Weather

39 minutes ago, Wildman said:

Those tires don't typically go as many miles as one would expect. I sell quite a few Toyo Open Country AT3, good wear and smooth. Doesn't hurt to look.

sounds like you know more than me but i get great miles out of the BFG. not as good as the michelin ltx but not far off either

48 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

sounds like you know more than me but i get great miles out of the BFG. not as good as the michelin ltx but not far off either

LTX are a great smooth tire.

Glad I still have my snows on for travel the next few days. Looking out the window and streets are covered, salts getting laid down and sidewalk plows are getting to it. Below freezing until sunday. Main roads will be fine, but I travel rural side roads to much for summer tires. As the frost leaves the gravel they get destroyed. Add some snow and a freeze and they get outright dangerous. My ol' work van looks like it got dunked in a cement mixer some days. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

They are ok tire. Many better choices out there now? Light truck tires are better suited to trucks. 

They were better than okay for us.

Rode well, quiet, good grip and wear was excellent, always over 100k on them.

are there better tires?  Of course there are, just like there are better vehicles than the ones I was driving with them too.

In my opinion the Michelin LTX was the best tire I have ever had on a truck for overall use, was great in snow, quiet, ran well over 100,000 kms on my old ecoboost (which were hard on tires) and were smooth on the highway.

Only thing I didn't like is they don't have that aggressive look. Which the BFG's do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

In my opinion the Michelin LTX was the best tire I have ever had on a truck for overall use, was great in snow, quiet, ran well over 100,000 kms on my old ecoboost (which were hard on tires) and were smooth on the highway.

Only thing I didn't like is they don't have that aggressive look. Which the BFG's do. 

I'll second that.  Great tire!!!

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:09 AM, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Best tire I found for pickups.  I ran them all on a fleet of 20 vehicles and they were everyones favourite and always the longest lasting.  Granted that was 5 years ago now, so maybe there is something better, but I just put a new set on my personal truck and am still very happy with them.

• Like 2

My  Silverado came with Duratrac, put 85K on em, way too noisy, glad to wear them out

Tire rotation is key to any tire, especially a tire that has an aggressive or semi-aggressive tread pattern. 
On my second set of Duratrac tires, first set had 100k.

I’ve had good luck with them so far. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, signfan said:

I'll second that.  Great tire!!!

x3

Wish I stayed with Michelin LTX

On 3/24/2024 at 8:48 PM, burndog said:

My  Silverado came with Duratrac, put 85K on em, way too noisy, glad to wear them out

My chum had a Jeep pick-up in high skewl. Straight 6 with Desert Dogs.

Those tires are so loud, that he lost his muffler on the way to skewl one day, and didn't know it 'till he got there.

Found it on the way home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Went by Mount St. Louis/Moonstone on Sunday - sure looked like the hills had plenty of white on them for skiing

8 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Went by Mount St. Louis/Moonstone on Sunday - sure looked like the hills had plenty of white on them for skiing

Is it still open?    I assumed that most ski hills closed down already?

It will have snow on it until May and often small patches are still visible into early June.   

Skied there on Friday with the family, conditions were great, good temps and fresh snow all day.  We didn’t see any brown patches, bonus day out for us, nice to have one more “winter” day.  My little guy took to skiing well this season, no issues making it down the bunny hill without falling.  He’ll be 3 in June.  My wife’s in for some competition next season.  
74BEB374-E084-4FA1-8A56-B91AA878C4E2.thumb.jpeg.7e05729494dbabc451a431d67fe75663.jpegC78D2155-6DDC-4D64-8960-9E9603E02DDC.thumb.jpeg.6080187e75a3eff70ce839bea7f73af5.jpegE7121265-BABC-49E4-BCBA-13A5214894A3.thumb.jpeg.517731ba3cd7908c4379d44f199efde8.jpegE833C06A-3DF3-4CB8-9052-8D8040D0D5B4.thumb.jpeg.be6875df320778171643f8e5b15971bc.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

Skied there on Friday with the family, conditions were great, good temps and fresh snow all day.  We didn’t see any brown patches, bonus day out for us, nice to have one more “winter” day.  My little guy took to skiing well this season, no issues making it down the bunny hill without falling.  He’ll be 3 in June.  My wife’s in for some competition next season.  
74BEB374-E084-4FA1-8A56-B91AA878C4E2.thumb.jpeg.7e05729494dbabc451a431d67fe75663.jpegC78D2155-6DDC-4D64-8960-9E9603E02DDC.thumb.jpeg.6080187e75a3eff70ce839bea7f73af5.jpegE7121265-BABC-49E4-BCBA-13A5214894A3.thumb.jpeg.517731ba3cd7908c4379d44f199efde8.jpegE833C06A-3DF3-4CB8-9052-8D8040D0D5B4.thumb.jpeg.be6875df320778171643f8e5b15971bc.jpeg

Very nice.

Reminds me of taking my kids when they were three, surprising how well they do at that age.

Under three is pretty impressive though! 

I could not last on the bunny hills all day, so I asked the staff if I could take them up the lifts to bigger hills, susprised that I could, so off we went and did not have return to bunny hill until they were 6 and had to earn their stripe to move on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Very nice.

Reminds me of taking my kids when they were three, surprising how well they do at that age.

Under three is pretty impressive though! 

I could not last on the bunny hills all day, so I asked the staff if I could take them up the lifts to bigger hills, susprised that I could, so off we went and did not have return to bunny hill until they were 6 and had to earn their stripe to move on. 

The bunny hill does make for a long day, I tried to get a few runs in here and there throughout day to split it up.  It is surprising how well the little ones do, the lack of fear, or feeling of pain definitely helps.  Some of the most fun he had was falling and being covered in snow, and laughing his butt off.  

• Like 1

A Colorado low will/won’t/might bring snow to the Whitney area this week. Frustrating to see at the end of the sled season. 
331FF76E-1475-40CE-BF63-ACFB4254965B.thumb.jpeg.f4cdd6edb17e29188240b818379bfd8f.jpeg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

A Colorado low will/won’t/might bring snow to the Whitney area this week. Frustrating to see at the end of the sled season. 
331FF76E-1475-40CE-BF63-ACFB4254965B.thumb.jpeg.f4cdd6edb17e29188240b818379bfd8f.jpeg

Supposed to be dam near province wide.

Was just talking to my steel salesman in Chi-Town a bit ago.

He said they were getting snow, and he's sending it our way.