebridge,sled club puts it in for the season then takes it out in the spring 

Do they not swing it 180 degrees & use it for docks? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Do they not swing it 180 degrees & use it for docks? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Yes they float it up stream about 2 ks or so and use it as a government swim dock at the park ,I believe it is the township that does the floating and attaching ,good to see the town and sled club working together 

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started in Kirkton this morning. Rode up to Mount Forest Golf Club for lunch. Did a loop up through Durham, and back down to Kirkton to end the day. A little over 360kms.

Started in gravenhurst about 4 pm today.went up to bracebridge then decided to make a loop over the port Carling, bala, back to gravenhurst.

Trails where kinda rough but I've rode worse.

Things where going good till it got dark and started snowing.

Got horribly lost in Bala, never did find the right trail to get out, just followed some tracks back to a trail that took me back to the groomed trail.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Rode to Owen Sound for lunch.  Currently enjoying sledding time with Mrs. Turbo Doo at the Boston Pizza..

20200215_120820.jpg

Have you thought of naming that sled "Skunk" ? Nice white stripe up the center!!  ;-) Good to see snow in that area.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

Have you thought of naming that sled "Skunk" ? Nice white stripe up the center!!  ;-) Good to see snow in that area.

Hahah, dont tell Mrs. Turbo Doo that. Yes Owen Sound has snow, but definitely not at the levels they should have. The snow levels increase coming south, which is weird all to its self..

23 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Not too sure.  It is in at the ex-dealer's now but it is a long weekend so no report until Tuesday at the earliest.  I am a little worried that there may be extraneous damage to the chaincase housing and other parts.

That would suck.  If you need, I understand Terry in Orillia has lots of good used chaincases, sprockets, etc.  Around $200 complete.

27 minutes ago, whits-end said:

That would suck.  If you need, I understand Terry in Orillia has lots of good used chaincases, sprockets, etc.  Around $200 complete.

Thanks.  Brad at Blue Beacon is friends with Terry and has purchased from him before.  If there is anything that is not a normal wear item, I am sure he will check with Terry rather than Yamaha.  Cannot wait for Tuesday when stuff can start moving forward.

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

Minden has a floating bridge they turn 180 and use as a town dock on the Gull River.

Ok that's probably the 1 I was thinking of. But I knew of the Bracebridge floating bridge (had never seen it though). 

90* maybe?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ox said:

90* maybe?

Hahaha , Good catch! In Ontario when we do a job we do it big Ox!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In Apsley right now. Its 1:00 pm. Trails are awesome today. Left Fenelon and took 108 to the E to 107. 90% of trails are a 10. The other 10% are an 8-9

Beautiful day.

• Like 1

Got moving solo from port around 10:30am, trails were smooth but loose, headed down to Baysville, topped up with fuel. Stopped at the warm up shack, then continued on to Dorset, a little thin in spots still.  Hopped on LOB to 76, excellent shape! Super fun trail! Made my way up d101 to 102 to 95, almost seemed it wasnt groomed last night but still decent. Quite a few people in this section riding the wrong side! Piss me off! Also i dont give a flying #%ck about your hand signals while your riding down the middle of the trail, just get the hell over on your side! This includes the slower touring riders. I wear a tekvest on weekends now because of this. Crossed the hwy on 93 and made my across 82 to D trail. A little rough and thin at the start but got better closer you get to D. Sled threw up a p1004 code, kinda crapped out. Sat around for a bit, fired it back up and all was fine. Had the hood off yesterday so maybe a wire is pinched or something. Hopped on D in great shape and made my way back to port sydney without issue. 240 km. Only 2 pics today. 

05EFD55E-AF78-41BF-BBC8-CFEC1460167A.jpeg

6E20FEBD-8478-4D74-82A0-89A972A814BB.jpeg

• Like 4

Good report, Steve. Nice to get the lowdown.

We rode from penetang this morning @ 9am. C rail line over to waubashene was mint this morning. Too bad we couldn’t say the same for the rest of the 280km day trip. What a mess! 

Took C trail up to trail 15 & 14 and yes there’s still a floating bridge there that we crossed. Total disaster the whole way. Tons of slush through Baxter snow riders. Lots of little reroutes along the hydro lines. Got back onto C and went into Bala for lunch. Then took C101D into Gravenhurst. Then picked up D trail and 4/204 trail down into orillia. Just junk trails the entire way. Then rode the rail line back into penetang. ODSC club trails were flat which was a nice relief after riding junk all day. This general area of Ontario needs more snow! There’s more snow down south in the fields. Anyone looking to venture out tomorrow in these areas, you’ve been warned! Just stay home! 

I get it, they need more snow, but we didn’t see too many sledders out today, maybe they were all out yesterday and were hungover today, idk. But thought forsure the trails would’ve been in way better shape for the family day weekend. And yes, I do realize it’s Sunday. Took us almost 10hrs to do 280kms. 

8 hours ago, thetorches said:

In Apsley right now. Its 1:00 pm. Trails are awesome today. Left Fenelon and took 108 to the E to 107. 90% of trails are a 10. The other 10% are an 8-9

Beautiful day.

And I'm in Pembroke LOL

• Like 1

I did a run into the remote area of Keelor Lake using one of the 440 sleds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thetorches said:

Beautiful day.

The E107 from Apsley to County Rd 46 is probably my most favourite trails to ride. 
Was on it Friday and loved every minute of it. 

• Like 1

Did Muskoka/Brandy/Rosseau to Joe to Bass Lake for lunch then back down Joe across Rosseau to ice caves where 150 people were partying back down Rosseau/Brandy & Muskoka home-I stay off Muskoka trails on weekends!

Muskoka 1

can you show me how to get from Rosseau to joe 

i am located in Milford bay so i know muskoka up to Rosseau and to the top of Rosseau but i dont know joe very well

i only know how to get on at bass lake road house but i dont know where to exit at the top

29 minutes ago, DOM said:

Muskoka 1

can you show me how to get from Rosseau to joe 

i am located in Milford bay so i know muskoka up to Rosseau and to the top of Rosseau but i dont know joe very well

i only know how to get on at bass lake road house but i dont know where to exit at the top

U go into Macassa Pt. just S. of mouth of Joe River onto Halls Rd. across Peninsula Rd. onto Cumberland Bay on Joe head N.W. towards Foots Bay-Bass Lake on left!