Weather

On 1/26/2024 at 8:38 AM, Spiderman said:

White to green over night.

we can just move along to summer now, it’s time to flush this winter good-bye.

Started measuring a second boat up to get it ready for for salmon fishing. A buddy sent pics yesterday of him frying up his catch while still on the water. Owen Sound launch had a few rigs in the parking lot. I'm moving on.

• Like 3

It's Kennisis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stonehaven said:

It's Kennisis

Thats somewhat promising to see. I guess. Cold nights might freeze the other lakes this week. Checked our lake today and there's still a layer of water/slush sandwiched in between top and bottom layers of ice. Abour 8-9" of what ever u wanna call that lol

• Like 1

From what I can see around local trail heads there seems to be a base still hanging around. Better than expected. A good dump of a foot or so and it'll be back to riding in no time. Whats still on the ground is turning to a block of ice. Just need some cushion for it.

• Like 2

There might be some good news for the middle of February pattern change.

How weather patterns are expected to change across the United States in February

The Weather Will Be VERY Different In February...
Max Velocity - Severe Weather

Jan 27, 2024

In this weather forecast, we are breaking down a DIFFERENT weather pattern that will change the weather for February comparably to January. Arctic blasts, winter storms, and severe weather will all be possible throughout the month, but exactly when will these events ramp up? This weather pattern is a part of El Nino, which has led to more active weather in the Southern Tier of the USA, while the Northern Tier has been less active. This will lead to some snow events, showers and storms, and perhaps severe weather. Find the latest details of the weather across the United States in our latest weather forecast.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Today, I had 3 people say to me, " I guess your winter is done for sledding eh?"

:argh:

Yeah it is, almost  feb now. Very little base left from what I can see.  It's a shame but it's going to take a miracle and they calling for plus 5 and 4 now for next few days.

Next week we hit double digit plus temps and big Royal flush is coming, maybe even thunder storm 👻

Ya long range up to mid Feb does not look promising. I think the new sleds are launching in 2-3 weeks as well (2025s) will be interesting how the weather affects spring check orders. 

Our roads are bare, ice is thin, snow is nominal, worst winter in my lifetime for where our cottage is, no debate.

• Like 2

Just need the lake effect westerly winds to come back. The foot or so we have is nice frozen and hard packed. My sled drag would barely cut into it all yesterday. 

• Like 3

I see we now have a few days of sunny skies coming. Sun is the killer. Having said that, we have a fresh inch in the last 45 minutes

7 hours ago, MXZMike said:

Ya long range up to mid Feb does not look promising. I think the new sleds are launching in 2-3 weeks as well (2025s) will be interesting how the weather affects spring check orders. 

Cat just released their 25’s and all the pricing. Crazy pricing lol.

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Cat just released their 25’s and all the pricing. Crazy pricing lol.

Anal Rape.png

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Anal Rape.png

Yep, almost $30k out the door. Nuts!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Our roads are bare, ice is thin, snow is nominal, worst winter in my lifetime for where our cottage is, no debate.

That's a bummer.  With lousy weather think I try and find some fast classic sleds. Be good enough for few days I ride 😎