2025 predictions

Sledguy74

I dont like the price but wow i love the colour scheme! Sweet looking ride! 

IMG_8602.jpeg

28 minutes ago, crispy said:

New front end on the doos looks promising

Not if you are used to doing your own wrenching.

28 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Why is that?

I have not really investigated what is "new" about it, so not sure what all is different.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Huh?

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Why is that?

I have not really investigated what is "new" about it, so not sure what all is different.

I just find that as the engine compartment get smaller and smaller that even changing spark plugs is becoming a big job. I read early this week on QR that a group pulled one to the nearest dealer to have fouled plugs swapped.

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I just find that as the engine compartment get smaller and smaller that even changing spark plugs is becoming a big job. I read early this week on QR that a group pulled one to the nearest dealer to have fouled plugs swapped.

Oh, working on anything at the top of the 900 is just silly, plugs, injectors, etc.....way too tight, the rest is not that bad.

Not sure about the 2-strokes, I imagine with a twin vs. tripple, there is more room, but the 2-strokes are not as wide either for that reason, so the space shrinks from side to side.

53 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yep.   Changing plugs on an 850 ETEC is a PITA, but they very rarely foul and if they do its generally on sleds that are 3+ years old and on the original plugs.    My dealer recommends doing them after the 2nd season.     

The plugs are pretty easy to do if you pull off the secondary clutch so you have more access.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Yep.   Changing plugs on an 850 ETEC is a PITA, but they very rarely foul and if they do its generally on sleds that are 3+ years old and on the original plugs.    My dealer recommends doing them after the 2nd season.     

The plugs are pretty easy to do if you pull off the secondary clutch so you have more access.   

My old Yammie is a PIA as well. Have to loosen some panel off to get the airbox off so you can get at the plugs and then they still aren't plesent to get out or in.

2025 Polaris launch march 4th 

for those upgrading after

this winter 

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Good for 10,000 km's or 3 years for sure. Never fouled one on my etec either. Changed about 8,000 kms, since it was close to 5 years old. I was told to always let them run up to temperature and let them shut off on thier own. Quick starts and stops can screw them up for sure. 
your selling yours again anyways 😎. Next 

Aint nothing easy to service anymore. Its all jammed in there by a computer program designed to defrag the entire machine and stack like Unix. Tight tight tight! Now wheres that blue meth?...

In all seriousness the improved roll center and front end tweaks on the 25 doos is looking promising.

I'm not very impressed with the 2025 release.  4 strokes get a new brake.  Expedition gets new paint.  The electric offerings were extended to the Expedition, but with no driveline improvements.which make the offering useless to 99% of the market.  Nothing else.  There is very little in this release for anyone, but the 2 stroke crowd.

• Like 1

First time in 5 years the sales rep from dealer contacted me, guess they're scrounging for orders this year.

For fun priced a 850 Turbo with Smart Shocks, $28,500 MSRP.....yeah, not going to happen, especially with trade in/used values so low

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

LOL geometry is not lawsuit worthy whatsoever. Theres nothing intellectually unique in it. Influenced by other successful geometric designs? Absolutely. Just like the rest. Cat took the double A-arm and single slider both from Alouette which had that tech in the 70's. The swing arm fronts came from F1 racers in the 70's who first? No clue. Rave valves? Cough power valves you get the idea The Rider forward rev etc etc etc. It has to be blatant to have a chance in court.

Take the blinking wipers from Ford for instance. Or Robertson screws etc. Blatant, which is why they held up.

• 2 weeks later...

For fun built a Boost Indy VR1 137 Dynamix Package 2 and it comes to $30,328 😲

also noticed the heated seat option is $744 now, 

other than the dynamix shock system I didn’t notice too much new 

nice looking line up, 

• Like 1

Predictions??? How about an observation..... Anyone snow checking a 2025, is either, to quote my buddy Woodzi, f**ked in the head or, has waaay too much money. Observation is based on a two month season max, and hundreds of great new and used '23 and '24 sleds available. Off season toys are good for 6-8 months of the year, and in some cases, are less expensive than a new sled. WTF?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I rode my sons 550 Sport a little the day we got out.

It is light, has decent jam, and if you are a good rider, riding Muskoka trails, ( not Quebec and up north), it will keep up with anyone.

what I loved about it most was no temp gauge and scratchers non sense. Gas, oil, and go.

You can still have a lot of fun w/o spending 25k plus on a stupid snowmobile.

i have never not had a sled, 25+ is the end for me.

• Like 7

My buddy is looking at a sxs ,I always thought they way over priced.But at 23 plus tax and can use almost all year,compaired to sled at 25 grand for a couple of weekends ??

• Like 1

Just now, wrightonalan said:

My buddy is looking at a sxs ,I always thought they way over priced.But at 23 plus tax and can use almost all year,compaired to sled at 25 grand for a couple of weekends ??

Yup, once sleds crept past the 20k mark - you lost a lot of people.

The crunch for spare cash for a lot of people now is real - new payroll taxes, carbon taxes, inflation etc. - is eating into discretionary income.

At 20k plus for a sled - that unless you trailered far this season- was essentially un-useable - you're into a small demographic of diehards. 

$ and weather will be the death of sledding as you knew it

The system alone can't sustain itself on those diehards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrightonalan said:

Funny how perspective does weird things....

Similar thoughts here, but now, not so much.

• Like 1