Wow no Royal Dist

ecarnell

At our club meeting last night we talked about this a bit     the guys think there isn't enough inventory to stock the show and the stores    Apparently Factory Rec will be selling at the show but you take it home   They ship it to you  ????   That's what one guy said last night  

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Sksman said:

Royal has a instore only sale starting today.

10% off

plus no tax.  

Knowing Royal, they will exclude anything brands worth buying.

Just now, Domino said:

Knowing Royal, they will exclude anything brands worth buying.

Its not that they won't, they have to or they lose the brand. Thats one reason why they dont deal with CKX any longer - its called MAP.  I was there yesterday AM (Guelph) and picked up some KLIM mid layer stuff and new studs/backers for the incoming XCR. If you do the math, its a touch over 20% off when you combine the 2 reductions.

If you have something special in mind I'd phone first to see if the sale applies to it.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 9:15 AM, volunteer2 said:

At our club meeting last night we talked about this a bit     the guys think there isn't enough inventory to stock the show and the stores    Apparently Factory Rec will be selling at the show but you take it home   They ship it to you  ????   That's what one guy said last night  

The manager in the Guelph store informed my that they are supporting a FXR only booth this year, no reason why but likely low inventory levels.  Apparently, you can get a 15% off coupon to use in-store next week if you ask for one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Its not that they won't, they have to or they lose the brand. Thats one reason why they dont deal with CKX any longer - its called MAP.  I was there yesterday AM (Guelph) and picked up some KLIM mid layer stuff and new studs/backers for the incoming XCR. If you do the math, its a touch over 20% off when you combine the 2 reductions.

If you have something special in mind I'd phone first to see if the sale applies to it.

It really equates to the removal of competition in the marketplace,  Far too much of this in Canada these days.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Puggz said:

I thought they no longer can sell CKX because they were selling the products for  less than what the manufacture allowed, giving Royal the advantage over the other resellers - so Royal was removed as a reseller altogether?

Other then parts Royal has become like Canadian Tire.  Never buy anything for regular price unless you are desperate as the item will be on sale soon enough.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stoney said:

I thought they no longer can sell CKX because they were selling the products for  less than what the manufacture allowed, giving Royal the advantage over the other resellers - so Royal was removed as a reseller altogether?

You are correct Stoney.They had an argument with Kimpex which is the Ckx supplier.I think it was over the pricing of the all new Titan helmet a few years ago. What i heard was when the dust settled Kimpex quit using Royal as a dealer for all of their products .  

On 10/21/2022 at 11:49 AM, stoney said:

you both are right, MAP means: Manufacturer Advertised Price. sell below it, get your hands slapped. keep doing it in the open, lose your retailer agreement, and product. most online retailers work around this buy not advertising lower prices but, making you "add to cart, or check out" to get the best pricing. Ski  

Royal still has a presence at the show.

They were there

1 minute ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Stopped into the Barrie store on the way home on Saturday. Got new Baffin boots for 25% off. 

Im ok with that

My sister was in there saturday - got completely out fitted from head to toe - saved 10% plus the tax - it was worth it for her for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 11:49 AM, stoney said:

You are correct, they violated the MAP agreement.

4 hours ago, Puggz said:

You are correct, they violated the MAP agreement.

Ya, I saw that when Skidooboy posted above - I did not know the meaning of that abbreviation when I read your post and thought you were suggesting a different reason than what had happened :) !

Really short sighted of them when you think about it - so many other ways to offer discounts on MSRP items with fixed priced agreements and follow the rules.

KLIM is very sticky about their MAP policies on CURRENT year clothing as well.    Once its a year old, all bets are off though.   

9 hours ago, scottyr said:

KLIM is very sticky about their MAP policies on CURRENT year clothing as well.    Once its a year old, all bets are off though.   

As they all should be.

Everyone needs to be kept in check and accountable - regardless of your buying power, they have other dealers to respect. 

On 10/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, 04nightfire said:

Kehoe said Royal will be there this year with a predominantly FXR booth

They were at the show but all they had for gear was FXR.

• Like 1

Overall the show sucked. The manufacturers had very little in the way of sleds available. The vendors were much less. There was no deals to be had on gear. Outside of getting all the district maps for me it wasn't worth $25. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smokeater466 said:

They were at the show but all they had for gear was FXR.

I understood the FXR booth was where the Royal one usually is and it was manned only by FXR team members - no royal team member.

Seems to be conflicting info on that......not that it really matters in the grand scheme.

15 minutes ago, smokeater466 said:

Overall the show sucked. The manufacturers had very little in the way of sleds available. The vendors were much less. There was no deals to be had on gear. Outside of getting all the district maps for me it wasn't worth $25. 

Deals on gear were to be had at the Royal sale in there stores only that same weekend - no tax plus 5% off (20% discount) ..... lol.

Some of the booths apparently only brought items for sale to the show that were just demo's - you bought at the show and the items were shipped to you afterwards for free.

Really makes sense for larger outfits, means carry less inventory with you but still attend, speak with clients and still sell some of your stuff......as long as you know your sizes if it is clothes related purchase.

18 hours ago, stoney said:

I understood the FXR booth was where the Royal one usually is and it was manned only by FXR team members - no royal team member.

Seems to be conflicting info on that......not that it really matters in the grand scheme.

Deals on gear were to be had at the Royal sale in there stores only that same weekend - no tax plus 5% off (20% discount) ..... lol.

Some of the booths apparently only brought items for sale to the show that were just demo's - you bought at the show and the items were shipped to you afterwards for free.

Really makes sense for larger outfits, means carry less inventory with you but still attend, speak with clients and still sell some of your stuff......as long as you know your sizes if it is clothes related purchase.

10% plus save the tax.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:52 AM, Puggz said:

The manager in the Guelph store informed my that they are supporting a FXR only booth this year, no reason why but likely low inventory levels.  Apparently, you can get a 15% off coupon to use in-store next week if you ask for one.

Is the 15% coupon only for FXR products?

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is the 15% coupon only for FXR products?

No, is for everything except already reduced items.

7 hours ago, Puggz said:

No, is for everything except already reduced items.

Thanks for the info. and your response. I'm going to buy a track tomorrow but the one I want is not in stock at the store so I'll have to order it online from the warehouse which according to what you posted, a coupon wouldn't work for. Damn!