Online Permit Sales

Blake G

And provincially the numbers are up

Great news... any idea how much... mine are on the new sleds waiting for the snow.... :icon_snow:  :icon_snow:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Numbers up is good news even if it is at a cheaper price. We need more people buying permits.

I don't think a comparison to last year is a firm indicator as to where we might end up although I sure hope so as we are up 15+% at end of October online sales.

I think more sledders are becoming comfortable with the online system and seeing the value of the $7.50 surcharge having the Permit delivered promptly to your door and still saving $22.50 versus waiting until November.

Sure nice for the Clubs to get cash by mid-November and not have to do all that paperwork as well.

I don't think a comparison to last year is a firm indicator as to where we might end up although I sure hope so as we are up 15+% at end of October online sales.

I think more sledders are becoming comfortable with the online system and seeing the value of the $7.50 surcharge having the Permit delivered promptly to your door and still saving $22.50 versus waiting until November.

Sure nice for the Clubs to get cash by mid-November and not have to do all that paperwork as well.

A few people seemed perturbed at one point on the $7.50 charge but the reality is I can't start my truck and drive to pick up a permit for $7.50.

These are the same ones who would complain of the permit color if you gave them a free one

These are the same ones who would complain of the permit color if you gave them a free one

permit disappears on black windshields just another job for volenteers

For sure... you have to spend 7.50 to save 40 is it? Sounds like a solid investment to me.

Sounds like a government decision. I sure hope so because if it was an OFSC decision, the employee(s) that made it should be fired immediately IMHO>

For sure... you have to spend 7.50 to save 40 is it? Sounds like a solid investment to me.

Only beef I have with it, if you order two or more permits on same order you have to pay the fee each time. So it is a money grab after the first permit.

Only beef I have with it, if you order two or more permits on same order you have to pay the fee each time. So it is a money grab after the first permit.

Just pay and ride you cheapo!

Oh wait!!!

No whine please! Just sell a couple of more of those 4 legged chickens you race.

No whine please! Just sell a couple of more of those 4 legged chickens you race.

I have bought a permit since 1990. I just feel the extra handling charge shouldn't apply on multiple permits. Costs the same to ship them and a few seconds to package the second one. Rant over!

Credit card fees likely 2-3%, especially with reward-type cards, fee to fulfillment company to cover programming, MTO security BS, handling and profit.

If you bought 10 permits, would you expect they would do them all for the $7.50? Not likely.

Canada Post fees go up incrementally too as quantity increases.

I think it is a great deal for everyone involved.

same old crap every year, someone always bitchcen about how expensive the permit is. i love this sport and would probably be in even if they doubled the price

same old crap every year, someone always bitchcen about how expensive the permit is. i love this sport and would probably be in even if they doubled the price

X2

X2

And as normal, its the people who do absolutely no volunteering that complain the most.

The chrome 2016 and chrome square with permit info is very easy to see on a black windshield.

And as normal, its the people who do absolutely no volunteering that complain the most.

I did volunteer in the past. Went to 30 meetings on 3 different clubs over a span of 10 years. I have done more then most.

I did volunteer in the past. Went to 30 meetings on 3 different clubs over a span of 10 years. I have done more then most.

I've seen lots of people come to meetings  ......that doesn't put the trail up!!!

I've seen lots of people come to meetings  ......that doesn't put the trail up!!!

The line is getting thin..the voices louder..I might get banished shortly but it will be worth it..

I phased myself out of the meetings ,not a easy decion ,  15 or more people  at the meetings, set up a work day 3 show and 1 has to leave early For me it became frustrating , when a project could be completed in a few hours now becomes a 2 weekend chore .  

Archived