Weather

1" in the Sault Overnight. 

data-1.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

If the wind picks up with this heavy snow, it'll start bringing trees down. Calling for squalls today and tomorrow! Almost time for the honda blower💪

IMG_8333.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Over half gone now. 

Good base when it freezes up 

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

If the wind picks up with this heavy snow, it'll start bringing trees down. Calling for squalls today and tomorrow! Almost time for the honda blower💪

IMG_8333.jpeg

So gotta ask, is that to blow snow off trailer or the driveway…lol

I was thinking about the downed trees last night with the wind, snow and than mild temps….bad recipe!

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Over half gone now. 

Too bad. We are good here. 3 hours to clean driveway and walks last night. I'm told the groomer up here is going to give packing a try today and will  see how it goes. Hopefully I'll have to get the gates across the road opened up for him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

IMG_8333.jpeg

Great snow machine in the sky has the cruise set at "100" in these parts for the week now!

• Like 4

Got about 6" in Northern Haliburton.  

20240113_094456.jpg

20240113_094110.jpg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Too bad. We are good here. 3 hours to clean driveway and walks last night. I'm told the groomer up here is going to give packing a try today and will  see how it goes. Hopefully I'll have to get the gates across the road opened up for him.

great news ,thanks for posting ,starting to get excited 

Still snowing in Haliburton.   Nice to get out for a ride.  

20240113_131045.jpg

20240113_124928.jpg

20240113_124055.jpg

• Like 11

I would say we have 30-40cm on the ground here in sudbury now.

Groomers are on the move.

Should see some colour next week.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Moved some snow in my yard today.  Pushed out into the field.  Fields are really wet, and no frost in it.

• Sad 1

could be interesting 

Screenshot_20240113-170602.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

Moved some snow in my yard today.  Pushed out into the field.  Fields are really wet, and no frost in it.

Hoping that if he gets it packed down with these cold temps we are to get this week it might tighten up.

• Like 2

Not much snow in the forecast for Algoma, but maybe it can get tightened up a bit this week?

Interesting - their 3 day cold snap is 3 days behind us.

???

Groomer just rolled through our place. He will have at least one pass on 90% of his assigned trails by midnight. A goood days work.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dave K said:

Pushed it. I used big blue. 8 foot wide Lucknow so blower from 80's. It is one tough blower. There was water under snow too. It took all horsepower I had to blow drive way clesn. No way I could have done it all with loader in same amount of time. Took me 4 hours to blow it all off and that includes about 30 mins lost due to a broken augar shear pin too. 

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Groomer just rolled through our place. He will have at least one pass on 90% of his assigned trails by midnight. A goood days work.

Nice no fighting over keys this time eh! Threat of you taking spare keys and handing them over to Moi, got them motivated like a child in a candy store. Giddy up get her done, let's ride 😎
Big improvement over last year. Tell them thank-you and I look forward to riding it. 

Finally getting some snow around Owen Sound area. About 6", most in the last couple hours. Calling for more over the next couple days. Weather network says under cm per hour for the most part. We'll see. The squalls can dump fast. Talking to a few folks this morning and they tell me the ground is still very soft. There was talk of being able to get staking done. Some sensitive crop area's have yet to be accessible. 

looking a little more like muskoka this morn 

PXL_20240114_141920384.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Got a dusting overnight in Parry Sound

Parry sound district has been getting screwed for years it’s seems. 
Port Sydney is not that far away really, wonder where the snow line is. 

15 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

looking a little more like muskoka this morn 

PXL_20240114_141920384.RAW-01.COVER.jpg