TRAILS SHOWING OPEN

32 minutes ago, 95rxl650 said:

Owen Sound area seems to have stalled out. Nothing north of hwy6 towards the peninsula yet, not even the railbed to wiarton. Key feeder trails are still red in area's that do have some yellow. No where for a guy to go if you live in town. I really dont want to trailer out with an open trailer. Just end up with a big brown frozen ball of shyte behind me. Frustrating. lol

Give it time next week weather doesn't like great,  it go to ice I think. Then another 4 to 6" on top we are all set.  Not very cold next week so not going to help wet area's hopefully wet stuff stays away 🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Give it time next week weather doesn't like great,  it go to ice I think. Then another 4 to 6" on top we are all set.  Not very cold next week so not going to help wet area's hopefully wet stuff stays away 🙏

You better get out and ride this weekend 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 9:10 PM, Re:Leaf said:

Orillia District Snowmobile Club was out packing B112B this evening. 

Orillia has some trails open for the weekend 👍👍BC5D0AEF-F1FE-428C-A468-7EE7907DC0BD.thumb.jpeg.034b973269925ee2216a983137ab149b.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You better go for a ride this weekend or sell it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I believe groomers are down in owensound area

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Why I be going next week later in week. Come down with minor ammonia infection. So can't take cold for long periods of time. Once it warms up I go 😎

How did you get the ammonia infection?

• Haha 1

Heading out to Shelburne tommorrow-Sunday morning for a ride, Hoping to see some OC members out there, flag me down if you see me, cant miss my sled this year.

• Like 6

Anyone participate in the Kearney rodeo today? Hows it holding up? 

10 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I believe groomers are down in owensound area

There's about 5 clubs in a small area. Stoney Keppel guys had a short term issue, but they lost a night at the worst time. I caught up to the groomer just east of Shallow Lake around noon today. Good day today. Some decent trails, sunshine and -12. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nunz said:

Heading out to Shelburne tommorrow-Sunday morning for a ride, Hoping to see some OC members out there, flag me down if you see me, cant miss my sled this year.

i was there today ,some really nice trails and some areas need more snow .overall a great day

14 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

How did you get the ammonia infection?

I’ll take “how did you get the ammonia infection?” For $2000 Alex……… What is, because he’s full of crap!

• Haha 2

We dropped in Atwood Saturday morning and on trails by 9am. Great day overall. Decided to try and stay away from heavy traffic areas. Most trails were great in the AM. By time we looped back down around, things were getting fairly tough. Good day all around. Little over 300kms on the dial today. Also hit this milestone today.  Bought the sled new in 2012. Motor hasn’t been touched. Still has around 120psi each side. 

IMG_6824.jpeg

IMG_6823.jpeg

• Like 9

I dont want to point out anything, but I will say, get out and enjoy the outdoors the next couple days. Looks like another nice one today.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Anyone riding on Tuesday! Thinking of dropping some where in district 9. Hope to start around 9:30 am and go until we are done. No set time to be home. 

Got over the Bird Flue now..

7 minutes ago, Rich Saul said:

Got over the Bird Flue now..

No have mild ammonia. Just sitting on couch hoping to go back out to barn for another round tonight. 🤦‍♂️

Cant breathe very well. Hoping to ride Tuesday we shall see.  Hoping to find a riding partner encase I can't breathe out there  😎.  It might be my last ride 😳.  
Wife going to kill me but she leaves at 7:30 with my son. Not saying anything just going. Usually Better at start of day 🙏

• Confused 1

Strong Farmer if you weren't on deaths door step l would go with you . However my 1st aid skills are lacking .  If you went into a coughing fit and started to gasp for air , for sure l would bail on ya. Get well soon .

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Strong Farmer if you weren't on deaths door step l would go with you . However my 1st aid skills are lacking .  If you went into a coughing fit and started to gasp for air , for sure l would bail on ya. Get well soon .

Ok well I give you an update tomorrow night. I should be ok if not too cold.  Decided to just relax and let my worker do more tomorrow. 😎

Tuesday is likely your last chance to ride for a while. I would imagine the trails will close on Wednesday to try to save the base. A lot of trail won't reopen after the rain I suspect.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Tuesday is likely your last chance to ride for a while. I would imagine the trails will close on Wednesday to try to save the base. A lot of trail won't reopen after the rain I suspect.

Yep.    Its over around Mitchell once the rain starts on Wed.      I am going to try and get out for a little ride on Tuesday even if its just for a couple of hours.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just put my riding gear away for the summer this morning, and calculated my exact mileage for the winter - 399 km. Hmmm! I will head north if I can convince any buddies to go. Have started to prepare for a bike trip to WV in 3 weeks, but don't need much time for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tricky said:

Just put my riding gear away for the summer this morning, and calculated my exact mileage for the winter - 399 km. Hmmm! I will head north if I can convince any buddies to go. Have started to prepare for a bike trip to WV in 3 weeks, but don't need much time for that.

Have to go this week. Next week it warms up. Not sure it's worth 8 hour trip With limited amount of trails open. Everyone will want to go 🤣.