Online Permit Sales

Blake G

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received mine yesterday ...one step closer to riding ..  :)

use the information from the current sled and when the new one comes in call your district office and they can get it updated for you

I was in the same position as jrhz06 and Doo Dad...new 2016 sleds coming but not yet at the dealer, likely not until early November, so how do I order early permits online in October?  

I emailed the OFSC office to ask how this works, since I'm clearly not the only one with this dilemma.  I was told the same thing as 02Sled mentions above, based on their assumption that we still own our old sleds.  But that is NOT the case, as we've already sold both of our previous sleds to others, and I know at least one of them already has a new early trail permit registered against it.  The OFSC staffer didn't have any alternative/better suggestion, and simply advised that the sled information requirements on the online permit application are set by MTO, not OFSC.

So, I decided to try a different approach, based on some advice I had seen in another thread somewhere.  Where the online permit form asks for VIN and Plate No., I just put "Pending", and the orders went through just fine...I have received OFSC order confirmation and am awaiting shipping.  Once the new sleds are delivered in November, I'll go back in to "My Account" on the OFSC website and edit the information under "My Sleds" to add the VINs and plate nos., and will carry a copy of that revised sled permit information on the trail as proof.  

Because this issue (spring-ordered sleds not arriving until after the October early permit purchase period has expired) is apparently quite common, MTO (and OFSC) really need to re-think how this can be more readily addressed on their online application form.  There has to be a better way to avoid the subsequent need to "replace" the early-purchase permit (or to have to call the District office with the new sled information) in order that the early permit is properly registered against a new sled that was delivered after October but before the riding season begins. But that's JMHO.   

Got the call and picked up the new sled. Permits ordered. Hope the rest of you get your new sleds soon also.

Our two are being delivered to the sled show wahoo.

Congrats on the new sled arrival. Now all you need is snow

Thanks. Congrats on your two new sleds.

Got the call and picked up the new sled. Permits ordered. Hope the rest of you get your new sleds soon also.

Post a pic of your new sled when you get a chance.

If that works then that is what I will do as well.  There should be something in the system to accommodate this situation as it is certainly not rare.  Heard that last year putting in all "0" worked as well.  When buying this year the information magically appeared.  Would be good to get confirmation from MTO and OFSC on this.  At the club meeting tonight it was mentioned that they are getting sticky on having things line up

That would require some more significant software to actually execute a validation of the VIN. Not sure if there is an algorythm or they would need to access a database similar to the insurance compaanies when you give them a VIN

Congrats!!! See u Friday .

Just ordered permit. Can't wait.

My vin was 123456 and reg number 654321

Ordered mine Monday and it showed up today. 4 days damn, I really hope that isn't a sign that sales are down this year. THe permit number is in the 12,000s mind you so maybe they are just on the ball in Barrie this year.

I'm not sure about the black color however. I've got a tinted windshield so that's going to make the permit hard to see for OPP and trail patrol.

Ordered mine Monday and it showed up today. 4 days damn, I really hope that isn't a sign that sales are down this year. THe permit number is in the 12,000s mind you so maybe they are just on the ball in Barrie this year.

I'm not sure about the black color however. I've got a tinted windshield so that's going to make the permit hard to see for OPP and trail patrol.

Some OPP will always find something to complain about.

Fulfillment for the permits is done by a third party processor.

ordered ours today. Ski

Some OPP will always find something to complain about.

My whole sled is black. Guess in the pocket it goes lol.

If that works then that is what I will do as well.  There should be something in the system to accommodate this situation as it is certainly not rare.  Heard that last year putting in all "0" worked as well.  When buying this year the information magically appeared.  Would be good to get confirmation from MTO and OFSC on this.  At the club meeting tonight it was mentioned that they are getting sticky on having things line up

This is the same excuse you have used since 1972 for not buying a permit.!!!     

I think it has been about 10 years since you have darkened the doors of "Breaking Winds" at Kahshe.  Despite my screaming, "Please don't ever come back", it appears that the Indomitable MRS STG would welcome you.  But not Snowman.  Unless he brings more Export.   It all sounds complicated.  maybe we will sled together again one day ?????

Received my permits and good news today.  I received an email that the trail from Hearst to Longlac is likely o open.  Things are looking up!

My permits came today

13001 and 13002

Permit ordered tonight.

just ordered mine, was waiting in case the new sled arrived or I at least got a vin from the dealer, but no yet.  I just put TBD (to be determined) in the vin line and it processes fine.

I'll write it in when I get it.

My permits came today

13001 and 13002

Ditto for me on the 27th...permit #12248 and #16911, and they were ordered only a few days apart, about 7-8 days prior to that.  So the early-purchase deadline momentum must really be building. 

Archived