who snowchecked this spring

white dragon

Cover is 5706-894.

Wear pads are 6606-927  3 required down the center of the rad to keep the screen from vibrating on the core.  I don't know how effective they are.

BP

post-22018-0-42877700-1432222972_thumb.jpg

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cover is 5706-894.

Wear pads are 6606-927  3 required down the center of the rad to keep the screen from vibrating on the core.  I don't know how effective they are.

BP

attachicon.gifIMG_4302.JPG

Dumb question but why would this be necessary?

Cover is 5706-894.

BP

attachicon.gifIMG_4302.JPG

Much appreciated BP, Thx!

Dumb question but why would this be necessary?

The guard is need by those of us, who get roosted by those in front of us, who take off with a boner.  The big chunks entering  the hood louvers will strike the core at an angle, since the rad is layed down, and fold over the fins.  Only time will tell if it works.

My son got hit in the eye by a chunk this winter before he could get his shield closed.  His eye is all right.

BP

Big Pussy,

Your name was posted @ the Dinner Bell with a notation that you left a date square for Bbaker. Huge letters. BIG PUSSY LEFT A DATE SQUARE FOR BRIAN. They sure have a great sense of humour in the North Bay area.

No truth to the rumour that BBaker was seen shopping for a new larger belt.

:-P

Enjoy the new sled :right_on:

Debbie had a hard time understanding who the date square was from.  I had to spell it for her.

I thought there would be some laughs over that.

BP

• 2 weeks later...

seen st onge had 4 sleds (ski-doo's at that ) on open 4 bed trailer,even in summer sleds catch your eye & make you think how sweet they look even in off season.i don't think motorcycles,4 wheelers,boats or even vehicles are making the advancement sleds are making yr to yr...just bought older 90' 225 hp 6 cyl outboard...yikes,to think little twin 800 cc are making 160 hp worst possible conditions...can't wait for open trails again...

seen st onge had 4 sleds (ski-doo's at that ) on open 4 bed trailer,even in summer sleds catch your eye & make you think how sweet they look even in off season.i don't think motorcycles,4 wheelers,boats or even vehicles are making the advancement sleds are making yr to yr...just bought older 90' 225 hp 6 cyl outboard...yikes,to think little twin 800 cc are making 160 hp worst possible conditions...can't wait for open trails again...

huge difference in torque and longevity under constant load 

I was just settling into summer mode and starting to enjoy it. I now have this urge to put on a helmet and go sit on a sled going braap braap....

Catahas don't go braap braap...........

don't have the catahas yet

I finally got some mirrors worked out for the XF7000.  The proper Cat mirrors for this windshield are so wide, there is no way to get the sled in a conventional clam shell trailer or my Toy Carrier.  I ended up finding my old 2002 ZR mirrors that I used to have on my T-Cat that were also too wide and cut them up and mounted them to the INSIDE of the wide windshield.  The angle they are at should allow viewing down from the top of the handlebar and relecting out the bottom of the bar.  Time will tell how well they work but at least I'm legal in Quebec and they won't catch in the trailer and break the windshield going in and out.

post-22018-0-21388600-1433853264_thumb.jpg post-22018-0-65287700-1433853285_thumb.jpg

I also was dismayed to find the track was only clipped every second window.  Just how do extrovert drivers not destroy the drive bars without steel clips?  I don't understand how rubber can slide on plastic either.  Anyway I added 48 flat clips to the track.  Now it's fully clipped and should last like all my other tracks did.  It was time consuming but I think it's worth it.  I guess this is how the OEMs can get a cheaper track.

post-22018-0-31671400-1433854020_thumb.jpg post-22018-0-37378300-1433854036_thumb.jpg

BP

• 2 months later...

wow,almost forgot I ordered the hottest sled on snow for this season...probably have to take off & return at local airport with this rocket...

I finally got some mirrors worked out for the XF7000.  The proper Cat mirrors for this windshield are so wide, there is no way to get the sled in a conventional clam shell trailer or my Toy Carrier.  I ended up finding my old 2002 ZR mirrors that I used to have on my T-Cat that were also too wide and cut them up and mounted them to the INSIDE of the wide windshield.  The angle they are at should allow viewing down from the top of the handlebar and relecting out the bottom of the bar.  Time will tell how well they work but at least I'm legal in Quebec and they won't catch in the trailer and break the windshield going in and out.

attachicon.gifIMG_4353.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_4354.JPG

Is that windshield on your sled considered the large or the medium? I have two 2015 ZR7000's coming this fall and need to swap out the windshield. I am trying to determine which size I want. While I don't want to be cold I also don't want the windshield to look enormously out of proportion on the sled. The one that comes with the sleds apparently is tiny and would leave me cold.

I had mirrors on the inside of the windshield and found I was always having to lean out of the way in order to use the mirror since I got a great shot of my leg or arm in the mirror

wow,almost forgot I ordered the hottest sled on snow for this season...probably have to take off & return at local airport with this rocket...

2ND hottest...lol..Sorry buddy I couldn't resist.lololol

• 2 weeks later...

02Sled,

The windshield I got is the tallest accessory Arctic Cat 17" high part # 6639-344 for ZR, XF, M 7000 sleds.  It may be virtially the same as the Pantera.  You may want to try the accessory mid-unit.  From what I can tell it is the same shape as mine but does not have the last 3" of height.  It is considered 14" and is a little taller and wider than the OEM XLR 13" windshield.  It may have been better than the high one.  We shall see.  I don't need to look cool, but I don't want to be cold.  It is so wide, my hands may be OK without muffs.

As for the mirrors, I could not put anything outside the windshield or they would hit the side of the Toy Carrier.  The miirrors I modified were tried on my T-Cat but caught the trailer and broke the windshield.  That was a $100 lesson.  So I cut them up and mounted them inside.  No matter what mmirror I have used in the past, I always have to lift an elbow or lean over a little.  I guess that is the price to pay for living in the south where I can't ride from my home.

2ND hottest...lol..Sorry buddy I couldn't resist.lololol

settle it the usual way  ? :wavey:

settle it the usual way  ? :wavey:

For sure with a dart or two at the end...hahahahahahahaha

For sure with a dart or two at the end...hahahahahahahaha

leaves are falling...starting to think about sledding...again

leaves are falling...starting to think about sledding...again

Was at my dealer this afternoon after having lunch with Blake, They said scheduled production date for my sled is October 22, should see it around 1st week of November...

Was at my dealer this afternoon after having lunch with Blake, They said scheduled production date for my sled is October 22, should see it around 1st week of November...

I heard snow is coming real early this year so you are likely to miss the first two weeks of riding.

I heard snow is coming real early this year so you are likely to miss the first two weeks of riding.

lol...highly unlikely, picking up Karen's new sled Friday morning, come hell or high water if there is snow I will be riding....

lol...highly unlikely, picking up Karen's new sled Friday morning, come hell or high water if there is snow I will be riding....

What did you get for her... I hope you didn't foolishly get her a Poo as well :D

What did you get for her... I hope you didn't foolishly get her a Poo as well :D

We bought her a 2015 Adventure Demo, Anniversary edition with the IDD display. I will post Pics on Saturday, doing the trek up to Sudbury tonight and meeting up with Soupkids then off to Espanola in the morning to get it.

One day my friend you will see the light...lol

foolishly get her a Poo

Ouch........what's with the ..........lol

Archived