Price gouging for Premium fuel

Candubrain

Just paid 4.49 per us gallon for it today. 1.64/litre really isnt too bad. (I cant believe I typed that). should be a lot cheaper for all of us. there should be no road tax etc... on it.  Ski

I was at Canadian Tire Gasbar in the Sault today.  The price spread was .22 cents from 87 to 91.  The premium has no ethanol at that particular station.  The price spread at Shell was 35 cents.  Quite a contrast.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Went to Orillia yesterday, saw a high of $1.42 down to $1.31 along the way. Seems most are now around the $1.32 for Regular.

By next summer it be 1.80 a litre. I figutre we see two bucks in next few years on gas. Then everyone will run and buy ev’s. Many ev manufeactures have a wait list now 😆. Some are up to 4 years long I was told. I asked if I could put my name on that list too and they said no lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Evs are great if you live down south, chargers everywhere, not so much up here.

The fiberals want ev sales to double by 2026, need infrastructure to increase sales.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Eva have stalled. 100s sitting on lots that aren’t selling. 

Depends what you are after. I went to inquire on a rav 4 plug in hybred. Plug it in , charge it up and when battery dies, it drives like a normal car. Wait list was 4 years long the guy, didn’t want to even bother putting any more names on list 😆. Maybe Toyota will ramp up production to meet demand 🤷🏽‍♂️

We seriously looked at buying a EV this past August as our 14 yr old Honda was getting tired.   We ended up buying another 4 cylinder. instead

Here's why

• That 400km range in real life is about 150km in winter, because of pushing through slush and snow plus defrost and heating the cabin drain on the battery
  • One particular brand required you to change the drive motor(s) coolant every 15,000km plus the filter every 30,000kms.  I guarantee that change will be more than any regular oil change
  • EV's burn through tires quicker plus they use a heavy duty tire which is more expensive
  • Several states in the US charge a yearly fee to make up the revenue loss of fuel sales that are used to maintain the roads.   It's either Utah or Colorado puts a GPS unit in your EV and you are charge 1.3cents per mile.   Saskatchewan has adopted a yearly fee
  • Battery technology is changing very quickly.   Guarantee that you'll get nothing for your trade in 5 yrs as it's old tech and nobody wants it.    Thats why you see so many Nissan Leafs sitting on the lots.....a good vehicle.....but old tech no one wants
  • Broken, busy and wide spread of charging areas, especially if you live in a rural area 
  • Battery efficiency drops yearly....say goodbye to your 400km range

If I lived in an urban area, then an EV as a second vehicle makes sense.   For me my 58mpg on the highway vehicle  makes more sense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, coldfinger said:

My daughter order a Rav 4 hybred  wait time 7 months,  

LMAO.....but, but.....

Maybe there are different models effecting wait times, but 7 months to 4 years, that is rediculous!

7 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

We seriously looked at buying a EV this past August as our 14 yr old Honda was getting tired.   We ended up buying another 4 cylinder. instead

Here's why

• That 400km range in real life is about 150km in winter, because of pushing through slush and snow plus defrost and heating the cabin drain on the battery
  • One particular brand required you to change the drive motor(s) coolant every 15,000km plus the filter every 30,000kms.  I guarantee that change will be more than any regular oil change
  • EV's burn through tires quicker plus they use a heavy duty tire which is more expensive
  • Several states in the US charge a yearly fee to make up the revenue loss of fuel sales that are used to maintain the roads.   It's either Utah or Colorado puts a GPS unit in your EV and you are charge 1.3cents per mile.   Saskatchewan has adopted a yearly fee
  • Battery technology is changing very quickly.   Guarantee that you'll get nothing for your trade in 5 yrs as it's old tech and nobody wants it.    Thats why you see so many Nissan Leafs sitting on the lots.....a good vehicle.....but old tech no one wants
  • Broken, busy and wide spread of charging areas, especially if you live in a rural area 
  • Battery efficiency drops yearly....say goodbye to your 400km range

If I lived in an urban area, then an EV as a second vehicle makes sense.   For me my 58mpg on the highway vehicle  makes more sense.

