2025 predictions

Sledguy74

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I rode my sons 550 Sport a little the day we got out.

It is light, has decent jam, and if you are a good rider, riding Muskoka trails, ( not Quebec and up north), it will keep up with anyone.

what I loved about it most was no temp gauge and scratchers non sense. Gas, oil, and go.

You can still have a lot of fun w/o spending 25k plus on a stupid snowmobile.

i have never not had a sled, 25+ is the end for me.

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Yup, once sleds crept past the 20k mark - you lost a lot of people.

The crunch for spare cash for a lot of people now is real - new payroll taxes, carbon taxes, inflation etc. - is eating into discretionary income.

At 20k plus for a sled - that unless you trailered far this season- was essentially un-useable - you're into a small demographic of diehards. 

$ and weather will be the death of sledding as you knew it

The system alone can't sustain itself on those diehards

It seems like a record that has been played the last little while over and over, but with this year under our belt, that affected ON and even QC a fair amount, might be a major change in the tides for sure. 

The sport I beleive is still mostly made up of folks between 45 and 65, and for most in that bracket, financial freedoms are looking pretty good......but how dedicated will this group continue to be with winters likes this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

It seems like a record that has been played the last little while over and over, but with this year under our belt, that affected ON and even QC a fair amount, might be a major change in the tides for sure. 

The sport I beleive is still mostly made up of folks between 45 and 65, and for most in that bracket, financial freedoms are looking pretty good......but how dedicated will this group continue to be with winters likes this.

yes, but there is very little coming in behind those people - and even people with financial freedom - they didn't get there making stupid decisions with their money, and 30k on a sled in Ontario would fall into that category all day long - rich or not - it's just stupid lol.

People will start finding other things to do with their time and money if things don't get better

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

yes, but there is very little coming in behind those people - and even people with financial freedom - they didn't get there making stupid decisions with their money, and 30k on a sled in Ontario would fall into that category all day long - rich or not - it's just stupid lol.

People will start finding other things to do with their time and money if things don't get better

Yep, and for that other reason, the sport is slowly dieing from a rider to a volunteer standpoint.

Agreed, stupid money spent, that makes non-current left over that much more appealing vs. latest MY sled if you are so inclined to buy....but you are still taking a hit on selling your old sled for the "new one", if you sell that is.

There will always be a cost for having fun, each person has a different threshold for that given their life situation, stupid part of spending the money is not being able to enjoy it......I think most in the sport today will be okay spending the $$, if it can be enjoyed - that was a big hurtle this year no doubt, which as you say, leads to considering other options instead to spend your money on.

2025 season will be better for riding option, it has to be!

Maybe not for sled manufactures/dealers though.....

• Like 7

The end of an era 

2025 SRX 

IMG_1007.png

IMG_1008.png

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

The end of an era 

2025 SRX 

IMG_1007.png

IMG_1008.png

Best looking sled 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I rode my sons 550 Sport a little the day we got out.

It is light, has decent jam, and if you are a good rider, riding Muskoka trails, ( not Quebec and up north), it will keep up with anyone.

what I loved about it most was no temp gauge and scratchers non sense. Gas, oil, and go.

You can still have a lot of fun w/o spending 25k plus on a stupid snowmobile.

i have never not had a sled, 25+ is the end for me.

That's a fan sled I assume? 
All these liquid cooled high powered sleds, sure eat allot of our snow to keep cool 😆.  Maybe electric is answer to snow longevity 🙃

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

The end of an era 

2025 SRX 

IMG_1007.png

IMG_1008.png

I was hoping they would do something a bit more special to celebrate their last year.

Maybe an SRV inspired paint scheme. 

399652565_10230239559071003_3111109712767731672_n.thumb.jpg.dc907c64c598c108ec2d2ec8f27004f6.jpg

Or just carried over the Black/Gold from last year.

• Like 1

I’m a four stroke guy. Cat has nothing but a $30k hyper sled, Polaris didn’t put a turbo on the S4 and 90hp just isn’t enough, Yamaha is exiting the game with a $22k viper, so that leaves skidoo. 
 looking at a leftover 24MY renegade adrenaline 900 turbo at some point this year. We’ll see what deals pop up. 
$17,800+++ ain’t too bad for a 130hp sled for a 25MY. 

I remember paying $14,600+++ for my 2018 viper brand new. 
I certainly don’t need a $25-$30k sled, but some people have money to burn and that’s ok too. 
I’ve never been a skidoo guy, but I feel they offer the best value for the 130hp 4 stroke class, not to mention all the accessories available. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I’m a four stroke guy. Cat has nothing but a $30k hyper sled, Polaris didn’t put a turbo on the S4 and 90hp just isn’t enough, Yamaha is exiting the game with a $22k viper, so that leaves skidoo. 
 looking at a leftover 24MY renegade adrenaline 900 turbo at some point this year. We’ll see what deals pop up. 

I certainly don’t need a $25-$30k sled, but some people have money to burn and that’s ok too. 
I’ve never been a skidoo guy, but I feel they offer the best value for the 130hp 4 stroke class, not to mention all the accessories available. 

That's skidoo hard to beat. I just wanted to try a Polaris so was looking at a 650. It last as long as I need it too. I already have a 90 hp four stroke 😆. Don't need two the same and figure 650 be easier for wife to handle then another four stroke. Why no 650 in cards any more. Some nice low mile ones out there now too? 

