Weather

We cottage near singhampton. Our base (like in the pics) is about 8-12" of concrete. If we could just get a solid 12" of new snow we would be 'off to the races'. 

Seems like a big ask this year.........

MS

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Cat just released their 25’s and all the pricing. Crazy pricing lol.

Crazy pricing doesn’t even justify the stupidity…. T Cat is $28.4k pre tax before any other charges or add ons.  Over $32k plus out the door.  Insane.  I bought mine in February of 2019, granted it was mid season but with the discounts that year this is almost double what I paid. Fortunately for me the miles are low and all preventative maintenance items have been completed so no need for a new one.   A SxS for $15-20k is looking more and more appealing each day.  Family fun at the cottage that can be used 10-12 months a year.

88153426-BFDE-482D-BD0B-F5911A3A7FF2.thumb.png.1c673c04cde98172daf9676124208ec3.png

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

Crazy pricing doesn’t even justify the stupidity…. T Cat is $28.4k pre tax before any other charges or add ons.  Over $32k plus out the door.  Insane.  I bought mine in February of 2019, granted it was mid season but with the discounts that year this is almost double what I paid. Fortunately for me the miles are low and all preventative maintenance items have been completed so no need for a new one.   A SxS for $15-20k is looking more and more appealing each day.  Family fun at the cottage that can be used 10-12 months a year.

88153426-BFDE-482D-BD0B-F5911A3A7FF2.thumb.png.1c673c04cde98172daf9676124208ec3.png

Ya I saw that too, it’s stupid no doubt. 
My wife and I have talked about a SXS, they are definitely worth the money if you have it. 
I’m waiting to see what skidoo & Polaris have to offer. Wife wants another sled and we’re leaning towards skidoo. Cat & Yamaha are out of the question though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Wanna bet the 2025 SRX is going to be $29,999?

Or more

ride this for 25 k for 9 months of the year, also have a blast on my skandic out back but this weather is a bummer so far

Screenshot_20240130-185412.png

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Wanna bet the 2025 SRX is going to be $29,999?

Not sure which is more appropriate?  😄 or 🥲

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Anal Rape.png

Just falling in line with BRP pricing

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Just falling in line with BRP pricing

Is it - does a 2-stroke DOO or POO cost that much?

I can look it up, just not sure right now.

Regardless, and to sound like the broken record, just insane.....but some will buy, maybe not as many in the next year of course based on the banner season upon us.....

Talk about horrible timing for Cat to release the new engine in the new chassis!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

And this is part of why Yamaha bowed out. Sleds just not worth it anymore. Unfortunately snowmobiling is a dying sport 

If snowmobiling is dying maybe they should bring fatest sleds to market yet. 
let me burn rubber and skis at 175 mph 😎. It is a bird or a plane no it's strong farmer  on a 2025 Polaris storm  1283 cc 😎 Anyone  listening 😆

6 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

If snowmobiling is dying maybe they should bring fatest sleds to market yet. 
let me burn rubber and skis at 175 mph 😎. It is a bird or a plane no it's strong farmer  on a 2025 Polaris storm  1283 cc 😎 Anyone  listening 😆

You don't get out much do you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, stoney said:

Is it - does a 2-stroke DOO or POO cost that much?

I can look it up, just not sure right now.

Regardless, and to sound like the broken record, just insane.....but some will buy, maybe not as many in the next year of course based on the banner season upon us.....

Talk about horrible timing for Cat to release the new engine in the new chassis!

Sledding has gotten so far away from its grass roots that is not even funny.

it has now become a recreational hobby for the elite.

i am 48 and have never not owned a sled, they have been in our family since before I was born.

at those prices,  and given the shift in availability of conditions, I won’t be buying another one.

there is just way too many other enjoyable things to do out there for a lot less and that are not dependent on weather.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

i am 48 and have never not owned a sled, they have been in our family since before I was born.

at those prices,  and given the shift in availability of conditions, I won’t be buying another one.

there is just way too many other enjoyable things to do out there for a lot less and that are not dependent on weather.

As much as I like sledding dollar for dollar this is where my money will go.

What are you waiting for?. Bunch of us up there ride now.

61iHRK9jtAL._AC_SX425_.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

As much as I like sledding dollar for dollar this is where my money will go.

What are you waiting for?. Bunch of us up there ride now.

61iHRK9jtAL._AC_SX425_.jpg

1 or 2 more hockey seasons to go and then it will be my time.

i bet riding around up there is incredible.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

1 or 2 more hockey seasons to go and then it will be my time.

i bet riding around up there is incredible.

Understandable

Its pretty good. Potholes are wonderful when you find one.

New sled prices to me just doesnt make sense anymore .I will keep mine going for now and keep a eye on used prices .I can still enjoy trails without breaking the bank .I bought a used atv this summer and rode it more this winter than my sled .

• Like 4

Unless I win the lottery, I don't see myself buying a new sled anymore.  Keep the eyes peeled for a good used one and save half the money of new.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Unless I win the lottery, I don't see myself buying a new sled anymore.  Keep the eyes peeled for a good used one and save half the money of new.

I said that after I bought a leftover Yamaha Vector in July of 2012 LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

New Atv will by my next upgrade, no need for another new sled this one will last with these winters 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Yep, have to agree.

Reading the other posts above, looks grim, but we are all, or mostly all looking out at green grass at the end of Jan with minimal yellow or green trails - funny how our minds can swing when conditions are different, assuming things actually get better.

Need to rationalize what makes sense for each and go with it.

I try to be optimistic about things, but that is hard this year....atleast regarding this activity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stoney said:

Yep, have to agree.

Reading the other posts above, looks grim, but we are all, or mostly all looking out at green grass at the end of Jan with minimal yellow or green trails - funny how our minds can swing when conditions are different, assuming things actually get better.

Need to rationalize what makes sense for each and go with it.

I try to be optimistic about things, but that is hard this year....atleast regarding this activity.

If all that rain was snow and stay cold. We still be digging out today 😆. We be like half way heaven throwing in towel because of too much snow to clear 😆
Still time for one big mega storm I take it but please no rain 12 hours later 🙏
Amen 

A quick search of the globe shows a grim reality,  the only cold weather is in Nunavut  now and the foreseeable future.

I gotta believe these chemclouds are not helping with what we are look for as in a normal winter. You really have to wonder why weather forecasts are off even further then normal. There are reasons,  it's just dependent on accepting those reasons. image.thumb.jpeg.6a67ef1c4c530a0ea0bff266220297d6.jpeg

• Like 2