Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

12 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Lets be honest, you would have to be on crack to buy a sled today.     

Prices are only going to fall on them from now until next season.    

Big question is who is lining up for Snowcheck offers?

15 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I'm shopping harder now than all winter..

Got room for  one more in the trailer..

• Like 3

I seen they're offering 3 years warranty now on spring order 25' Doo's and lynx's. 

• Like 2

I was talking to my dealer today and he said that the prices they are offering on trades are disgustingly low.    He just offered a guy $15K for his full load 24 MXZ850 XRS on trade with only 300kms on a new SXS and he is afraid that the guy is going to do the deal.    

I dont think we have hit the bottom for pricing yet.    Used trucks and RVs are in freefall today.    No reason that sleds are any better.   

• Like 3

Im keeping a eye on low mileage skidoo.600r 

• Like 1

My sled will probably qualify for a classic permit before I replace it lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Well my BRP lynx has been for sale for 7 weeks and has zero inquiries. Priced competitively too. So it's EVERYTHING!

... "it's a cat" ....

7 hours ago, scottyr said:

Just two bad winters in a row. If weather keeps going like this we have more concerning things to worry about then sled prices.  Wait and see what happens next year. Maybe in a few years ofsc won't exist 🤷🏽‍♂️. Permit sales are going to dry right up next year I think. 

The normal suspects will be buying next year(PERMITS) .winter will be back .good time to upgrade for decent price 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

OFSC is doomed. They need to follow the FCMQ model with more provincial funding.

It’s insurance and liability legislation that needs to change first, then funding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

OFSC is doomed. They need to follow the FCMQ model with more provincial funding.

We need snow to fall and stay in more of Ontario. Doug Ford couldn't give us 'buck a beer'. I doubt he can give us more snow. No point in the province spending money on organized sledding that involves southern Ontario. OFSC must revise its model to reflect the reality of 'climate change'. I am not yet convinced that we humans are responsible for the change, but I see the change. Sucks to be us! 

• Like 2

I havent used my ofsc pass once this year. Im ok with that.

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

What i've noticed quebec has going for it is the majority of trails themselves are used year around and thus are maintained year round. Lots and lots of forest access roads that are easy to groom and open early. They groom in the winter like a municipal roads department clears snow. Perhaps the OFSC, tourism Ontario, MTO and the MNR could look into what we already have in place and not used currently by the natural resource sector.  We've got the goods, we're just not using it and realizing the recreation tourism $$ potential. My 2 cents. 

• Like 5

Its apples and oranges, Ontario is not Quebec and can't be Quebec.

We have to deal with what Ontario has -and find better ways to deal with what Ontario has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Its apples and oranges, Ontario is not Quebec and can't be Quebec.

We have to deal with what Ontario has -and find better ways to deal with what Ontario has.

Yes and we don't get same weather as Quebec either. In a normal winter Ontario is nice. Hopefully winters return before everyone gives up on sledding here at home 🙏

13 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yes and we don't get same weather as Quebec either. In a normal winter Ontario is nice. Hopefully winters return before everyone gives up on sledding here at home 🙏

100% we need snow - and need it in areas not north of North Bay to make everything work.

OFSC can't control the weather 

• Like 2

Need a technilogical disruption in snowmaking to bring the cost and effort of it down.  It still get cold here lots.  Its finding a way to weather the swings that needs to happen.  Local ski hills are still open today.

35 minutes ago, signfan said:

Need a technilogical disruption in snowmaking to bring the cost and effort of it down.  It still get cold here lots.  Its finding a way to weather the swings that needs to happen.  Local ski hills are still open today.

It's very hard to make snow. Hailburton forest tried it years ago. Now they just push it from bush as needed they told me. 

3 hours ago, signfan said:

This year cannot be a good one for the ski resorts in the books - break even or a loss I would have to assume.

I do not see how the base on the hills is not going to survive the next few days/week.

29 minutes ago, stoney said:

This year cannot be a good one for the ski resorts in the books - break even or a loss I would have to assume.

I do not see how the base on the hills is not going to survive the next few days/week.

Loss

On 2/27/2024 at 2:41 PM, stoney said:

Only advantage they have is that man made snow is really dense. It takes allot longer to melt it.
Be nice if we had a way to make snow more dense too, so it would be harder to melt. 

Pretty sure I saw a cat dealer offering a 5 yr warranty. I believe it was rockland wheels.

never heard of a 5yr warranty on a sled before

I see a lot of people still asking silly prices. Some have been for sale since last spring. The guy with the Doo 850 turbo in Guelph has had it listed since the fall. Looks like it never turned the track.

But I've seen a couple dealers blowing out used. Tri-City Cycle listed a '22 Polaris 850 with 7500 kms for $9900 last week.