2022/2023 Sledding Plans, Pictures, etc…

stoney

4 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

We spend 3 nights at Mekoos last week.

$190.00 pp breakfast and dinner

Believe Rabaska is $179.00 pp now

Gets expensive especially if travelling as a couple. 

I think it was around 600’ish each that we paid for a cabin that slept 4 of us for a week at Rabaska back in 2020 I think. 
I don’t think that included meals, but cannot recall right now. 

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Gees, you guys are making me think i should have a look at my sleds or something......lol

Yes, you should have and getting ready to roll….truck, trailer and sleds. 
All I see is posting sled stuff for sale…..lol

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Yes, you should have and getting ready to roll….truck, trailer and sleds. 
All I see is posting sled stuff for sale…..lol 

Hard to think sledding when the grass is green. 
The sleds are ready, although they have been sitting for 3 months now. Permits are still on my desk. I’m not interested in travelling more than 2 hours to ride so I still have time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hard to think sledding when the grass is green. 
The sleds are ready, although they have been sitting for 3 months now. Permits are still on my desk. I’m not interested in travelling more than 2 hours to ride so I still have time.

It is hard to get into the spirit when at home winter has not really shown up.....even if there is nothing to ride near me, at least some snow out the window is encouraging.

I just got out for a ride the other day and it is surprising what a difference it makes in my enthusiasm / interests after you get out and put some actual miles on.

Still do not like the driving to ride though - my threshold is around 2.5, unless it is a trip, than totally different ballgame.

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

It is hard to get into the spirit when at home winter has not really shown up.....even if there is nothing to ride near me, at least some snow out the window is encouraging.

I just got out for a ride the other day and it is surprising what a difference it makes in my enthusiasm / interests after you get out and put some actual miles on.

Still do not like the driving to ride though - my threshold is around 2.5, unless it is a trip, than totally different ballgame.

Like anything else, the hardest part is getting started.

Im into other things in the shop and have some small projects to get to around the house. I didn’t plan for any sled trips this year. Maybe I’ll find time to do a couple days in February if the trails don’t open closer to home. Not looking good for districts 4,5 or 9 right now.

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Like anything else, the hardest part is getting started.

Im into other things in the shop and have some small projects to get to around the house. I didn’t plan for any sled trips this year. Maybe I’ll find time to do a couple days in February if the trails don’t open closer to home. Not looking good for districts 4,5 or 9 right now.

No frost either so going to be a short season no doubt.  2 weeks minimum to open now.  Not much left after first week of March. That leaves us with 2 to 3 week season. That’s depressing to be honest. Seems all trails that are open near park are all best to crap. Lots of complaints every where about traffic and not enough grooming. Every flocking to open trails. 

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Headed to Rouyan next Saturday. Hopefully it’s good

Its Yellow now & lots of Green North of it, so can only get better in a week - winter seems to be building some momentum this week too.

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Headed to Rouyan next Saturday. Hopefully it’s good

Heading to that area next weekend also . Riding to Val-Dor on Sunday 

• Like 1

Got back yesterday from a few days up in the Northern Corridor, conditions were surprisingly good considering the weather struggles they've also been having. 

https://www.facebook.com/therealnutter/posts/pfbid0TW15xYXi4nW94UncAg4sbX17V1qhQSusEwyXZwh2cxX8zP8TrCfNaxsDbLaX75Zcl

• Like 5

As I was standing in line to check into my room in Mont Laurier, I was chatting with a lady from Lasarre and she was saying there was no snow there.  

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

No frost either so going to be a short season no doubt.  2 weeks minimum to open now.  Not much left after first week of March. That leaves us with 2 to 3 week season. That’s depressing to be honest. Seems all trails that are open near park are all best to crap. Lots of complaints every where about traffic and not enough grooming. Every flocking to open trails. 

Yep, pretty dismal winter.

And when there's no open trails in the south by end of January, everyone heads north and chews up the trails.

No thanks. I'll wait for a window of good trails or not go at all.

There is always next year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And when there's no open trails in the south by end of January, everyone heads north and chews up the trails.

Ive been looking at new Harleys...............................I wonder why

9 hours ago, scottyr said:

As I was standing in line to check into my room in Mont Laurier, I was chatting with a lady from Lasarre and she was saying there was no snow there.  

Odd, trails are all green there right now. 
maybe no snow compared to a normal year?

42 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Ive been looking at new Harleys...............................I wonder why

I did the Harley thing for a few years. I was still putting more miles on my sled than the bike so I got out. It was nice to look at in the garage though.

I was all set to spring order a new sled in March but now I'm thinking about keeping the Cat for one more winter.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I did the Harley thing for a few years. I was still putting more miles on my sled than the bike so I got out. It was nice to look at in the garage though.

I was all set to spring order a new sled in March but now I'm thinking about keeping the Cat for one more winter.

smart. Especially since its only 4 weekends possibly. I put 5k on the harley goofing around. its a no brainer really

• Like 1

Not much riding, spent the day clearing trails for Tall Pines.20230121_100611.thumb.jpg.9bfc2ef317424f8950b2a0b8397587b3.jpg

20230121_110054.jpg

20230121_104054.jpg

20230121_103657.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, stonehaven said:

Not much riding, spent the day clearing trails for Tall Pines.

Where abouts is that warm up shack? Thanks for clearing the trails!

Thanks for everything you guys and gals do. There’s a warm up shack on trail 62 

12 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Where abouts is that warm up shack? Thanks for clearing the trails!

It's about halfway on 62 towards Kennisis Lake. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Learn something new everyday.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:42 AM, stonehaven said:

Not much riding, spent the day clearing trails for Tall Pines.20230121_100611.thumb.jpg.9bfc2ef317424f8950b2a0b8397587b3.jpg

20230121_110054.jpg

20230121_104054.jpg

20230121_103657.jpg

Thank-you. I always loved  riding 62 and 64. That area always had good trails for man power they have. Usually snow coverage is same as HF. Glad to see some help to keep them open and great loop to avoid B trail in hali 😎

On 1/23/2023 at 2:26 AM, Blackstar said:

March break head to Cochrane or week after if things stay open. Should be safe to go then 😎. I want to go. No way I am

going to take zero miles in a season 😆

• Like 1