soupkids

How bad did the weather hurt your area ??

Yep.  This blows.   I still havent picked up my sled that I paid for in Dec.  I am going to Quebec the first week of Feb and I have a bad feeling that it will be its maiden voyage.  

No snow here yet, calling for 4cm. Have over one foot on the ground. As long as it does not rain, a couple of +3-4 days will not hurt anything but the roads. will need a 15 cm dump after the next warm up to see things opening up again in my area. I have no desire to ride right now, from what I have seen there are some nice traps out there. 2 feet of water under what appears to be all snow but is just a skim of ice being insulated by the snow. 

• Like 1

We have about 15 cm since last night. My wife just came from Port Perry and there was barely anything. Seems to just be along Lake Ontario.

Nothing in Carnarvon.

10 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Sorry, significant accumulation here in Scarberia. 

Why isn't it snowing out of the city?

i think its just lake effect snow .... depends on wind direction & strength 

about 15cm here in pickering 

Edited by chez-nous cest skidoo

All the snow is in the GTA were the trails are non-existent.   Who is organizing this stuff?  Oh yeah Mother Nature.

The temperature high this weekend is single digits but too much rain will be killer.    Have to stay positive folks.   

8 minutes ago, slowbutsure said:

All the snow is in the GTA were the trails are non-existent.   Who is organizing this stuff?  Oh yeah Mother Nature.

The temperature high this weekend is single digits but too much rain will be killer.    Have to stay positive folks.   

This is great. My brother inlaw ives in Toronto. Wonder how he is enjoying shoviling all this snow. He doesn't open a snowblower yet. With the way weather looks I don't want snow this week. Our base is gone anyway. 

Edited by Viperules700

On the topics of being ready.

My FIL and a friend trailered to Cochrane ahead of us and I get the phone call the my FIL forgot his helmet.

There is a Yamaha dealer across from Westway (GMAX) and Skidoo dealer nearby as well.  Easier to buy another helmet than ruin the trip.

Good luck.

Went for a ride down C from Mcdougall to Horseshoe lake yesterday afternoon.  Limited alright....  just enough loose snow on the trail for cooling, but many areas were rocks were showing.  Hard on the machine, was wishing i took the wife's machine out instead ;).    Lakes pretty well sheet of ice with a bit of dusting....Another full centimeter of snow this morning...where is the lake effect snow when we want it?!

6 hours ago, sledjunk said:

There is a Yamaha dealer across from Westway (GMAX) and Skidoo dealer nearby as well.  Easier to buy another helmet than ruin the trip.

Good luck.

I brought the helmet with me on my way up.

2 hours ago, snowman said:

Went for a ride down C from Mcdougall to Horseshoe lake yesterday afternoon.  Limited alright....  just enough loose snow on the trail for cooling, but many areas were rocks were showing.  Hard on the machine, was wishing i took the wife's machine out instead ;).    Lakes pretty well sheet of ice with a bit of dusting....Another full centimeter of snow this morning...where is the lake effect snow when we want it?!

Clubs did a great job preserving what was left after the thaw but trails are thin,hoping forecast is wrong for this coming weekend.