Weather

Forecast actually looks promising 

fingers crossed we actually get it 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Forecast actually looks promising 

fingers crossed we actually get it 

Toes too. lol.  I'd like atleast like to get the ol' sled out for a side road test. Weather network is calling for some snow but +3 and rain all Fri night into Sat. morning

On 1/7/2024 at 8:47 AM, wrightonalan said:

My parents use to say ,if you dont have anything good to say ,dont say anything lol

So did mine. Thats how we got wrapped into this mess by good be staying quiet while narcissistic said plenty and did all the damaged. No speaking out now is akin to consent. Time for silence and trust has unfortunately passed

• Like 1

Sleds are coming outa the backyard shed and thru the gate tomorrow, pretty much same time frame as always.

• Like 3

IMG_2801.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Just went for a crap. Same as last time snow first then rain for 6 to 8 hours now plus 3C Friday overnight.  🤬

You might as well sell the sled.

Polish up your lawn mower..

You aren't sledding with out trailering. 

It would likley help your blood pressure...

Unless a loop around your farm is what it's all about for you..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Just went for a crap. Same as last time snow first then rain for 6 to 8 hours now plus 3C Friday overnight.  🤬

Darn, that might spoil beating your 75 km. on private land in 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

But just north of us in Dist 9 they are calling for 10-15 cms Friday, 10 cms Saturday, 5-10 cms Sunday and 1 mm rain.

Hoping they get it all and more near the lakes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But just north of us in Dist 9 they are calling for 10-15 cms Friday, 10 cms Saturday, 5-10 cms Sunday and 1 mm rain.

Hoping they get it all and more near the lakes.

Calling for yes, so maybe 1/3 of that in reality after you take out the hype factor lol. At least its something!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

That was 275 ish km's 😆

Right

5 hours ago, 1049 said:

IMG_2801.jpeg

Nothing here to make me drive 7 - 10 hours for a teaser. I am a much more relaxed sledder since I accepted that the OFSC snowmobiling season is from the end of January until the middle of March, and mostly north (east) of 17. For current entertainment, I am buying a new street bike tomorrow. Same price as a sled and I get 7 months use out of it.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, tricky said:

Nothing here to make me drive 7 - 10 hours for a teaser. I am a much more relaxed sledder since I accepted that the OFSC snowmobiling season is from the end of January until the middle of March, and mostly north (east) of 17. For current entertainment, I am buying a new street bike tomorrow. Same price as a sled and I get 7 months use out of it.

Congrats Rick.    What are you buying?    

3 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Calling for yes, so maybe 1/3 of that in reality after you take out the hype factor lol. At least its something!

Are you and Strong Farmer related by chance....lol

I know, a realist!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

I know, a realist!

I hate weather, sure I love to see two feet of snow and for it to last a few months here. This sport starting to get very pathetic. One more year like this I just quiet and go to Florida for a few weeks. Then it can snow like a bastard and cancel my flight 😆

13 minutes ago, stoney said:

I know, a realist!

Yep realist! Did the snow amounts materialize 4 days ago? Absolutely not. Just going by TWN history of failure in reporting. 

40 minutes ago, tricky said:

Congrats on the new bike !! Im with you I’m definitely not driving that far for poor conditions I’m not planning on anything till February. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yep realist! Did the snow amounts materialize 4 days ago? Absolutely not. Just going by TWN history of failure in reporting. 

Ya know if there is a spot that did, those folks around there are tight lipped about it!

I would be too lol. Was gonna take the old 1990 Phazer out this afternoon but just not quite enough snow. Oh well. Another week or so. 

This storm is going to be the starter for lots of clubs!

Stamped it!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Congrats Rick.    What are you buying?    

Thanks , Scott. Non-current '23 Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro. Needed something lighter and a bit lower. Its been a long convoluted trip and somewhere along the way I lost 2" in height and most of my strength. I am almost afraid of what this sledding season is going to Doo to me.

• Like 4

⚠️ BLIZZARD RISK TONIGHT

📅 Friday, January 12, 2024

FULL FORECAST:

https://instantweatherinc.com/ontario/forecast/2024/1/11/snowstorm

We've received many inquiries about the expected start times for the upcoming blizzard in different regions.

Here's a region-based breakdown of the estimated timing. Please note that these are estimates, and actual start times may vary by a few hours. However, this should give you a general idea of when to expect the worst conditions.

The blizzard is expected to begin in Deep Southwestern Ontario in the late afternoon or early evening. Areas like Windsor, Chatham, and Sarnia will likely see conditions worsen between 5-7 PM.

Once the blizzard conditions arrive, they will last for one or two hours before gradually reducing in intensity with moderate snow continuing into Saturday. Although the wind will remain a concern throughout the night so expect some blowing snow.

As the heavy snow band moves northeast, it will reach the London, Kitchener, and Goderich area shortly after dinner. The GTA, Hamilton, and Niagara regions should brace for the blizzard around 8-9 PM. Note that some of these areas might have mixed precipitation, which could reduce the severity of the blizzard.

Later in the evening, Central Ontario, including Simcoe County, Kawartha, Peterborough, and Muskoka, will experience heavy snow and strong winds. This is expected to start between 9-10 PM in the south and around 11 PM in the northern areas.

Eastern Ontario, including Kingston and the Ottawa Valley, will likely see the blizzard start around 10 PM and around midnight, respectively.

Since it's not feasible to include every location in our graphic, we recommend using the closest listed location for guidance.

Stay safe! We'll continue to provide updates throughout today and the night.

- Brennen

FB_IMG_1705081475526.jpg