Weather

Passing lane.......ya ....that one. lol.

You guys got more snow in one shot than we have for the season. Our side roads are slick and my grandkids are having extended snow days but after 1/4 tank of gas this morning, I'm just not seeing any decent conditions. It tries to snow, but it's broken.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Quick hi-jack.

My daughter has her G2 - we did all the driver training etc. - and I spent a lot of time with her myself.

Anyway - her road test for her G2 - was 7 1/2 minutes long - that was it - in 7 1/2 minutes they issued her a G2 and sent her out into the wild.

It has been a while, but I recall my driving test being a lot longer......some local roads with stop signs, yields, etc....., a nearby highway, parrallel parking, parking in a parking lot......

Guess there were cut backs....lol

may need to get a taller sno gauge

PXL_20240118_143257799.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 8

looks like its supposed to sit over  muskoka all day again 

Screenshot_20240118-103245.png

Plenty of deep white at our place now - should be a good Sunday for me and the boy.

He'll be breaking in his new sled in powda!

• Like 6

Seems like I'm under the dome in Owen Sound. Trails all around me are opening up. Apparently, south of chatsworth there's been a couple more feet of snow and thats 20 minutes down the road. We got maybe 2" in the last 24 hours in town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 95rxl650 said:

Seems like I'm under the dome in Owen Sound. Trails all around me are opening up. Apparently, south of chatsworth there's been a couple more feet of snow and thats 20 minutes down the road. We got maybe 2" in the last 24 hours in town. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f61f4b450ae0bcce6e20a7a27011caf2.jpeg

My buddy sent me that pic last night. His brother’s house in Wiarton.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f61f4b450ae0bcce6e20a7a27011caf2.jpeg

My buddy sent me that pic last night. His brother’s house in Wiarton.

That looks to be a good 14-16" on the shed. were about 10" in the Sound. Problem is that it's light fluff. Doesnt amount to much once it's packed but it sure looks hopeful. My daughter lives in that direction and sends me video. Some of the high spots in the fields are blown clean but I'll take it and be happy about it. Time to get out and enjoy it.😊

• Like 4

Just can’t win this season.

Thankful for the 600kms so far this season, but the forecast is not looking good at all. Hopefully we don’t get too much rain tomorrow & Thursday. 

about 6-7 days in a row of above temperatures going into February. Brutal & challenging season for all of us. 

Above seasonal temperatures for Hearst next week. 
4156CEA4-38F9-4265-8983-BEF9933B99DC.thumb.jpeg.7beb9cf5d584a339c8a613629d87f40a.jpeg

not looking so great for the skokes this week ,but they have been wrong before

Screenshot_20240123-134601.png

And I got crap thrown at me for posting this stuff, last week. LOL!

I probably shouldn't say anything about the plus 10 temps, coming for several days next week then. Ski

• Haha 1

And we were not able to get out for a ride at all yet.

what a waste of money

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

And I got crap thrown at me for posting this stuff, last week. LOL!

I probably shouldn't say anything about the plus 10 temps, coming for several days next week then. Ski

Ya but we had snow squalls then. Lol lotsa winter left for us to enjoy. Cheers

• Like 4

Just looking at the 14 day forecast. God damn!

Most of District 9 just turned red on the ITG while I was looking.

Rode 300 kms today. Puts me at over 700 in 6 days. More than I rode all last season.😜

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Some good conditions out there today in district 5 😎 and south of 9. But 5 seemed to have more snow after todays storm. 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Rode 300 kms today. Puts me at over 700 in 6 days. More than I rode all last season.😜

I guess that's it folks in our area. 😳

Fat lady is signing already!  Hard to recover in middle of Feb 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I guess that's it folks in our area. 😳

Fat lady is signing already!  Hard to recover in middle of Feb 

we had no snow a week ago and had great pretty good trails this weekend .snow can come back fast .enjoyed every bit of almost 500km .

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

we had no snow a week ago and had great pretty good trails this weekend .snow can come back fast .enjoyed every bit of almost 500km .

I know but it's rare if no base left. I can't remember many years trails would re open after losing base in February. Wait and see. You ride by yourself usually? 

17 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I know but it's rare if no base left. I can't remember many years trails would re open after losing base in February. Wait and see. You ride by yourself usually? 

i have a couple riding buddies 

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I am thinking its almost a better idea to have the sleds down here than in Huntsville- seems this area -or the area just north of KW -etc. - can turn and be able to be rideable so quickly - given my very limited schedule - that might be better

• Like 2

I hear ya. I have a cottage in Huntsville and have yet to ride up there ( obvious reasons ). I did receive a trail update from my local club saying “ The ASC Team has been busy getting trails ready for the season. Depending on the weather, etc we are probably still about a week away from opening. “ . This was dated Jan 27. The last few years it’s been a later and later start. Lakes haven’t been freezing over like they used to and snow hasn’t  arrived as early as it usually did. I Never got out on my lake once last year ( not staked ) . I am not complaining, because,  I don’t! I have simply put my sled in the back of my truck instead of leaving it there ( which has been the norm for last 25 yrs  lol ) and bring it home to gta. I have been lucky enough to get out and enjoy about 700 k of the southern district ——- so far,