Online Permit Sales

Blake G

Impossible, that would mean actually volunteering and actually doing something constructive!

I did volunteer back in 2012. They told me they had to vote on it behind the scenes. I did attend all meetings that year, but decided not to return the next year, so never renewed my membership. New Dundee is a great club and I enjoyed that group of guys, 10 years ago. Thinking of going back and helping them once again, even though I barely ride that way.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clubhouse in D9 are a dying item. Can't afford to heat them, pretty tough to staff them. No money to be made. D5 , closer to the bigger centers can get a better turn out.

And honestly who wants to stay indoors on one of the those SIX weekends of good sledding that we normally have.

Very few Clubhouses up this way. Do you serve food and coffee, etc. it sounds like you are open on a set schedule, is that correct?

Is it intended to be a Club moneymaker?

It is a bit of a fundraiser for the club. We make enough to make a donation to the landowner that hosts our clubhouse on the back end of his farm. He usually directs the money into upgrades to his lane way getting back to the clubhouse. We serve burgers and hotdogs and hot drinks. Usually have videos for the kids on the tv. Generally it is a place to warm up. We rent a couple outhouses for the winter. We need bodies to keep it open but it is tough getting people that want to give up a riding day. It is locked up thru the week to keep people from damaging and stealing stuff.

Just got the pre Nov 1 sales #s reflecting the last 3 yrs and we seem to be up significaantly.

Glad that we had a cold spell early. My neighbour in the GTA recently said "looks like a mild winter" (he'll be okay). It's as if Toronto stops at Hwy 7. All we can do is reinforce the abundant snow conditions, when winter arrives. 

My grandkids live in New Dundee and both play hockey at the amazing Wilmot Recreation Centre.

I love that area, rolling hills and productive farms.

I may need to let my 96 Touring LT loose on

your trails for a weekend

Good luck to your Club this season.

New Dundee area has awesome trails. Some of the most scenic in whole area. Only problem is it takes a decent winter for the trails to be open and in good condition. I live close to the recreation centre. Maybe see you this winter.

My friday the 13th surprise........ Getting my supertrax and go snowmobiling mags and seeing Ned Nickerson on the front of it! I don't know about you but Im really getting annoyed at seeing him with all his new fancy sleds and snow gear prancing around getting a free ride for doing what??? writing about the MOST obvious snowmobiling tips!!!! or his great free trips everywhere. He's kinda like someone else on this forum...... Well anyways, Id actually would like to see Jeff Mcgirr get that position. He at least has over 300 vids on youtube of how too's, an fun vids to watch, as well he is a major contributor to the sport with his countless volunteer hours helping make our trails better etc. as well as the groomer guy! Both have done FAR more than that fruitcake has ever done. 

Sorry if Ned is your best friend etc but he has got to go! Am I wrong??

Not wrong. The only thing I like about the emd of snowmobile season is the end of the insipid snowmobiler. Now I hear his equally dumb insipid cottager comments on the radio I would take groomer guy over him any time. What he does is useful

I find Craig's articles useful and informative - - perhaps because I've been back into snowmobiling for only 4 years. As for Jeff, I believe he is a great supporter and advocate of the sport, though I do find that some of his videos miss the mark with me and seem to be targeted toward more adventurous and presumably younger riders. I know people who've met both writers and say good things about them. I also enjoy the contributions of Nutter, Doodette and the scores of forum contributors.

In my opinion I still have much to learn about buttertarts, animal antics (including mice, gorillas, 4 legged chickens), snowmobiles, trail conditions, and food.

I find Craig's articles useful and informative - - perhaps because I've been back into snowmobiling for only 4 years. As for Jeff, I believe he is a great supporter and advocate of the sport, though I do find that some of his videos miss the mark with me and seem to be targeted toward more adventurous and presumably younger riders. I know people who've met both writers and say good things about them. I also enjoy the contributions of Nutter, Doodette and the scores of forum contributors.

In my opinion I still have much to learn about buttertarts, animal antics (including mice, gorillas, 4 legged chickens), snowmobiles, trail conditions, and food.

My problem isn't so much with the articles as it is the radio spots which I have yet to get one useful piece of information from. The magazine articles I have a choice to skip those pages or read them. The 30 second radio spots are just annoying.

In regards to Ned; the snowmobile mag needs to update and adapt. For example Canadian Tire would have bearded guy for a couple of years to promote their products. So after a year or two he would become annoying and they would switch up to (I think he is referred as) Gary. Now Canadian Tire has good commercials again that I can watch. Gary will eventually move on and be replaced with someone else. Sounds like good marketing to me.

And all this time I figured YOU were our buttertart expert. Lol

And all this time I figured YOU were our buttertart expert. Lol

He is!!!! If I need to know where to get the best butter tarts I turn to Blake. Maybe he can have a number of radio spots this winter... the intrepid butter tart hunter. :D

Butter Tart Hunter lol......I like it

Butter Tart Hunter lol......I like it

Butter Tarter?  New nickname??

Blakes Great Butter Tarter Tour..

Blakes Great Butter Tarter Tour..

Sounds great! Hope that place in Orville is open mid week in the winter. Was closed when I went by a Thursday back in October. Awesome curvey road that highway is. Some idiot almost side swipped the trailer, since he was on my side of the road going around one of the bends.

Sounds great! Hope that place in Orville is open mid week in the winter. Was closed when I went by a Thursday back in October. Awesome curvey road that highway is. Some idiot almost side swipped the trailer, since he was on my side of the road going around one of the bends.

If you think that road is crooked now,you should have seen it back in the 60's.A straight truck had to use both sides of the road to GET around the corners.Take a ride from Orrville to Elmsdale and you will get a little taste of it.

If you think that road is crooked now,you should have seen it back in the 60's.A straight truck had to use both sides of the road to GET around the corners.Take a ride from Orrville to Elmsdale and you will get a little taste of it.

The heaves are real annoying even more so than the curves 

Archived