Weather

50 minutes ago, 1049 said:

😢😢

IMG_2829.jpeg

That's warm - and not going to help!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I predict that it will get cold, snow, snow will melt, then warm, then showers, then get really warm, followed by a gradual cooling off period and then cold with snow......................

hqdefault.jpg.670fc792c39812c11de278e39622ab5d.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 1049 said:

😢😢

IMG_2829.jpeg

Nickelback?   😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Nickelback?   😂

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Nickelback?   😂

There's two types of people in the world..... people who admit they like Nickelback, and people who are liars ;)

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Too bad Bell media fired news and weather people. You could have been THE GUY

Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong side of the government handouts. So I wouldn't qualify,

4 hours ago, LuvMyViper said:

There's two types of people in the world..... people who admit they like Nickelback, and people who are liars ;)

Everyone has that one group or artist whom they listen to but wont admit it................................................

Fess UP!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Everyone has that one group or artist whom they listen to but wont admit it................................................

Fess UP!

And Swifties on the forum? 

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Fess UP!

True, but it ain’t Nickleshit

• Like 2

Trying to take advantage of this crap weather.  Ice fishing on Kennisis and some back trail sledding

20240210_103654.jpg

20240210_170751.jpg

20240210_170800.jpg

• Like 7

Nice and crisp this morning.

February 15th Snowstorm Update (

The system will approach from the west during late Thursday morning, initially impacting areas around Lake Huron before spreading eastward through the afternoon. Deep Southwestern Ontario, including Windsor, Chatham, and the Lake Erie shoreline, might start the day with mixed precipitation, including freezing rain, before transitioning to rain as temperatures rise.

By the afternoon, heavy snow will extend across Central Ontario and into the Golden Horseshoe. There remains some uncertainty regarding the extent of mixed precipitation to the north. Consequently, areas closer to the shoreline, such as Hamilton, Burlington, Brampton, and Toronto, may see some mixed precipitation which would reduce the snowfall totals here.

Central and Eastern Ontario will continue to experience snowfall into Thursday evening. The most challenging conditions are expected during the late afternoon and early evening when both wind and snowfall rates will be at the strongest.

The system is anticipated to gradually exit the province shortly after midnight. However, lake effect snow may develop off Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, with a particularly strong squall likely between Owen Sound and Kincardine overnight. Although expected to weaken by Friday morning, lake-effect snow may still linger throughout the day, especially in Huron, Wellington, Grey, and Bruce counties.

This system will also impact southern parts of Northeastern Ontario, with Elliot Lake, Sudbury, and North Bay set to receive 15 to 25cm of snow. The rest of Northeastern Ontario, including Sault Ste. Marie, Chapleau, Timmins, and Cochrane, can anticipate 5 to 15cm. Northwestern Ontario, including Thunder Bay, is expected to see less than 5cm of snow.

https://instantweatherinc.com/ontario/forecast/2024/2/14/snow?fbclid=IwAR0rfk9m-KadpH2BdmxOQP_qvMwodw1bYtw9MX5qjlLxY1Aym_HKLZLoaxQ

IW-SNOWFALL-SON-FEB-14.jpg

• Like 4

Better get at it while you can. Right behind it is warmer air, going to be 36 here in Michigan (directly west of your storm area) on Sunday, and 50 by Wednesday and long term forecast is 50-55, 10-14 days out with lots of overnights above freezing, and rain some days.

Not trying to be a dick, just letting you know to watch the long term, in case you think you have a week or two, or more to enjoy the riding, and are thinking about putting it off a bit. Make hay while the sun is shining. Good luck to all, get some riding in.

Me, Ima be in a walleye boat on the Saginaw Bay, or Saginaw river, for next week. Lots of big girls in the system right now. Ski   

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Been getting it pretty good since noon here in Orillia

Started here about an hour ago.

Lawn is covered.

Glad I picked the bike up yesterday and not today :)

• Like 1

3” in fergus today, still going lightly.

My dad got 6” up in penetanguishene. Supposedly still goin up there.

• Like 1

We got 3" in Mitchell and honestly, its just an annoyance now.     We arent going to get enough snow around here to get the trails opened back up this season and having to clean out my driveway is a PITA.     

I am more concerned with how much Northern Ontario and Quebec get over the next few days.  

• Like 2

5" maybe here in port. Enough to make a skating rink ring on the lake tomorrow. 8-9" of solid ice now. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

No snow in Huntsville. We got a covering but there really is no base anymore

In the bush theres a good solid frozen base. From what i seen yesterday the wash out/wet spots had froze up tight. The good logging road and cottage access road trails will be good if they get the groomers out on them. Enought snow to fill the drag. Here's hoping. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

No snow in Huntsville. We got a covering but there really is no base anymore

With the roads being bare - and revised lake access spots, hard to connect.

Tough season

• Like 1