Very logical - I wonder if the sales man provides this very informative perspective.....lol

Two co-workers got new Escape Hybrids

Both are in the shop - one has been in there for 14 weeks - no resolution as of yet.

No thanks

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Today I see every station is back up to $1.45…..lol

I have accepted that the new normal is $1.50/ so let’s just set it and forget it already.

Just got some for 1.41.3 at King & Ottawa. Up 2 cents since yesterday.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Today I see every station is back up to $1.45…..lol

I have accepted that the new normal is $1.50/ so let’s just set it and forget it already.

Paid 1:31 last night.

• Like 1

I see on the news tonight the liberals want 100% of new vehicle sales to be electric by 2035

we are in need of a government change ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

I see on the news tonight the liberals want 100% of new vehicle sales to be electric by 2035

we are in need of a government change ! 

Yup  that’s ok. Can’t wait until everyone plugs these in and programs to charge at 7:01 pm to take advantage of cheap power 😆.  Lights out trudope 😆

With 1.2 to 1.5 million people coming to Canada in 2023 and the strain / drain on our current infrastructure and housing I would not expect the power grid to magically get in any better condition to support an additional 1 million or whatever the number of electric cars anytime soon.

Not only will we need infrastructure for new electric vehicles but also the added vehicles that the new immigrants will require and also the power and grid to supply the new homes to house all the new population.   

As our current government has not approved or started the process for new power plants or dams I would be guessing any switch to electric vehicles will not be possible   Unless new electric vehicle technology greatly improves.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sksman said:

With 1.2 to 1.5 million people coming to Canada in 2023 and the strain / drain on our current infrastructure and housing I would not expect the power grid to magically get in any better condition to support an additional 1 million or whatever the number of electric cars anytime soon.

Not only will we need infrastructure for new electric vehicles but also the added vehicles that the new immigrants will require and also the power and grid to supply the new homes to house all the new population.   

As our current government has not approved or started the process for new power plants or dams I would be guessing any switch to electric vehicles will not be possible   Unless new electric vehicle technology greatly improves.   

It is just another liberal dream that caters to a group that want this, to stay in their good books, or at least try......they think Canadians care more about the enviroment than the current liberals in power making coutless mistakes costing huge....

I think the majority care, but understand there is a balance that needs to be considered, not just do stupid wasted money things because it is "good" for us.....

As mentioned on more than on occasions, where does Canada fall again as top poluters in the world and what impact are we going to make in the grand scheme.....does not mean do nothing, but be realistic.

• Like 2

Apparently we are one of the worst, when you look at carbon output per person v/s carbon output per country.    Makes sense though, nothing is close by, we need a vehicle, we need heat in the winter, and because of our small  population we cannot support mass transit like there is in Europe.

As far as our electrical issues, you can thank Mike Harris, former PC premier of Ontario for breaking up Ontario Hydro, stopping new builds and catering to the Bay St Boys.  Katherine Wynne was coo coo for coco puffs.    Dougy....well he's just Dougy.  Truedope has nothing to do with Ontario's electrical issues......but I agree it's time for a change.....just don't know if Pee Pee will be any good, or just a point and blame sort of guy.    Singh would bankrupt the county within a year......ok....I promise not to get on my soap box and rant about politics for the rest of the year

Just did a search and the results are below from two sources.....seems Canada is not too bad!

1. China, with more than 10,065 million tons of CO2 released.
  2. United States, with 5,416 million tons of CO2
  3. India, with 2,654 million tons of CO2
  4. Russia, with 1,711 million tons of CO2
  5. Japan, 1,162 million tons of CO2
  6. Germany, 759 million tons of CO2
  7. Iran, 720 million tons of CO2
  8. South Korea, 659 million tons of CO2
  9. Saudi Arabia, 621 million tons of CO2
  10. Indonesia, 615 million tons of CO2

IMG_4698.thumb.jpg.bf8e7868d46f0a05498b504e94dcb73e.jpg

Sorry, we are if you look at per capita.   We are worse than China

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 13.13.41.png