2025 predictions

Sledguy74

13 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Sorry.     The STORM is not a high point in Polaris history.    

Xtra Light Turbo would make more sense.     

Agreed 💯

My dad never had issues with his 95 Storm 800 but i heard many did, wish we had kept it and the XCR 800 triple 

The Fusion 900 was a low point for sure i heard the 600s were good , never had the chance to try either 

One of my riding buddies blew the bottom case apart on an almost new Storm in 1998. Leaving Hearst heading to Cochrane one morning and just got on the first freeway stretch. I was following him and he wasn't up to cruising speed yet when a big cloud of grey smoke came out of the bottom of the sled. Towed it back to the dealer in Hearst where last rites were performed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scottyr said:

Sorry.     The STORM is not a high point in Polaris history.    Probably the only thing worse would be to call it a Fusion.    LOL 

Xtra Light Turbo would make more sense.     

I was thinking the same. I got offered a Storm for cheap back in '99. I was told it was "all sorted out". 

3 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

My dad never had issues with his 95 Storm 800 but i heard many did, wish we had kept it and the XCR 800 triple 

The Fusion 900 was a low point for sure i heard the 600s were good , never had the chance to try either 

The 600's didn't have motor issues like the 900's. They were decent. There were still quality issues with all the Fusions.

Every time you had your Fusion in to the dealer and they did a recall repair, the dealer would add a sticker to the airbox so others would know what had been done. My 900 had 13 stickers after 2 years......😁

I believe I took it back to the dealer 7-8 times during those 2 years and I had to tow it off the trail twice. The dealers weren't a lot of help because these things were all over their service bays with very few answers from Polaris. Mechanics taking apart sleds they'd never seen before.

One of the recalls was to put a zip tie on the main wiring harness connector because in one of the previous recalls the mechanics had to disconnect and reconnect that plug but the problem was the little keeper latch that held the 2 halves together would break and then the plugs would come apart later. That was how I ended up with a sled that shut off and would not restart on the Sequin. I got towed into Sprucedale on a strap. A local with a trailer took my sled and myself back to Oxtongue Lake where I was staying and helped me load it on my trailer.

Its funny now but it was not so much then.😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The 600's didn't have motor issues like the 900's. They were decent. There were still quality issues with all the Fusions.

Every time you had your Fusion in to the dealer and they did a recall repair, the dealer would add a sticker to the airbox so others would know what had been done. My 900 had 13 stickers after 2 years......😁

I believe I took it back to the dealer 7-8 times during those 2 years and I had to tow it off the trail twice. The dealers weren't a lot of help because these things were all over their service bays with very few answers from Polaris. Mechanics taking apart sleds they'd never seen before.

One of the recalls was to put a zip tie on the main wiring harness connector because in one of the previous recalls the mechanics had to disconnect and reconnect that plug but the problem was the little keeper latch that held the 2 halves together would break and then the plugs would come apart later. That was how I ended up with a sled that shut off and would not restart on the Sequin. I got towed into Sprucedale on a strap. A local with a trailer took my sled and myself back to Oxtongue Lake where I was staying and helped me load it on my trailer.

Wow I see why you aren't a Polaris guy now. 😆

10 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

One of my riding buddies blew the bottom case apart on an almost new Storm in 1998. Leaving Hearst heading to Cochrane one morning and just got on the first freeway stretch. I was following him and he wasn't up to cruising speed yet when a big cloud of grey smoke came out of the bottom of the sled. Towed it back to the dealer in Hearst where last rites were performed.

Eeekeee. 
I have no experience with Polaris triples. Only tripple I ever owned was that 2003 Yamaha viper. Good engine, good handling sled. Ride was terrible for it's time. 
Mach z we had trouble with engines. My friend blew his up twice. Then he got a Mach 1  700 late 99's model no issues with that one. 
I have been eying some classic to purchase and maybe there is a reason you can't find many storms 😆, especially in wedge chassis. 
I came across a nice 1993 xlt special with 2300 original miles. The guy has owned it since 1994. Thinking of going and getting it for fun. Looks mint for year.,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The winter of 04/05 I was almost going to buy a 900 Fusion from Edge up the road.....ended up with an F7 from Dryland instead, later was I ever happy I went with the Cat, sled was flawless and fun. 

• Like 1

The Storms were not that bad - and the original 747 ( 1993 only ) was actually pretty good.

My 2000 XCR 800 was an incredible sled/motor.

3 sleds I should have kept and regret not doing so

1996 Ultra 680 - once I put the SLP triple pipes and Erlandson clutch kit etc. on, it was one of the most fun sleds to ride - it was so fast in the trails

2000 XCR 800 - just a great engine and sled - loved it

2004 Pro-X 600 - it had low mileage -handled amazing - I almost kept it to have a Carls Cycle 660 kit put in it and should have

Polaris are doing great things.

Cat are doing great things

There are a lot of great sleds out there to choose from - we're lucky- but the pricing is killing the sport

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

The Storms were not that bad - and the original 747 ( 1993 only ) was actually pretty good.

