who snowchecked this spring

white dragon

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer hasn't even started yet and I am ready for winter. I got the ownerships in the mail for the two new sleds yesterday and although ours are still in the crates they sent me a picture of an identical sled to the two we have.

post-21351-0-41834600-1431092255_thumb.jpg

post-21351-0-30781500-1431092294_thumb.jpg

Ownerships! I hope you got insurance in the mail too!

nice sleds 02

X2 and a great price

Nice looking ride 02.

The ones I had sat on at the shows sure are comfortable.

Going to be a long summer wait for you lol

Summer hasn't even started yet and I am ready for winter. I got the ownerships in the mail for the two new sleds yesterday and although ours are still in the crates they sent me a picture of an identical sled to the two we have.

Best looking cats I've seen since the 71 King Cat

It's going to be a very long summer and it just started however the boat is getting dropped off for new canvas in the morning and then hitting the water Friday morning. It will do as a distraction for a few months.

It's going to be a very long summer and it just started however the boat is getting dropped off for new canvas in the morning and then hitting the water Friday morning. It will do as a distraction for a few months.

boating on georgian bay is the best 

Only thing is they keep moving the rocks so you really need to keep your eyes open.... damn water levels go up and down. What was safe a year ago may not be today. Good news seems the water levels are up this year though.

I kind of like the Trent as well....

Only thing is they keep moving the rocks so you really need to keep your eyes open.... damn water levels go up and down. What was safe a year ago may not be today. Good news seems the water levels are up this year though.

I kind of like the Trent as well....

The trent is cool lots of history . As for the rocks they can be avoided if you are careful

Because you repair out drives and sell props???

Awesome looking snowmobiles. The green skidframes add to the awesome lines of these sleds.

Get the medium windshield, perhaps with a mirror if Arctic Cat offers a built in mirror option. Also look into the OEM rear storage bag (fits nicely)  and be careful re fit of handlebar bag (too big and it covers the dials - try a few at the October show or at the dealer if you pick it up sooner, which I suspect you will).

I mention storage because you do a lot of trail patrol and tend to carry extra gear and maps ("guides").

I bought a new 2015 XF7000 LXR 137" at the end of March.  I got the last of the real Cat clutches.  I got my post delivery inspection done and found many things that could have ended in tears on the first ride.  Twisted off belt guard bolt, leaking anti-freeze, loose chain tensin adjustment, seat heater not plugged in.  Poor PDI by the dealer but now I have peace of mind fixing everything myself and done right..  I still have to change the rear axle to real wheels and add outside wheels for reliability and some mirrors inside the windshield.  Oh yah, and some license numbers.  The pictures are with the sled in touring trim with all bags and GPS.

I added a rad guard, 50 watt sump heater, 50 watt block heater, seat lock knob, shield receptacle, goggle/glove warming bag, tank bag, touring bag, and a real windshield.  As you can see, some of these things are really custom and I will get lots of questions this winter.

BP

post-22018-0-20510300-1432150290_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-48539800-1432150336_thumb.jpg

post-22018-0-69159600-1432150377_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-62293400-1432150423_thumb.jpg

post-22018-0-95653300-1432150452_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-48528000-1432150496_thumb.jpg

post-22018-0-07696200-1432150544_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-69658200-1432150569_thumb.jpg

post-22018-0-52785100-1432150610_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-15052700-1432150664_thumb.jpg

post-22018-0-45955600-1432150699_thumb.jpgpost-22018-0-50681300-1432150751_thumb.jpg

very nice big pussy

Nice ride..Congrats!!!

Very nice ride... what size is the windshield. I will be swapping out the stock windshield on my ZR 7000 and what you have looks to be what I am after.

The windshield is an acessory Arctic Cat 17" high part # 6639-344 for ZR, XF, M 7000 sleds.  It is pretty high and may not fit inside an enclosed clam trailer.  I need to heat up and bubble out my 06 double Toy Carrier.

I knew I would get questions.  BTW the rad guard is standard on a Yamaha Viper BUT it is available and cheaper from Cat.  Most dealers will know nothing about it.

BP

The windshield is an acessory Arctic Cat 17" high part # 6639-344 for ZR, XF, M 7000 sleds.  It is pretty high and may not fit inside an enclosed clam trailer.  I need to heat up and bubble out my 06 double Toy Carrier.

I knew I would get questions.  BTW the rad guard is standard on a Yamaha Viper BUT it is available and cheaper from Cat.  Most dealers will know nothing about it.

BP

Have a part # by chance?

Looks great BP.

BP

Thanks for the info. I don't pick the new sleds up until the October show at the International Centre and have been debating which windshield to swap the little one it comes with to. I was speaking to the dealer and he was talking about sizes in inches but unless you see it you don't really know. I am more concerned about being warm, especially for my wife than I am trying to look "cool" and end up being cold.

The one thing I will miss on the current sled is the adjustable windshield. A thumb screw on each side would allow you to change the angle raising and lowering the top edge of the windshield about 4 inches.

Archived