SNOW

ToSlow

Yup, we should be ok

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Frosty. Time to get out on that R-XC and put some miles on. We're riding the Forest on Wed. Come on up and then there will be 2 of us on R-XC's.

I would love to! I will need to see what this week holds for me work wise. If I can I will see if I can get a couple others to go. That way 3 of us can load up in 1 truck. Make for a better 3.5 hr drive then on my own as well.

I would love to! I will need to see what this week holds for me work wise. If I can I will see if I can get a couple others to go. That way 3 of us can load up in 1 truck. Make for a better 3.5 hr drive then on my own as well.

Doing the run from Whitney over to Barrys Bay tomorrow. Let me know anytime you're up in the Hali/Minden area and we can get a ride in.

Doing the run from Whitney over to Barrys Bay tomorrow. Let me know anytime you're up in the Hali/Minden area and we can get a ride in.

That would be great! For the first ride I've been hoping that a few more trails within a couple hrs of here open up throughout the week and I can give the sled its first shake down and make sure it's all tight with no issues. Do any track adj etc then head north if it's still limited in the next few weeks from Collingwood and to the south. Depending on conditions still up there I would prob choose to go the extra miles to Barry's bay for an over nighter. Seems like the logical thing to do if I'm going to dr 3.5 hrs anyhow. I'll let you know when I can get up that way and we can ride. I know a few people in Kinmount I'd like to drop in and say hi to and an old employer/friend has a place in Halliburton as well. I'll make it that way this year for sure.

Pics from today here in Apsley:

post-19781-0-91111800-1452288284_thumb.jpgpost-19781-0-15916100-1452288309_thumb.jpg

On Weds' I hiked in a stretch of SLSR #747 to check the trail condition. Snow cover looked OK where there was no evergreen overhead, I would think in stretches west of here in some hemlock stands the snow would be thinner.

post-19781-0-01885600-1452288459_thumb.jpg

Anybody know how much snow mactier has?

Anybody know how much snow mactier has?

not enough.... lots of rock to cover up

Man, I thought forsure north of Barrie would be good by now...usually is. Thanks guys

rain on the weekend here in   the skokes ,but lots of snow coming mid week i hear ,going off trail soon as it lands thats all i know 

Ya I heard the same. Supposed to drop pretty good in less than a day! And hopefully she stays down!

Ya I heard the same. Supposed to drop pretty good in less than a day! And hopefully she stays down!

Not dropping until Sunday night into Monday morning! Forecast has allot of rain, which will thaw the ground right back out again. We need cold again to freeze it back up so snow will stay. Hopefully next week is better, still don't like long range, maybe it will change and that big golf storm will cone as snow later in the week. Keep your fingers and toes crossed!

Ya that's when I was referring to...start of next week. Just watched TWN and they're saying a nor'easter is supposed to be coming down from the North Pole. They said it won't bring a lot of snow because it's dry air, but he did say "the lakes are open" and it will produce good SW lake effect snow. Just perfect!!! This is supposed to be happening Tuesday.

Snowing in Apsley right now. Hopefully the warm temps/wet precip is short lived over the weekend.

6 INCHES ?!?  WTF ?  We only got about maybe 3, and one inch of that melted !!!  We got a good 2 inches though, enough for a spin on the old yellow beaters.  Hope we get more over the weekend, like, enough to be useful for grooming ....

Talk about a Debbie Downer:

Already have 400miles on neer Whitney with this rain the little base they had will b gone may as well fog the sleds and put them away for this season. Any ice in the lakes will be melted now too

Posted as a comment/reply on a club's Faceplant page.

It's comin!

Just got the gear ready to go out and remove about 8 downed trees on AD but starting to rain hard. We packed north of The Portage yesterday but didn't bring chainsaw which was a mistake.

That's rain ?  Yikes ... it's gonna be ugly when the cold hits you guys in a few hours ..... get your vehicles loaded with provisions if you travel ....

EDIT ... .just looked at your forecast .... gonna be rain until TOMORROW, THEN it's gonna freeze .... ugly just the same .... sorry about your luck Brian ....

That's rain ?  Yikes ... it's gonna be ugly when the cold hits you guys in a few hours ..... get your vehicles loaded with provisions if you travel ....

EDIT ... .just looked at your forecast .... gonna be rain until TOMORROW, THEN it's gonna freeze .... ugly just the same .... sorry about your luck Brian ....

Same here in the south and east... 25-45mm of rain tonight and tomorrow with temps around the +7c mark. Then Monday things start to cool off. But looking at the 14 day, it's showing -6 and sunny until the end of the month. Good weather for ski hills to make snow, but sucks for sledding.... Looks like January is a wash, hopefully February brings something....

Same here in the south and east... 25-45mm of rain tonight and tomorrow with temps around the +7c mark. Then Monday things start to cool off. But looking at the 14 day, it's showing -6 and

sunny until the end of the month. Good weather

for ski hills to make snow, but sucks for

sledding.... Looks like January is a wash,

hopefully February brings something....

Later next week there is a big golf storm moving east. Track looks like it will hit southern Ontario. If we are on the wrong side of the jet stream, it is going to be another big rain event. Lees hope it comes as snow. That storm will make or break rest of Jan for us. Cross your fingers!

I just heard from a guy that he's been hearing lots of rumours of 6' of snow next week from that nor'easter. I guess we'll find out...

I just heard from a guy that he's been hearing lots of rumours of 6' of snow next week from that nor'easter. I guess we'll find out...

Great to hear! Fingers crossed.

Archived