2025 predictions

Sledguy74

I spoke to two dealers today and there are zero incentives on spring order 2024s from BRP

I went online and priced a 2025 and its the same as the 24

Just now, RAMSOMAIR said:

I spoke to two dealers today and there are zero incentives on spring order 2024s from BRP

Right now ya

I will use my sons dirt bike as an example.

We were looking for lightly used cause I did not want to break the bank.

found a non-current 2023 that the manu put a 3500 rebate on, plus dealer gave another 500.00

It was a no brainer

2023 got a lot of upgrades over the 2022, 2024/2025 very few changes from 2023.

there was no need to go current model year or used at that point.

Doesn’t matter if I buy new or used as long as nobody tells my wife whatever I buy or order or actually spend on this hobby i will live to see another day!

Whats the Farmers Almanac say for next winter?

• Haha 6

Rockland Wheels up near Ottawa is offering a 5 year warranty on non-current Arctic Cat sleds.

For example:

2024 Arctic Cat Riot 600 146/1.75 with 5 Year Warranty | Snowmobiles | Ottawa | Kijiji

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It would depend on the sled I was buying. I'm only buying 4 strokes at this point so I wouldn't care whether it was 1 year or 4.

If I was buying a boosted 2-stroke, I'd probably want all the warranty I could get.

You spelled luck wrong

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

Rockland Wheels up near Ottawa is offering a 5 year warranty on non-current Arctic Cat sleds.

For example:

2024 Arctic Cat Riot 600 146/1.75 with 5 Year Warranty | Snowmobiles | Ottawa | Kijiji

They are buying an aftermarket warranty.

13 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

I think it depends on the sled. I personally wouldnt own an 850 without warranty. So its a tough resale. 600's i would buy/own without warranty, same with a 4 stroke. My 17 cat was a discounted left over with 1 year warranty and my 20 skidoo was a left over msrp with 2 years warranty. No trouble reselling them without warranty. Right now i'd be lucky to get $9k for my 23. Yikes. Market reactions will depend on if there's snow on the ground come next season too. Im waiting it out till the fall to make a move on a leftover 24. 

9k from dealer? 

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Its a firesale out there right now

Down ward pressure on prices but I haven't seen any killer deals. Sleds deprecate whether they are driven or not. Just afraid to buy a new one and half value dispears in two years 😮

• Like 2

Buy for the now enjoyment, not the future......its a toy to have fun, not an investment.

Assume loses, if you cannot stomach that, move on.

• Like 10

Wont see any OEM incentives until all the snow checks are over. They don't want to jeopardize they 2025 orders. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Down ward pressure on prices but I haven't seen any killer deals. Sleds deprecate whether they are driven or not. Just afraid to buy a new one and half value dispears in two years 😮

I saw a 2023 Backcountry XRS 850 2023 for sale on FB for 14800 yesterday.

4 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I saw a 2023 Backcountry XRS 850 2023 for sale on FB for 14800 yesterday.

Thats all it is worth IMO.    G4s are starting to become less desirable now that the G5 has been out for 2 seasons.  

From today onwards, you need to buy something based on the machine being another year older as you wont be able to use it until next season anyhow.      

2022 Backcountry 850 XRS were selling for $14900 back in Nov .     That 23 is only worth that next fall.     

I wouldnt bother tying up the money today unless I was buying something like that for $13K max.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Thats all it is worth IMO.    G4s are starting to become less desirable now that the G5 has been out for 2 seasons.  

From today onwards, you need to buy something based on the machine being another year older as you wont be able to use it until next season anyhow.      

2022 Backcountry 850 XRS were selling for $14900 back in Nov .     That 23 is only worth that next fall.     

I wouldnt bother tying up the money today unless I was buying something like that for $13K max.   

Exactly, why buy now and have your money tied up? I would expect a killer deal if I were to buy right now

• Like 2

Skidoo is offering $1k off 24’s right now, along with “special financing” or an extended warranty. Not enough to entice me…

1 minute ago, Baylaker said:

Skidoo is offering $1k off 24’s right now, along with “special financing” or an extended warranty 

They do not want to take a bloodbath either. 

Dealers are going to suffer.  12% on floor plan.  Plus reduced profit if they have to offer a discount.  

I wonder if a dealer would prefer you buy a leftover 2024 at discount or Snowcheck a 2025?

How firm will manufacturers be on forcing inventory on dealers?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Skidoo is offering $1k off 24’s right now, along with “special financing” or an extended warranty. Not enough to entice me…

Not even close to enough.

Now, the dealer could add on top of that - but not a lot - since they don't have a lot of room in them anyway.

Manu's need to step up or they'll be following Yamaha within 5 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

They do not want to take a bloodbath either. 

Dealers are going to suffer.  12% on floor plan.  Plus reduced profit if they have to offer a discount.  

I wonder if a dealer would prefer you buy a leftover 2024 at discount or Snowcheck a 2025?

How firm will manufacturers be on forcing inventory on dealers?

I would say the leftover 2024. They're paying interest on it.

Also hurt new sales when left-overs are around.

When I picked up my sons dirt bike - the dealer mentioned he was happy to see the left-overs go - but in the same breath said the massive incentives from the manu. were killing their ability to sell anything used - so he wanted the left-overs on that particular deal gone gone gone

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Unless you are taking delivery/paying in full for the machine, they want you to order the 25.    

Guys i ride with 3 of them just ordered new 25 skidoos and got a helluva deal from the sales guy . .. 

There are deals to be had out there right now .. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Just received a quote from a QC dealer $3500 off a 24 900 XRS full jam sled that listed at $26,800.

Automotive Paquin Ltee Saint Bruno -de-Guigues ?