Weather

1 hour ago, zrtkat said:

That's why we put our reservation in early get all our rooms booked figures it might get busy towards the end of the month.

Hopefully they get more snow before our launch date of the 19th of February.

Greg 

Quebec City has 3 days above zero next week. Hopefully it doesn't do too much damage 🙏.  That can change too.  Look forward to hearing your report. 

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I may take the Harley out today

Have seen 2 today - it's a beauty day out there

• Like 1

I think this coming week unfortunately could be the final nail in the coffin. The ground isn’t frozen, and water is flowing in a lot of places. Even if we do get a big storm mid February, I personally think it won’t last or that there wont be enough time to reopen the trails. 
I hate to be that guy, but I think this season is done. 
These are just my thoughts, and I’ve been wrong many times before but forecast is showing 7 days in a row of above average temperatures with 5 straight days of sun and more rain to follow after that. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I think this coming week unfortunately could be the final nail in the coffin. The ground isn’t frozen, and water is flowing in a lot of places. Even if we do get a big storm mid February, I personally think it won’t last or that there wont be enough time to reopen the trails. 
I hate to be that guy, but I think this season is done. 
These are just my thoughts, and I’ve been wrong many times before but forecast is showing 7 days in a row of above average temperatures with 5 straight days of sun and more rain to follow after that. 

You are being realistic with what’s in front and forecasted.

it’s done without ever getting started.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

It got started down here and spent grooming money pre grooming and grooming our trails 😆. I got one day out of my trail permit 

36 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

We were open for 5 days in our area and had lots of sleds through day and night. I was fortunate enough 600 km. riding from home on 6 different clubs trails all connected and yellow on the map. Thats almost twice as long as we were open last year. I closed the gates where the trail goes through a horse field across the road. Hope I have to open them again but..................

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We were open for 5 days in our area and had lots of sleds through day and night. I was fortunate enough 600 km. riding from home on 6 different clubs trails all connected and yellow on the map. Thats almost twice as long as we were open last year. I closed the gates where the trail goes through a horse field across the road. Hope I have to open them again but..................

I am jealous and happy.

that said, we are celebrating a 5 day season.

• Sad 1

My Ontario permit is still in the envelope after saying I wasnt buying one this year.   My Quebec permit is stuck to the sled.    If I have to drive 8-10 hrs to ride any more this season, it will be in Quebec.   

I think I may put my OFSC permit on Marketplace and see if I can recoup $100 from someone wanting to go to Cochrane or somewhere....

The ice is making a lot of noise tonight. Hoping the middle layer freezes with the cold tonight. Sounds like a gunshot at times and it echoes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lots of white this AM, but it's just frost. Haven't seen that for a while.

4 minutes ago, tricky said:

Lots of white this AM, but it's just frost. Haven't seen that for a while.

Ya, it was a crisp beautiful morning….although too much sun and not enough white on the ground, but nice regardless. 

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Ya, it was a crisp beautiful morning….although too much sun and not enough white on the ground, but nice regardless. 

Taking down my Christmas lights in a long sleeve t-shirt. Not crisp here 😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Taking down my Christmas lights in a long sleeve t-shirt. Not crisp here 😁

lol, well crisp considering the last week…I think it was around -5!

Just need that rain to not happen on friday. After that it looks somewhat promising. I've never been this late in the season and not had quality seat time on some white ribbon. Chasing snow somewhere in Quebec after this week. Probably put 250-300kms on doing trail work and that doesnt count.

• Like 2

My Dad lives in Nova Scotia and sent me this picture looking out from his front door today. 
91994578-600D-4C65-8DE1-B995005601E9.thumb.jpeg.4939a820a508674bb8c16aea55722730.jpeg

They are expecting another 30+cm tomorrow, and 10cm on Monday. 

F25AB5E6-A6FE-4317-88C8-9EA7024F3DAA.thumb.png.c1d57056df58a4e40d6af7fed84f0813.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Just need that rain to not happen on friday. After that it looks somewhat promising. I've never been this late in the season and not had quality seat time on some white ribbon. Chasing snow somewhere in Quebec after this week. Probably put 250-300kms on doing trail work and that doesnt count.

I use to get 3500 km's a season no trailering. Just ride nice days. Winter seem to vanish from southern Ontario last few winters. Central getting our old winters of 6 to 8 weeks it seems. Hopefully you can get a month your way yet. Middle of Feb to third week of March I prey for you. Thanks for all you do 😎

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Cochrane weather showing plus temps all week with some rain.

WTF?

It's bad in Ontario. Out wesr is warm too. Only spot that has amazing snow in Alaska broke all kinds of records for snow fall this winter. Last week they got 41 cm's in a day 😳

11 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

I just got back from a week in Quebec and the trails were mostly good they desperately need snow in places as there are a lot rocks poking through on the trail.   

I just gave my sled a quick once over yesterday and was shocked and disappointed to see that I have about 8-10 bent studs and my carbides have way more wear than I should have after 1200kms of riding.    All of this was caused by the lack of snow.  

With the free weekend just wrapping up today and the extreme traffic that the trails will have seen combined with weeks warm up it might take a couple of weeks to get things back to decent conditions.  

My wife is going to Whistler next weekend and I am hoping to get for a short run again in Quebec but I will be watching the trail conditions. 

• Like 1