Sled prices falling large ?

528rick

22 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I should go back in tomorrow and offer 9200 for it 😎

So did you buy it ??

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nope waiting for your door crasher deal 😆

Why would you want newer sled to ride once a year, make more sense to keep what you have.How many km on your 900 ace . That motor will run forever

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

Why would you want newer sled to ride once a year, make more sense to keep what you have.How many km on your 900 ace . That motor will run forever

Just want a second one looking for a two stroke this time.  Keeping ace too, won't sell it, it is mint.  Then I have a spare sled for a buddy to use and can get back up north if I can't find anyone else to ride with. Be easier to keep up with some of more aggressive riders on here too. Almost everyone  bails on me when they find out I ride a 2017 900 ace 😆
6500 km's on it. Half of that was in northern Ontario. Did big loop once too, in 2018 😎

• Like 1

Ya, sledding crowd is older around here, and really overall in general.

What ya ride I don’t think is a factor most think of when riding, other than perhaps a sled not looked after causing potential break down, but even new sleds leave you stranded. 
Same as pace, a slower reasonable rider is not that far behind when you stop at intersections to wait for all to catch up, plus is it really about the race to get to your destination or about the ride it takes to get there, at whatever pace and enjoying that. 
It seems things change more so due to weather, conditions or peoples life that changes, that cause a change in plans. 
Personality conflicts might be a bigger factor for some. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stoney said:

What ya ride I don’t think is a factor most think of when riding, other than perhaps a sled not looked after causing potential break down, but even new sleds leave you stranded. 
Same as pace, a slower reasonable rider is not that far behind when you stop at intersections to wait for all to catch up, plus is it really about the race to get to your destination or about the ride it takes to get there, at whatever pace and enjoying that. 
It seems things change more so due to weather, conditions or peoples life that changes, that cause a change in plans. 

Use to be easy to find some to ride with. Last few years, with weather and all its almost impossible. I have a few buddies that use to ride and don't have a sled now.  I wanted a two stroke since wife could use it too. She likes to ride when she can and then I have something a little faster and lighter to keep up to more experienced riders The map displays on new ones are handy, too. 
😎

Lately only a small window to ride and there wasn't much snow when I had time off back in middle of January. Hopefully next year is better and a get a ride or two in with some one🙏

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 9:54 AM, stoney said:

I used to ride hard, all day. Now, as I enter my sixties, I have slowed it down and no longer have to wait ten minutes for the wife to catch up. Getting old sucos.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Loosely keeping an eye & ear out for a fair deal on a new to me used sled, both dealer and private, just don't see it. My take, way overpriced from new, sellers hoping to recover what they likely never will.

34 minutes ago, burndog said:

Loosely keeping an eye & ear out for a fair deal on a new to me used sled, both dealer and private, just don't see it. My take, way overpriced from new, sellers hoping to recover what they likely never will.

What are you looking for ??

I know where there is a nice 21 assault 650

53 minutes ago, soupkids said:

What are you looking for ??

I know where there is a nice 21 assault 650

Yep, sorry not my cup of tea

1 hour ago, burndog said:

Most sellers will negotiate abit. They all seem to list high and wait and see. I had a few say they go down a few grand after they aren't moving for a few months. I haven't seen any killer deals either but some good deals with low mileage and some warranty left. 
Dealer in kearny blew out a used vr1  2022 with 7s for 11,999 I believe it was. Went fast. Had around 2300 miles I believe. It was an 850. Haven't seen any 650's that cheap any where yet. 

My buddy just bought a really nice 22 Renegade 850 XRS with 4000kms for $10500 privately.    I saw the sled - its really nice.    I wish I bought it.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am keeping my eyes open for a nice 21-23 Skidoo 600 just to have as 2nd sled.    

• Like 3

19 hours ago, burndog said:

Yep, sorry not my cup of tea

19 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Haven't seen any 650's that cheap any where yet. 

Performance Recreation is blowing away all their sleds. They have a '21 650 VR1 137 with 1500 miles. Were asking $11.5 K. Now ad says "make an offer". Anyone not buying a sled now isn't seriously shopping, except maybe someone like Scott looking for a cherry late model Doo 600R. They are still scarce. VR1 650s are scarce too, but they are out there at good prices.

If you're realistic on the value - it will sell - you can buy.

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Performance Recreation is blowing away all their sleds. They have a '21 650 VR1 137 with 1500 miles. Were asking $11.5 K. Now ad says "make an offer". Anyone not buying a sled now isn't seriously shopping, except maybe someone like Scott looking for a cherry late model Doo 600R. They are still scarce. VR1 650s are scarce too, but they are out there at good prices.

Is that Jens old sled?  

I am not in a huge panic but I am definitely keeping my eyes open for a nice 600X or something comparable for $10K.   All my buddies are getting rid of their sleds and I would have ridden more this winter if my dad would have come with me.    My mom wont let him buy another sled but he is always up for rip somewhere.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Is that Jens old sled?  

I am not in a huge panic but I am definitely keeping my eyes open for a nice 600X or something comparable for $10K.   All my buddies are getting rid of their sleds and I would have ridden more this winter if my dad would have come with me.    My mom wont let him buy another sled but he is always up for rip somewhere.

I seen on marketplace a 600 ski doo, think it was a 22 for $9000

On 3/31/2024 at 4:48 PM, scottyr said:

My buddy just bought a really nice 22 Renegade 850 XRS with 4000kms for $10500 privately.    I saw the sled - its really nice.    I wish I bought it.    

Only problem with used 850s is if the motor lets go out of warranty. Very expensive to repair. Some will go 20000kms some won’t see 4000. 

3 hours ago, Oggy said:

Only problem with used 850s is if the motor lets go out of warranty. Very expensive to repair. Some will go 20000kms some won’t see 4000. 

850s from any brand are a gamble out of warranty.    That is why I am looking for a 600R.    I have no problem buying a lower mileage one that has no warranty.  

2022 Skidoo XRS 600R, 1694kms, electric start and reverse. Heated grips, 1.25 x 129 studded tracks.  RAS-X front suspension.  Asking $10,950 plus HST

For more information email [hidden information]

Hammer Equipment and Powersports Inc

hammerequipment.ca

• Like 2

I seen this on marketplace looked like a ok deal 

34 minutes ago, 1049 said:

I seen this on marketplace looked like a ok deal 

That sled has been for sale since last fall.     The decals are not the correct ones for the machine.    My spidey sense is telling me there is a story about that sled.   

8 hours ago, scottyr said:

That sled has been for sale since last fall.     The decals are not the correct ones for the machine.    My spidey sense is telling me there is a story about that sled.   

I think you’re probably right it looked pretty dirty in the picture’s. I thought the decals looked odd but I wasn’t sure .