1996 Ultra 680 - once I put the SLP triple pipes and Erlandson clutch kit etc. on, it was one of the most fun sleds to ride - it was so fast in the trails

2004 Pro-X 600 - it had low mileage -handled amazing - I almost kept it to have a Carls Cycle 660 kit put in it and should have

There are a lot of great sleds out there to choose from - we're lucky- but the pricing is killing the sport

I wish I had kept my 1994 Polaris xcr 440. It had 14,000 miles though. 
Those Polaris ultra with xtra 12 was pretty nice too. 
Weather killing sport now. Seen so many nice used ones come up for sale lately too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stoney said:

The winter of 04/05 I was almost going to buy a 900 Fusion from Edge up the road.....ended up with an F7 from Dryland instead, later was I ever happy I went with the Cat, sled was flawless and fun. 

I was debating between the Fusion 900 and the Skidoo 1000. I built a pool for the Polaris dealer that summer so that sealed the deal.

I potentially would have lost either way. I traded it in on an '07 Switchback 600 EFI after 2 seasons. I paid $11400 for the 900, They gave me $5500 trade in against $11000 for the 600. The dealer sold it through auction for $3500. The crank seal was out of it behind the primary and the motor mounts were broke again. The reflectors in the headlights were rattling around in the lens, the adjustable steering post was sloppy and the tail light didn't work. What a POS.....lol  All of us got screwed on that sled.

I remember they still had 900's sitting in the crates in 2008 and they were selling them for $3999.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was debating between the Fusion 900 and the Skidoo 1000. I built a pool for the Polaris dealer that summer so that sealed the deal.

I potentially would have lost either way. I traded it in on an '07 Switchback 600 EFI after 2 seasons. I paid $11400 for the 900, They gave me $5500 trade in against $11000 for the 600. The dealer sold it through auction for $3500. The crank seal was out of it behind the primary and the motor mounts were broke again. The reflectors in the headlights were rattling around in the lens, the adjustable steering post was sloppy and the tail light didn't work. What a POS.....lol  All of us got screwed on that sled.

I remember they still had 900's sitting in the crates in 2008 and they were selling them for $3999.

They had 600's too. Bought a 600 cc iq for my dad. Too good of a deal to pass up. No issue with that one. My uncle still has it today with just under 15,000 km's on odometer. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That’s a lot of recalls lol

5 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

They had 600's too. Bought a 600 cc iq for my dad. Too good of a deal to pass up. No issue with that one. My uncle still has it today with just under 15,000 km's on odometer. 

The 600's, especially the carb version, were good running dependable motors. Polaris was slashing prices to win back buyers because the Fusion name had tainted everything.

They also had those 755's or what ever they were.

And the '05 and '06 900's were different designs.

The '07 IQ sleds were nothing more than the Fusion chassis with the mountain hood.

I'm sure Polaris would like to remove 2005-2009 from most sled buyer's memories.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spiderman said:

My dad had a 2000 XCR 800 and it was a great sled and yes we wished we had kept it too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The 600's, especially the carb version, were good running dependable motors. Polaris was slashing prices to win back buyers because the Fusion name had tainted everything.

The '07 IQ sleds were nothing more than the Fusion chassis with the mountain hood.

I'm sure Polaris would like to remove 2005-2009 from most sled buyer's memories.

Yeah it was an 07, carb iq. Fun sled to ride for most part. It was a little tippy. Didn't realize it was still fushion with mountain hood. My dad rode Polaris since 60's. His first skidoo was a 2017 grand touring that he enjoyed for 3 years before he died. He didn't like look and design of rush sleds at the time. 

1 minute ago, Sledguy74 said:

My dad had a 2000 XCR 800 and it was a great sled and yes we wished we had kept it too

They are nice. Fast sled and realible. Seen few not in real great shape. That 2000 seems to be rare to find. First year of new round design. 

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Eeekeee. 
I have no experience with Polaris triples. Only tripple I ever owned was that 2003 Yamaha viper. Good engine, good handling sled. Ride was terrible for it's time. 
Mach z we had trouble with engines. My friend blew his up twice. Then he got a Mach 1  700 late 99's model no issues with that one. 
I have been eying some classic to purchase and maybe there is a reason you can't find many storms 😆, especially in wedge chassis. 
I came across a nice 1993 xlt special with 2300 original miles. The guy has owned it since 1994. Thinking of going and getting it for fun. Looks mint for year.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRr2uJrfNhA

this guy has quite the Doo collection 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I had the 07 IQ 600.

I put over 5000 100% trouble free miles on it.

It was also a very good sled

• Like 1

I still have a 2010 600 in.

It's giving me fits right now !!

51 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I had the 07 IQ 600.

I put over 5000 100% trouble free miles on it.

It was also a very good sled

My '07 Switchback had the 600 EFI. It was great until year 3 and the 2 injectors in the bottom end crapped out. I was without the sled for all of February but I did get warranty as the sled came with a 3 year standard (another Fusion inspired buying incentive no doubt).

I sold it in 2010 with 11000 kms on it for $4700.

2007 was the first year for the Polaris 700 which was just the bored out 600 block. I don't remember those being as reliable as the 600's.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You sink that one? 

Nope , that was my 17 I sunk, traded it for my 18 800

Safe to predict a sales slump for 2025 ? 
Yamaha business development group are high diving each other right now lol

• Like 5