who snowchecked this spring

white dragon

Congratulations!  And I love the new sledding attire:lol:

Very happy for you. Seems Polaris is ahead of the curve. My neighbour just picked up his brand new Polaris as well. BTW, thought the same thing SJ. Seems Karen picked out her clothing wisely. A sea of red and black

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Rick bought a Polaris?

^^ Rick bought a Polaris?

Someone has to take over for "poor old larry" 

Happy trails!  That's a pic to savour (easy, Nunz) when it's -25 degrees in February.

Thanks guys.. Now she wants a new suit to match her sled.. Yikes yikes yikes..

I hear wildbill has great deals on suits, especially floater ones I see on their website.

Once she gets the new suit she'll want a new helmet, boots and gloves as well.... get ready.

bring her over always happy to see you guys 

Thanks Bill, I will be over to see you in the next week or so....

Nunz

Arctic Cat and Yamaha have expanded upon their partnership and will produce another hybrid snowmobile for the 2016 model year.

This time they are using a Yamaha chassis with an Arctic Cat engine.

Polaris and BRP have some catching up to do.

post-22473-0-84093500-1442269680_thumb.jpg

if we time it right we can go out for dinner 

Sounds great..Thanks Bill

Arctic Cat and Yamaha have expanded upon their partnership and will produce another hybrid snowmobile for the 2016 model year.

This time they are using a Yamaha chassis with an Arctic Cat engine.

Polaris and BRP have some catching up to do.

attachicon.gif$_27.jpg

looks like lily sitting on your sled...Polaris,polaris !!!!

Well just recieved an e-mail the new sled is in and we'll pick it up next Friday. Can't wait. New to Ski Doo from being a long time Yamaha guy but looking forward to the ride. Should be nice for Tess!

post-22413-0-04430600-1442600126_thumb.jpg

I think you will love it. congratulations.

Beautiful machine.

You will love the skidoo. Only thing I recommend is a good set of electric boot heaters for the passenger. Feet kind of stuck out and can get cold on longer days. The jack is there for boot heaters and electric face shield.

If you are out touring in feb, maybe join you and Tess for some two up touring.

New to Ski Doo from being a long time Yamaha guy

first thing don't be afraid to go into deep snow now,bumpy or twisty trails won't mean the end of your day or back.probably be able to give up steroids & the power lifting club too.but be ready to answer questions about your newly designed sled as i'm sure that hasn't come up about your yammie since '2003...ok i'm done

dave & tess

congrats on new sled,looks sweet...post pics when you get it home

WD has some valid points. I will be very interested to hear your comments about your new sled. I test rode a similar sled in March at "the cove marina" (2up 900ace). I enjoyed riding it. Large windshield with mirrors, comfortable seats, smooth acceleration, 3 engine modes (learner, Eco, sport). It would be hard for me to decide between the 2016 grand touring SE and a 2016 Yamaha venture with power steering. I have a 2008 venture so it's hard to compare. I think you made the right choice and will be very happy.

Congrats on your new sled...

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

It took Tess and I a year to pull the trigger and we did a lot of research during that time.

We did look extensively at the Yamaha but after Tess sitting on the 2016 Yamaha we came to a few conclusions. Tess being 98 pounds and 4'10" the width of the seat was to wide and made her hips uncomfortable. The reach to the handles was also to far and not comfortable.

We also took a run at the Pantera and was extremely close to a deal. Really liked the engine as it's the Yamaha but wasn't sold on the entire package for us.

Finally decided on the Grand Touring SE and as for a few extra dollars has everything we need. Loads of storage, 3 year warranty, heated seats for Tess, adjustable hand grips to get them up to her hands so she doesn't have to stretch and finally, the real kicker was the suspension and the passenger sitting location. Must admit though it is a sweat looking ride!

If you look at all three of these sleds and our 2011 Venture there is a significant difference in the passanger location above the rear suspension. Our 2011, Tess sat behind the hinge point as is the same with the new Venture and the Pantera she is slightly behind and above. On the Ski Doo she sits above or just in front. Hers the analogy. A school bus when you sit behind the back wheels you get whipped at every bump, fun for some but not for Tess. Yamaha. If you move the seat  to above or slightly behind the hinge point, similar but not as extreme. The Pantera. Now the Ski Doo Tess will sit over or in front of the hinge point and with the air ride suspension we have full adjustability to make her ride smooth as possible with little to no whipping. Real smooth. That's what I wanted.

Happy, Warm Comfortable Wife, Happy Life, Ride!

After 31 years married, 35 with the wind chill, I wanted to be sure she would continue to enjoy the ride.

Hope this sheds some light on things.

Will post pictures when we get her home.

Smart man.

WD has some valid points. I will be very interested to hear your comments about your new sled. I test rode a similar sled in March at "the cove marina" (2up 900ace). I enjoyed riding

it. Large windshield with mirrors, comfortable

seats, smooth acceleration, 3 engine modes

(learner, Eco, sport). It would be hard for me to

decide between the 2016 grand touring SE and

a 2016 Yamaha venture with power steering. I

have a 2008 venture so it's hard to compare. I

think you made the right choice and will be very

happy.

SE only comes in a 1200! Can't even get it in an etec. That air suspension is awesome. You won't miss the yamaha one bit. You won't feel the bumps at all. Kind of like being on a ship rock and roll over the bumps, Tess could fall asleep on you! Let me know how you like the heated seats!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

It took Tess and I a year to pull the trigger and we did a lot of research during that time.

We did look extensively at the Yamaha but after Tess sitting on the 2016 Yamaha we came to a

few conclusions. Tess being 98 pounds and

4'10" the width of the seat was to wide and

made her hips uncomfortable. The reach to the

handles was also to far and not comfortable.

We also took a run at the Pantera and was

extremely close to a deal. Really liked the

engine as it's the Yamaha but wasn't sold on the

entire package for us.

Finally decided on the Grand Touring SE and as for a few extra dollars has everything we need. Loads of storage, 3 year warranty, heated seats

for Tess, adjustable hand grips to get them up to

her hands so she doesn't have to stretch and

finally, the real kicker was the suspension and

the passenger sitting location. Must admit though

it is a sweat looking ride!

If you look at all three of these sleds and our 2011 Venture there is a significant difference in

the passanger location above the rear

suspension. Our 2011, Tess sat behind the

hinge point as is the same with the new Venture

and the Pantera she is slightly behind and

above. On the Ski Doo she sits above or just in

front. Hers the analogy. A school bus when you

sit behind the back wheels you get whipped at

every bump, fun for some but not for Tess.

Yamaha. If you move the seat to above or

slightly behind the hinge point, similar but not as

extreme. The Pantera. Now the Ski Doo Tess

will sit over or in front of the hinge point and

with the air ride suspension we have full

adjustability to make her ride smooth as possible

with little to no whipping. Real smooth. That's

what I wanted.

Happy, Warm Comfortable Wife, Happy Life, Ride!

After 31 years married, 35 with the wind chill, I wanted to be sure she would continue to enjoy the ride.

Hope this sheds some light on things.

Will post pictures when we get her home.

Get her heated insoles for Xmas for her boots. Passenger feet on the skidoo gets cold quick, because of no engine heat and no protection (driver has foot wheels and engine heat to keep

feet warm). I bought a set that plugs into the bottom jack. Where 90 bucks or so. Enjoy the sled!

Archived