Boy is OC quiet 🤫

gobills

16 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Good decision!

I still did the rink ,still got passes for the sleds, still got use each of them on an extremely limited basis.

All of it is a complete and utter waste of time and money - but getting those 2 rides and 3 skates - clears the mind a bit and makes it worth it.

Easy come easy go, can't take it with ya as they say :)

True..

I am at 3km this year on the sled.. One loop around cottage, and one loop with my son on the back.  Almost no snow on the ground, lake is not safe..  Sigh..

Good news is sled started right up from storage..  Hoping to do a trip up north in a few weeks with my buddy, but that will most likely be the one and only time.. First year in a long time I haven't been able to access trails from the cottage.

Mike

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

Here is hoping Feb ends on a strong note and we have a good March without always driving 6 to 8 hours :cheers:

Yep.  Fingers crossed but todays weather has me wishing it were summer now.

My cost per km so far $$$$/0 = NaN

image.gif.cd05eca852ba517ec58b8bf7b9be3480.gif

• Haha 1

Ordered my oil change kit for my side by side in case we see a early spring 

FWIW, We've done 3 rides from the Paudash Clubhouse over the past week, including yesterday. Have only gone north(E) and east(E110) from there and 90+% of the trails were smooth and groomed. Even the road running was mostly tolerable(80+%) but you had to plan the road runs for the morning as everything was soft by the afternoon. Scratchers were needed but only ran one down on each sled and that was enough to keep them cool. Overall, there was a solid base and good snow depth on 90% of the trails so, imo, the current weather shouldn't do too much damage and the forecast now calls for 5-10cms Thurs night.

I believe the sun is doing more damage than the rain. The long range forecast looks cloudy, colder and snowier so that should help keep the trails from deteriorating any further and give the groomers a chance to catch up. 

Pic is from the 601/E intersection yesterday.

IMG_2287.JPG

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

FWIW, We've done 3 rides from the Paudash Clubhouse over the past week, including yesterday. Have only gone north(E) and east(E110) from there and 90+% of the trails were smooth and groomed. Even the road running was mostly tolerable(80+%) but you had to plan the road runs for the morning as everything was soft by the afternoon. Scratchers were needed but only ran one down on each sled and that was enough to keep them cool. Overall, there was a solid base and good snow depth on 90% of the trails so, imo, the current weather shouldn't do too much damage and the forecast now calls for 5-10cms Thurs night.

I believe the sun is doing more damage than the rain. The long range forecast looks cloudy, colder and snowier so that should help keep the trails from deteriorating any further and give the groomers a chance to catch up. 

Pic is from the 601/E intersection yesterday.

IMG_2287.JPG

damn that looks good!

8 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

damn that looks good!

It was good!!!..lol..  Saw less than 10 sleds all day yesterday!

Just wanted to show that it's not all doom and gloom out there and it's less than 2 hours from the GTA. 

Hang in there OCers!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

damn that looks good!

What until you have to go down some of road runs. No thanks. Reminds me of Huntsville area. Gravenhurst is bad too for road running unless you go out wharf and up lake to east side. Thick yesr not an option, I think east side and north side of park going to hold up into March for another ride. You in 😎. No long road runs if any that way that I can remember., if River still frozen. Just lakes on north end might not be safe but might get better with cold weather again . 

24 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

What until you have to go down some of road runs. No thanks. Reminds me of Huntsville area. Gravenhurst is bad too for road running unless you go out wharf and up lake to east side. Thick yesr not an option, I think east side and north side of park going to hold up into March for another ride. You in 😎. No long road runs if any that way that I can remember., if River still frozen. Just lakes on north end might not be safe but might get better with cold weather again . 

You got a son now man, you’re going to have to start setting a better positive example for him to look up too vs following the herd of negative sheep this world is full of :cheers:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Mr. Negativity indeed 

Yes but we took his advice and brought garbage bags lol. Like an umbrella   take it and it won't rain.   Ready to head out.  Noooo rain New Brunswick here we come 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I’m no stranger to long road runs, here in D9 there’s plenty of them haha! I think with the snow moving in tonight and some over the weekend, clubs will reopen for the weekend. Lots of them will be out assessing trails today. 
Wife and I actually booked the Edgewater in Kearney yesterday for Friday and Saturday night. 

The Rovers had their trails in really good shape before they shut them down 2 days ago. So hoping they’ll reopen for the weekend. If not, no worries. We’ll just hang out away from home…going to be a nice break from the toddler 🤣

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

There's not much road running up this way. Couple of areas around Harcourt and Wilberforce that I was willing to road run in the morning to get to the 601 but nothing long, max 1km and 80%+ was fine.

The 601 was worth it! Beautiful trail!

Most road running can be avoided if it's not to your liking. Choose your route accordingly. 

I suggest you grab a sled magazine and sit quietly down there in SW Ont and watch your grass grow.😉

Real men/women(the grownups), who are currently snowmobiling, are speaking here! Shhhh🤫

😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

trails from the Paudash clubhouse up to Lake St Peter were in great shape today! The road running was fine too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:50 AM, oldslowsledder said:

To add insult to injury this was just north of Alban yesterday morning, everything tightened up. Son and I did a 125km loop, trails were excellent. Saw two Moose and tracks everywhere

Alban north 2.jpg

I was in Alban last Saturday and the trails were mint! 220kms

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, barberch said:

trails from the Paudash clubhouse up to Lake St Peter were in great shape today! The road running was fine too!

Did you go straight up and back or did you do a loop? 

11 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I was in Alban last Saturday and the trails were mint! 220kms

Only 30 minutes from us but this is the first year we have explored the area, will definitely be back. Ate at DEE Dee's again in Alban, very impressed.

Unlikely our local trails will be any good even if they open. Our club, NEGB has not had a groomer all year, out for repairs last July and never returned. Carling groomer came up and packed them but they need more. Groomer operators are still pulling their hair out.

The only positive about this is son and I have started trailering to different spots and have experience some great and well maintained trail systems.  Really appreciate the effort put in by the clubs and volunteers 👍

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I’m in Nobel and have trailered most of this season. Why hasn’t the club asked the OFSC for a loaner from a southern club?

I believe it's their District office's issue to find a replacement.

7 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I’m in Nobel and have trailered most of this season. Why hasn’t the club asked the OFSC for a loaner from a southern club?

According to the main Groomer operator he has done everything he can to get a groomer here. They finally sent a loaner about a month ago, 3 hours later it got stuck and spit a track. He was promised another which was re-directed somewhere else. Last Thursday received a call from transport driver picking up Groomer at repair facility in Sudbury, said he'd be down in 2 hours. 

Two hours later driver called to tell him when they tried to load it only one side of the drive was working, so no go.

Thankfully Carling Club has helped as best as they can. Really feel sorry for the businesses taking a hit, Loggers Station house in Ardbeg and even the Shell in Pointe Au Baril as a few examples.

Trails are Red on ITG but lots of people riding them anyways

• Sad 2