Weather

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Everyone seems so surprised about this weather. It’s only going to get worse

Better lower the price of that Rave sled and the others too than to get them offloaded - values will be dropping by the day .....lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Talked to a friend who has a place in St Zenon QC.    He said they are expecting 10cm today and another 10cm tomorrow.   If it comes to fruition, they will send the groomer out to start packing.   He did say they are still 2-3 weeks away min from “yellow trails”.  

Given the way things sit, no one is going to give best case, they will give worst case to avoid people coming back to them throwing their words at them, or bugging endlessly - which will likley happen regardless.

The trend in the forecast in some areas look promising for things to improve, I am sure trails are cleared/brushed at this point, there has been no major storms causing trees down (knock on wood), so add some cold, some snow, some packing/grooming, signatures all good and voila, maybe some yellow trails.....

• Like 1

I just hope it turns around for those that rely on the weather related income to earn a living and provide places for us to be able to use. I will survive without some snow - it's just time for me - but for some, it's their livelihood and that is what really is too bad.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, stoney said:

Better lower the price of that Rave sled and the others too than to get them offloaded - values will be dropping by the day .....lol

Meh, no panic to sell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

It was only a few years ago we had record snow and cold and then flooding in the spring in Muskoka. Also 16' or 17' we were riding at Christmas and kept going till April! 
I'm certain it’s not the carbon which is essential to life on earth causing the warm up. It’s that giant continuously exploding ball of fire in the sky called the Sun. Thats believable. Just my 2 cents. 

Carbon??? Oh that’s right, that’s that thing we pay tax on! 
Just another Trudeau scam…and so many bought into it.

• Like 4

You have to be a certain kind of bonkers to support a government scheme that by design makes living life harder, more expensive, and grants freedoms away to government bureaucracies.

HARD NO!

Carbon tax must go.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 2:35 PM, volunteer2 said:

A buddy just texted me he's heading there Mon am. Should be interesting what he says 

well the verdict is in  LOL   pics look good report is  lots of snow      and      lots of sleds 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

well the verdict is in  LOL   pics look good report is  lots of snow      and      lots of sleds 

Pics, what pics….lets see em!

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

I just hope it turns around for those that rely on the weather related income to earn a living and provide places for us to be able to use. I will survive without some snow - it's just time for me - but for some, it's their livelihood and that is what really is too bad.

A good febuary and March will help them out. Lots take holidays in febuary, that's usually guranteed. . Should be able to get going in next two to three weeks in most places hopefully. 

So why is that a few weeks ago when it was around 0 degrees it out, it sure felt colder on my body - today at what looks like -7 out, but I think the "feel like" is much colder, does not feel as cold....

I was a bit concerned earlier on and thought I might have to consider something else for clothing to keep my butt warmer....lol

Anyways, it is a much more crisp chilly morning outside for a change!  

• Like 1

IMG_2787.png

• Like 2

Again, goes back to my post, our calendars are off 2-6 weeks. ;) Ski

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Starts late, finishes early

LOL - pestimist.

Start late and finish late.....if you are willing to go to where the snow is.

I remember last year one of the guys on here from Kenisis lake area had many ride reports in and around the Dorset area when many were done for the year (cannot recall his name right now).....and Dorset is not that far!

Might be a great year for the lakes, who knows.

I'm a realist!

I'm in Parry Sound and usually ride from the garage door to trail across road and hit the trails/lakes.

Last year I rode twice from the door and all other rides were road trips.

5800kms last year, among the top mileage years of all time.

You say, go where the snow is........and that is what I did last year. This year may be the same but way latter start. Rode Cochrane?Hearst last year on Jan 11. No way that is happening this year.

LET IT SNOW

4 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I'm a realist!

I'm in Parry Sound and usually ride from the garage door to trail across road and hit the trails/lakes.

Last year I rode twice from the door and all other rides were road trips.

5800kms last year, among the top mileage years of all time.

You say, go where the snow is........and that is what I did last year. This year may be the same but way latter start. Rode Cochrane?Hearst last year on Jan 11. No way that is happening this year.

LET IT SNOW

Predicting the future by the sounds of it....lol.

Last year was a good one than for you, even with the crappy start we had - hopeing this year is just as good then!

I have found the PS area the last while to be rough with all the canadian shield there and not enough snow to cover up all that rock as of late.....they need a good amount of snow.

Late start in the not so normal areas for sure that you can normally count on.

Yes, the PS area is very difficult to open due to the rocks/swamps/lakes. I think the is area is gonna struggle moving forward. South of Midland and north of Timmins does not have nearly these challenges. The last 4 years we always rode midland south weeks before PS. 

2 hours ago, stoney said:

LOL - pestimist.

I remember last year one of the guys on here from Kenisis lake area had many ride reports in and around the Dorset area when many were done for the year (cannot recall his name right now).....and Dorset is not that far!

100% correct.

IMG_2789.png

• Like 4

17 hours ago, stoney said:

LOL - pestimist.

That guy would probably be me.  lol

Kennisis lk area to Dorest is usually open 2-3 weeks longer than Haliburton which is only about 25 min. south.

I was riding in the HF last weekend (ATV) northern trails actually had a bout 3" good base.  Lake will be awhile but all bays are locked up with good ice.

• Like 3

On 12/26/2023 at 6:18 PM, Blackstar said:

Let's hope that is right because TWN has nothing more than 5 cms for anywhere in Ontario in their 14 day forecast.

Well, TWN was pretty much right on for their 14 days 2 weeks ago. Let’s hope their  current 14 day comes true.