Screenshot_20231231-124223.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

How is ice in down town PS? 

basically none 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Screenshot_20231231-124223.png

My mennonite neighbour across the road planted wheat on November 13th. Although the field is not fully green, the wheat is visibly looking at it from in our house 300 feet away. 

10 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

basically none 

I saw a pic on F/B this morning of 4 wolves out on Lake Mesomikenda just west of Gogama. The ice looked shiny with only a few small areas of snow on it.

1 hour ago, Muskoka Man said:

basically none 

You could head out on the boat and go fishing where we are.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Rumour has it the gov is blocking certain loading ramps now to keep fishermen from going out in boats as the fire and cop boats are up for the season ,but just hear say 

7 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I saw a pic on F/B this morning of 4 wolves out on Lake Mesomikenda just west of Gogama. The ice looked shiny with only a few small areas of snow on it.

Wheat kind of looks like doggie pooo poo around here. It fix itself up with some early spring nitrogen. 

• Confused 1

IMG_2782.thumb.png.3b9a8f08e21f0e35af15c0b13e6121c4.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Spiderman said:

There's been rigs at the ramp here most mornings. If my boats weren't tucked away, I'd be one of them.

• Like 1

Happy new year 🥳 

at least there is some snow one the first day of 2024 

• Like 2

My son was out fishing the other day. Normally sledding and skating on lake on new years. First time since we’ve owned up here have we not been  Able to go on the lake. Crazy. 

15 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Wheat kind of looks like doggie pooo poo around here. It fix itself up with some early spring nitrogen. 

Wheat'll be fine.

There was one wet fall that we got our wheat in really late (Nov?) and it never came up at all until spring, and it was a fine crop.

I was kind'a scared and then I was pleasantly surprised with the yield.

About the only thing that seems to take out wheat is spring flooding.

• Like 1

We were up at the cottage , Magnetawan, and people were skating and ice fishing on the lake. Test holes show 7" of ice. absolutely no snow, but the entire lake was a skating rink. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 4mysled said:

We were up at the cottage , Magnetawan, and people were skating and ice fishing on the lake. Test holes show 7" of ice. absolutely no snow, but the entire lake was a skating rink. 

Are you talking about Amhic Lake?

25 minutes ago, 4mysled said:

Wow. My friends lake in Perry sound is wide open. Maybe some hope for the northern lakes. 

Ahmic is still open in places, Whalley Lake is where our cottage is. Small lake, and when I first saw people ice fishing on Sat. I thought they were nuts, but in the end it the ice was in good shape. 

48 minutes ago, 4mysled said:

Ahmic is still open in places, 

Message me if you want my secret walleye location on Ahmic. I regularly caught walleye there and up to 12 lbs.. My inlaws had a cottage in Amhic Lake and I fished it for 10 years.

Happy New Year

• Like 1

Hamilton has more snow than Huntsville :(

• Sad 1

Ground surface getting solid, the white stuff coming next week!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LuvMyViper said:

Message me if you want my secret walleye location on Ahmic. I regularly caught walleye there and up to 12 lbs.. My inlaws had a cottage in Amhic Lake and I fished it for 10 years.

Happy New Year

In the past both Ahmic & Cecebe  were top of the list for Walleye fishing in the province.

26 minutes ago, burndog said:

In the past both Ahmic & Cecebe  were top of the list for Walleye fishing in the province.

I had the hardest time.for like 5 years to catch a walleye until I got my honey hole. I found Ahmic very difficult for walleye... 

I have a professional fisherman friend and he said Amhic Lake was his favorite bass lake. I also catch huge jumbo perch (ice.fishing) and every perch was full of worms :(

• Like 1