Haliburton Forest is open

Sksman

Will be a busy place. 

Be safe everyone.

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Wow, that was quick.

@RAMSOMAIR

There you go, fill your boots - some positives for a change!

I suggest midweek ride thiough......:coffeenose:

With only 100 sleds allowed per day and 350 km open trails it should be a lot fewer sleds then Mt Valin.

A friend from Quebec said there was 15,000 sleds in M t Valin area last weekend  

6 minutes ago, Sksman said:

With only 100 sleds allowed per day and 350 km open trails it should be a lot fewer sleds then Mt Valin.

100 plus season pass holders, But still not comparable.  It won't be 350km this weekend not a chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sksman said:

A couple of buddies of mine are in Mont Valin right now its so full they have to stay an hour away and trailer there every day from their hotel.   

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

That’s crazy about Valin, not surprised though given the situation..

At 15,000 sleds, each rider spending say  200 $ per day , give or take .  That is a descent win fall for the local economy .   3 Mil per day ,NICE , 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

We were in Valin in March 2020 and saw 20 sleds in 4 days lol. It was awesome

Ya, we were there two years ago, generally it was pretty quiet with traffic, one section of trail closer to where there were homes, ski hill, etc....the trail was beat up, but that was it.

I'm looking at the ofsc trail map and dont see any open trails in the Haliburton area.

With that many riders in Valin I wonder what fuel supplies are like. Maybe limited menus at trail accessible food stops??. Certainly limited lodging.

1 hour ago, 95rxl650 said:

I'm looking at the ofsc trail map and dont see any open trails in the Haliburton area.

With that many riders in Valin I wonder what fuel supplies are like. Maybe limited menus at trail accessible food stops??. Certainly limited lodging.

It's hailburton  forest, it's a private trail network. They have summer access roads that make up main trail network. They are smooth to start with, so they can open with less snow then surrounding area. 
They always jump gun by sounds of it, it hasn't all been groomed yet if any at all. Says they be heading out when temperatures drop 😎

https://www.haliburtonforest.com/trail-conditions/

• Like 1

We are heading there on Sunday, I will post a report after our ride, Hopefully they get the snow in the forecast they are calling for.

• Like 6

I know Saturday is sold out for passes, may head out Sunday or at least hit some back trails if we get the snow they are calling for.

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

We are heading there on Sunday, I will post a report after our ride, Hopefully they get the snow in the forecast they are calling for.

1 hour ago, stonehaven said:

I know Saturday is sold out for passes, may head out Sunday or at least hit some back trails if we get the snow they are calling for.

Would like to hear the updates for sure - it will be nice to scratch the itch maybe next week and the forest is a good spot for that while the OFSC trail system hopefully comes to life!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stoney said:

Would like to hear the updates for sure - it will be nice to scratch the itch maybe next week and the forest is a good spot for that while the OFSC trail system hopefully comes to life!

At this point a set of carbides is well worth it.

Fuel consumption and cost to date = $0.00

I just read that Missing Links groomer has been out today and if they get the snow predicted tonight they will likely open very soon.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, coldfinger said:

At 15,000 sleds, each rider spending say  200 $ per day , give or take .  That is a descent win fall for the local economy .   3 Mil per day ,NICE , 

Wonder who came up with that number.  No doubt they've been busy.  But 15,000 sleds in one day?  You're talking 15% of the permitted sleds in Quebec.  Doesn't seem right.  

• Like 1

The guy that came up with that # was probably 15 beers deep . And sleep deprived .

• Haha 2