Yamaha to stop producing snowmobiles after 2025 season

LuvMyViper

On 8/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, crispy said:

GM  used to make some of their bumpers out of aluminum to save weight in the 70's/80's. Dissimilar metal corrosion sets in, nasty stuff. Give them Fords a bit of time and watch what happens

No issues in 6 years, how long should we wait?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zoso said:

No issues in 6 years, how long should we wait?

My 2015 hasn't been oiled.  Still holding strong 370,000 km in.  May look at doing that this year.  Used to be I wore the body out before the drivetrain.  Verdict is out on what will wear out first.  Pretty impressed so far.  Was a GM guy, but this ford is working out ok.  Just stupid fixes like you get with any of them.

38 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s a pretty young truck still. If you don’t krown them wiring will go I find. Then you have big issues sometimes. Every since I been using known no more issues with wiring or trailer connections either 😎

My bil has a 2018, mine is a 2021, I have used krown since new. Most likely keep it till it falls apart, as I do with most of my vehicles.

11 minutes ago, zoso said:

My bil has a 2018, mine is a 2021, I have used krown since new. Most likely keep it till it falls apart, as I do with most of my vehicles.

Stuff works as you know I still have a 2002 on road no body work yet. Still solid enough to pass a safety too. I keep everything until it falls apart pretty much too or transmission goes, knock on wood. 😎 been doing it every spring which seems to be best time for product and to grab extra discounts since krown always slow in April. They rinse salt off too for me with that salt rinse they have. 

• Like 1

You guys with the ' solid body ...no floorboard rot thanks to Krown ' remind me of Fred Flintstone and his awesome vehicle.

2013 Toyota, Tundra $275 K, no Krown, still good. Will do it this year tho. Thanks for the advice.

vWek8-1611067001-3367-blog-Flintstone-feet-main.jpg

Krown is a wonderful product. What sucks is the applicators. I still have my 99 GMC that has been rustproofed with Krown every year since new. Original Krown owner sold out and haven’t found a decent location to do a Krown job since. I am thoroughly disappointed in the retailers’ quality control. 

45 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

And now back to the topic at hand............

You got sumpthing new to add?

SRX’s are the best looking sled on snow.

prove me wrong 

4 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Krown is a wonderful product. What sucks is the applicators. I still have my 99 GMC that has been rustproofed with Krown every year since new. Original Krown owner sold out and haven’t found a decent location to do a Krown job since. I am thoroughly disappointed in the retailers’ quality control. 

Guy in Elmira Ontario is great. No issues with his work. He’s busy for a reason 😎

IMG_2149.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/1/2023 at 6:53 PM, Spiderman said:

SRX’s are the best looking sled on snow.

prove me wrong 

Agree.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, stoney said:

Yamaha sidewinders….

No, for me its just the SRX versions. They stand out from the crowd.

• Like 1

They are both real nice looking sleds. 
Do they both not come in the blue/white colour scheme?

How about the new colour scheme that is black/gold, both models have that?

Looking them up I see SRX Sidewinder noted as a model - not well rehearsed on Yamaha, so what’s the deal. 

49 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

SRXs only look delicious when blue/white combo. All black, red and white, and black and gold 🤮🤮🤮

SRXs should only be blue/white.   Anything else is just wrong.  

• Like 1

Spoken like true late 90's, early 2000's fans.

The SRX has been around for a loooooong time, and not in blue and white. I would imagine people from the 70's and 80's dont like the blue and white. so, you have that. LOL! Ski

• Haha 1

Cant beat the black and gold from the late 70s but im old school cool !

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Spoken like true late 90's, early 2000's fans.

The SRX has been around for a loooooong time, and not in blue and white. I would imagine people from the 70's and 80's dont like the blue and white. so, you have that. LOL! Ski

Yep, Black and Gold is #1 followed by Red/White then Blue/white. IMO.

• Like 2

My buddy has a 21 (?) red and white SRX and it pains me to say it looks awesome.   The all black one was pretty boring.  I know the black/gold is the retro look, I just don’t like it as much as the blue.