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That's skidoo hard to beat. I just wanted to try a Polaris so was looking at a 650. It last as long as I need it too. I already have a 90 hp four stroke 😆. Don't need two the same and figure 650 be easier for wife to handle then another four stroke. Why no 650 in cards any more. Some nice low mile ones out there now too? 

We were originally planning on a 650 Polaris for weight reasons, but that 650 is roughly 508lbs vs the Doo at 528lbs. I don’t think she’ll notice the 20lbs. 
The doo is $1k more than the poo, but has a four stroke that should outlast the 650 engine no problem. I don’t see the point in 2 strokes anymore due to having to rebuild them eventually. 
I’m not the kind of guy that trades up every 2nd or 3rd year, I like to keep them for a long time.  
My viper has 15,000kms on it and doesn’t owe me anything. I’ll likely get another 15km out of it before I get rid of it. I’m hoping for the same experience with another 4 stroke. 
I love the viper, but can’t justify spending $22k+++ for the wife.
Honestly, I’d just get the 900 if I knew for certain I wasn’t going to ride it! 

10 hours ago, Baylaker said:

There is a 900t on market place for 15500 for a low km 2021,might be flexible on price.Only 850 km 

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

All these liquid cooled high powered sleds, sure eat allot of our snow to keep cool 😆.  Maybe electric is answer to snow longevity 🙃

Yup ,carbed fanner.

Worked perfect

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I bought a 600 efi Expedition this year, lower hp 2 stroke and ran it through marginal snow conditions where any of our Etec's would have been heating up but was pleasantly surprised, no issues. Was a great replacement for our 550 fan GTX. Lots of grunt, smoother and much better on fuel than the old fanner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrightonalan said:

There is a 900t on market place for 15500 for a low km 2021,might be flexible on price.Only 850 km 

That’s too much for a used sled that’s 4yrs old likely with no warranty. I can get a brand new 24’ right now out in Quebec for $16,499

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

We were originally planning on a 650 Polaris for weight reasons, but that 650 is roughly 508lbs vs the Doo at 528lbs. I don’t think she’ll notice the 20lbs. 
The doo is $1k more than the poo, but has a four stroke that should outlast the 650 engine no problem. I don’t see the point in 2 strokes anymore due to having to rebuild them eventually. 
I’m not the kind of guy that trades up every 2nd or 3rd year, I like to keep them for a long time.  
My viper has 15,000kms on it and doesn’t owe me anything. I’ll likely get another 15km out of it before I get rid of it. I’m hoping for the same experience with another 4 stroke. 
I love the viper, but can’t justify spending $22k+++ for the wife.
Honestly, I’d just get the 900 if I knew for certain I wasn’t going to ride it! 

I think these new 650's will last. Haven't heard of any failing out there. I expect to get 15,000 km's out of it, maybe more. 
for me that be 10 years at least, since I still have four stroke too.

I get tired of it before I wear engine out. 
900 nice but it lacks jam at higher speeds. If it's ridden hard two stroke will beat it in fuel economy. 

130 Is interesting no doubt. Wonder how realible the turbo are. Is it going to fail and puke oil out at speed and ruin engine one day? 
pita to change oil in them after a low mile sesson too. 

37 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

That’s too much for a used sled that’s 4yrs old likely with no warranty. I can get a brand new 24’ right now out in Quebec for $16,499

agree,but I'm sure he would take less . dealers will probably take less also . good time to buy 

the new Dynamix suspension from Polaris is very tempting, talked to a bunch of guys that rode them and the reports are insanely good, Sled price is high but looking at a 850, dont need the Boost, the 4 year warranty is nice also.

Still have a couple of weeks to finalize or may wait and grab a non current possibly

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nunz said:

the new Dynamix suspension from Polaris is very tempting, talked to a bunch of guys that rode them and the reports are insanely good, Sled price is high but looking at a 850, dont need the Boost, the 4 year warranty is nice also.

Still have a couple of weeks to finalize or may wait and grab a non current possibly

As I get older a more advanced suspension starts to be more and more important. Even quebec seems to be rougher than I remember (latest trip to Mont Valin). As long as it doesn't impact handling I'd be willing to spend the extra for the DS for sure.  My wife has a Cat with the iAct but it adjusts all the dampers together which I feel is the weak point of that system. P seems to have delivered something special here.

• Like 2

Is it worth buying a 2024 or 23 leftover with 1 to 2 years warranty vs a new 2025 with 4 years warranty and new tech?

38 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Is it worth buying a 2024 or 23 leftover with 1 to 2 years warranty vs a new 2025 with 4 years warranty and new tech?

I would say that it completely depends on what incentives there are on the non currents. The rebates need to be pretty big.

4 year warranty is nice to have.

tech is meh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

It would depend on the sled I was buying. I'm only buying 4 strokes at this point so I wouldn't care whether it was 1 year or 4.

If I was buying a boosted 2-stroke, I'd probably want all the warranty I could get.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I think it depends on the sled. I personally wouldnt own an 850 without warranty. So its a tough resale. 600's i would buy/own without warranty, same with a 4 stroke. My 17 cat was a discounted left over with 1 year warranty and my 20 skidoo was a left over msrp with 2 years warranty. No trouble reselling them without warranty. Right now i'd be lucky to get $9k for my 23. Yikes. Market reactions will depend on if there's snow on the ground come next season too. Im waiting it out till the fall to make a move on a leftover 24. 

• Like 2