SNOW

ToSlow

Hey BackSleddin, what part of London are you from?

vets and commish area... you

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vets and commish area... you

North, up by Masonville.

We should go out for a ride if we get any snow down here this year. Do you usually hook on to the trails near Thamesford?

North, up by Masonville.

We should go out for a ride if we get any snow down here this year. Do you usually hook on to the trails near Thamesford?

absolutely bud! and ya its the closest to me! nice sled BTW

That looks like a nice nice hole. Good work getting it out.

What the hell were those guys thinking? Barely enough snow for a snowmobile to be on and their out in their groomers...c'mon people use your heads!

So. Who got snow on friday.

gravenhurst got at least six inches of snow Friday, but there are no trails open due to our watery terrain

hope all fellow sledders are having a great time with the snow! i know the wetness blake is talking about! i did not get wet but there were ppl complaining about getting wet in HALI.... but throttle on!! lol

i cant wait till we get enough down here to ride.... i know that we need the cold snap that normally happens! wishing and praying we get both! as to the trails in SWO the ones ive seen have been marked.... signage is up! this is good news! means that our southern club is still in good shape! i know that you should buy where ya ride... and i do... i want to say that i would like to support more then one club, but lets be real its a costly endever to be sledding and traveling..... i just hope that going to a diffrent area and still spending my $ i would hope that whatever i spend at least helps the locals... grew up in a small town and i think its important to support local small business's i just hope that not buying other club permits is not frowned apon.... just sayin!

ive noticed that alot of ppl have multipul permits for that area... i seen that in hali when i was there..... i kinda am getting the impression im being an ass lol..... hope not!!!

this was just in my head.

Hello everyone. I signed on to OC last year but wasn't really around much. I'm from steel town. I've been doing a lot of reading since Dec on here and love all the information and how friendly everyone seems to be. I'm learning a lot about how the clubs work, how grooming gets done and what it really takes to make the trails happen. It's outstanding work that everyone involved does. Thank you all! Ive got a brand new machine waiting patiently to be broken in and I'm getting very antsy pacing around the house and ready to get out and go. Its good to see some people riding already. Have fun and double thumbs up to winter finally being here!!

Welcome FrostyTheSnowman

We went out today and did a re-route in belwood on my buddies property. Good day! Really nice base, just need some more snow!

Hi Frosty. Time to get out on that R-XC and put some miles on. We're riding the Forest on Wed. Come on up and then there will be 2 of us on R-XC's.

Hello everyone. I signed on to OC last year but wasn't really around much. I'm from steel town. I've been doing a lot of reading since Dec on here and love all the information and how friendly everyone seems to be. I'm learning a lot about how the clubs work, how grooming gets done and what it really takes to make the trails happen. It's outstanding work that everyone involved does. Thank you all! Ive got a brand new machine waiting patiently to be broken in and I'm getting very antsy pacing around the house and ready to get out and go. Its good to see some people riding already. Have fun and double thumbs up to winter finally being here!!

Hi Frosty... welcome... you're no different than a lot of us with new machines waiting to be broken in. The only thing I can suggest is don't rush it and end up beating your sled up on some rocks or burying it in a swamp. Be patient it will come. Or find a rail trail to ride that should be in pretty good shape.

I see Markdale to Owen Sound rail line opened up now too.  :woot:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I know there are lots of guys just like me down here with new machines waiting to try em out. I'm def not going to abuse my sled and rush it. I think we will fair well in the south since it's getting cold, things are freezing up and the snow WILL happen soon. We are lucky that there aren't as many lakes and such that need to be frozen. 

Hey JR! I haven't even fired the sled up again since I brought it home in Oct. It's ready to go though. 

I see Markdale to Owen Sound rail line opened up now too.  :woot:

well i'm in mount forest and there is no more then 1 to 2 inches on the ground, so i really think  that the rail line wouldn't have much on it and will be gravel before long

well i'm in mount forest and there is no more then 1 to 2 inches on the ground, so i really think that the rail line wouldn't have much on it and will be gravel before long

There's a solid base in belwood with about an inch of fluff on top. Studs would tear it up though...

Is it represented in inches on the right hand column or cms?

The weather sucks. Forecasting mild temps and 5 days above zero starting on Wednesday. Maybe even rain for Saturday high of 5 C. Another setback for southern clubs. Good news is we don't have good trails to melt away. Real cold is coming mid Jan. Looks like a realistic opening is late Jan to early feb.

Snowin good now, hopefully it keeps going!

Environment Canada's long range for the week is saying highs of around 1 degree for most of southern Ontario and only for a day or so. Possibility of snow next Saturday and not rain. Evening lows should keep things in check for the week.

Archived