Weather

2 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Any trouble finding rooms? How big of a group?

Just my wife and I on this one . I had to move things around to get rooms 

• Thanks 1

Cochrane said they may close trails if rain hits hard,wtf feeling bad for all the business's that rely on the snow,its going to hit them hard 

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

Cochrane said they may close trails if rain hits hard,wtf feeling bad for all the business's that rely on the snow,its going to hit them hard 

Imagine trying to pay back those Trudeau issued loans too with no snow/customers!

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

The guy that owns JR's has been moving snow onto the trails with his JD loader and then Kenny has been pushing it around where it needs to be and packing it with the PB.

• Like 2

Kap just closed all their trails.    

• Sad 1

My Dad just saw a guy riding up the penetang harbour on his sled by himself pretty much at the mouth of the harbour. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

My Dad just saw a guy riding up the penetang harbour on his sled by himself pretty much at the mouth of the harbour. 

I haven't been to Penetang yet this winter - can't imagine there's enough ice to safely 'doo' what you're reporting. I recall talking to an OPP officer. Most ice related injuies (or worse) happen to locals. 'They' ""know" what's safe, what's not. Until they don't. I never forgot that explanation. We tourists stick to the lake's stake line, occasionally veering off  'looking for trouble' with a local. Be safe, folks.

• Like 1

I see Cochrane is now red  in Feb that is crazy ,just got my side by side back from a spring service ,the shop I take it to is usually wall to wall sleds ,they were servicing atvs and washing the floors to keep busy ,never seen this before as no one riding to require his services ,  this is snowballing real fast 

8 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I haven't been to Penetang yet this winter - can't imagine there's enough ice to safely 'doo' what you're reporting. I recall talking to an OPP officer. Most ice related injuies (or worse) happen to locals. 'They' ""know" what's safe, what's not. Until they don't. I never forgot that explanation. We tourists stick to the lake's stake line, occasionally veering off  'looking for trouble' with a local. Be safe, folks.

Lake Huron is wide open at Goderich. The only ice is what was pushed up on the beach. There is still 2 Algoma ships hauling salt to destinations between Detroit and Chicago.

I've seen way too many motorcycles in the Toronto area. Weird end Jan - early Feb.

Buddies posted from Quebec a week ago. Good conditions.  

..and thanks for the heads up re Lake Huron. Makes sense to keep shipping. 

Zero shoreline ice along Hamilton/Burlington beaches. Usually it’s all pushed up and fun to walk around on. Looks like summer with the sand.

14 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Zero shoreline ice along Hamilton/Burlington beaches. Usually it’s all pushed up and fun to walk around on. Looks like summer with the sand.

Yeah going to be a cooker summer. Lake should be nice and warm by may 24 weekend 😆. Maybe it be good for beer sales. 

• Haha 1

The big lake (Superior) and all the larger bays are open. Haviland bay, and Harmony beach area have very rotten looking ice. We just drove up from the Soo, to Dubreuilville. there are no snowbanks on 17 or 519. Very little snow in the bush, and what there is varies greatly mile to mile. towns are bare as well. Guys in Michigan are chasing walleye on the rivers in boats, wont be long and the Saginaw bay, Lake St. Clair will be ready for boats.   Ski  

10 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Speaking of northern businesses. Some of you may know the Tomiko Restaurant north of North Bay. They put out this Facebook message at the start of the week.

As we navigate the challenges of the upcoming weeks, we find ourselves in a position where we must reach out to you, our wonderful supporters, for assistance. The snowmobile season, upon which many small businesses in our area rely, is facing unprecedented delays, to the point where cancellation looms as a real possibility.
Like so many others, The Tomiko counts on the energy and activity of this season to sustain us throughout the year. Without it, we face an uncertain future. However, we refuse to go quietly into the night, and instead, we turn to our incredible community for help.
Whether you're a resident of Tilden Lake, a frequent vacationer in our beautiful region, or simply passing through, your support is invaluable to us. Throughout the month of February, the month of love, there are several ways you can show your support:
* Participate in our 50/50 draw, running from Tuesday, February 6th, to Tuesday, February 13th. The winner will be drawn and announced on Wednesday, February 14th, Valentine's Day.
* Take advantage of our extended hours, now open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm, with takeout available until 7 pm if you place your order before our closing time. On Sundays, we're open from 11 am to 4 pm, and we're closed on Mondays.
* Be on the lookout for special Friday and Saturday night dinner offerings, where two can dine and enjoy a memorable meal together.
* This Saturday, February 10th, indulge your sweet tooth with a delightful array of baked goods available for purchase at The Tomiko.
* Purchase a gift card for future visits and share the love with friends and family, spreading the joy of The Tomiko experience.
Your support during this challenging time means more to us than words can express. Together, with your unwavering support, we can emerge from this difficult time stronger than ever, ready to continue serving you and our community with the same warmth and dedication you've come to expect from The Tomiko. Thank you for being a part of our family and for standing by us when we need it most.

426216930_408723905003584_2551595002916453687_n.thumb.jpg.cb85428abc744643e309ce717198c25a.jpg
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The guy that owns JR's has been moving snow onto the trails with his JD loader and then Kenny has been pushing it around where it needs to be and packing it with the PB.

Jeff also club V.P and groomer coordinator! Great guy..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yeah going to be a cooker summer. Lake should be nice and warm by may 24 weekend 😆. Maybe it be good for beer sales. 

I would not ass_u_me that at all.

Typically a warm winter hangs on late, and a cool summer follows.

Now in our case here, we had a cool summer last year with a warm winter following it.

So it could go either way, just depends on when the trend breaks and swings the other way.

I predict that it will get cold, snow, snow will melt, then warm, then showers, then get really warm, followed by a gradual cooling off period and then cold with snow......................

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I predict that it will get cold, snow, snow will melt, then warm, then showers, then get really warm, followed by a gradual cooling off period and then cold with snow......................

Too bad Bell media fired news and weather people. You could have been THE GUY

• Haha 1

😢😢

IMG_2829.jpeg

22 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Lake Huron is wide open at Goderich. The only ice is what was pushed up on the beach. There is still 2 Algoma ships hauling salt to destinations between Detroit and Chicago.

So we can get back into lake effect again in the coming weeks with cold air from the north settling back in.  Bring it on.

• Like 3