Clean Fuel Standard

signfan

Im not sure if you guys recall this event but there was serious farming issues and protests going on 15 years back or so. One farmer took a ton of corn and dumped it out at queens park. IIRC he said that ton of corn sold for $70.00 bulk and we were paying Michigan over $100.00 per ton to take our garbage. It was an eye opener. Coincidentally not long after that we began ethanol production in earnest.

Its ridiculous that we are forced out of the choice when so many uses of straight petrol are far superior for reliability, safety, and longevity. Ethanol laced fuels in non ethanol capable engines makes for a lot of premature failures and wasted time, pleasure, and all sorts of additional work and money to resolve. Lots of wasted carbon in that work and replacement vehicles, parts and so on.

It's a hard sell for me to believe 10% ethanol in our fuel adds up to any significant improvement in emission reduction. It does add up to significant problems with a large part of the vehicles and equipment we all use though. For the flex fuel cars sure its solid. To remove the choice at the pump is dumb big brother crap

• Thanks 1

Yep, sounds like providing both options to allow us the consumer decide what we want to do - not once again be forced for some to use something that may not be first, second, third, etc…choice. 
Funny enough, that’s how it used to be not so long ago - hmmm, wonder what changed…..

3 hours ago, crispy said:

Im not sure if you guys recall this event but there was serious farming issues and protests going on 15 years back or so. One farmer took a ton of corn and dumped it out at queens park. IIRC he said that ton of corn sold for $70.00 bulk and we were paying Michigan over $100.00 per ton to take our garbage. It was an eye opener. Coincidentally not long after that we began ethanol production in earnest.

Its ridiculous that we are forced out of the choice when so many uses of straight petrol are far superior for reliability, safety, and longevity. Ethanol laced fuels in non ethanol capable engines makes for a lot of premature failures and wasted time, pleasure, and all sorts of additional work and money to resolve. Lots of wasted carbon in that work and replacement vehicles, parts and so on.

It's a hard sell for me to believe 10% ethanol in our fuel adds up to any significant improvement in emission reduction. It does add up to significant problems with a large part of the vehicles and equipment we all use though. For the flex fuel cars sure its solid. To remove the choice at the pump is dumb big brother crap

E plants don’t use food grade corn. They usually use down graded stuff. So it gives us farmers a market for sub quality corn that would either need to be slowly blended with top quality corn to be useable.
Sometimes bushel weights so low you end up with x amount of poor quality corn and don’t have enough top grade to blend. Blend too much top graded stuff gets down graded too. easier to just sent to e plant and get paid a decent price, then everyone wins. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the ethanol gas BUT there is no doubt in my mind that more than normal climate change is real and that the world's people are responsible for that additional change. I believe that unless we can get the major polluting nations of the world (like China for example) on board not much will change enough to make the world a healthy place for my grandchildren and their children to live out their lives. The ethanol movement is a small part but hopefully all the small parts together will make an appreciable difference. The issues with ethanol are really nothing in the big picture.  JMHO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm not a fan of the ethanol gas BUT there is no doubt in my mind that more than normal climate change is real and that the world's people are responsible for that additional change. I believe that unless we can get the major polluting nations of the world (like China for example) on board not much will change enough to make the world a healthy place for my grandchildren and their children to live out their lives. The ethanol movement is a small part but hopefully all the small parts together will make an appreciable difference. The issues with ethanol are really nothing in the big picture.  JMHO

Some of it is a natural warming cycle too. Sun burns hotter as it ages. Change is evident over last 30 years. Western snow belt in south Ontario isn’t getting snow like it use too, because of slightly warmer air temperatures I believe. Storm comes in just warm enough to change it to rain on us.  Last January a good example of this. 
evem if we change our habits earth still going to warm. Go to airport and look at all planes coming and going change is hard.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Change for many people is hard to deal with.

I would be in the top of that heap LOL but when it comes to affecting my families future then I can force myself to try harder.

Was boating today on Canal Lake on the Trent system and while cruising by Sunset Cove Marina I noticed their fuel pump with a big NON ETHANOL label on the pump.  Old label I am not sure.  Would I head there for gas to stockpile?   I am not sure hom big their fuel tanks are and how often they turn their inventory.

Will I fill the boat there before storage this year?  Quite possible   

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Was boating today on Canal Lake on the Trent system and while cruising by Sunset Cove Marina I noticed their fuel pump with a big NON ETHANOL label on the pump.  Old label I am not sure.  Would I head there for gas to stockpile?   I am not sure hom big their fuel tanks are and how often they turn their inventory.

Will I fill the boat there before storage this year?  Quite possible   

Not so sure it is e free. Maybe owners of marina aren’t  aware there might be e in gas now. I looked up Sunoco and e free fuel they advertise is 95 optima sold in cans. Say it’s great for small equipment and boat storage etc. You have to go back and fill a 10 L can and test it for us 😎. 

20 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Can the impact snowmobiles and pleasure boats even be measured into any possible climate model? The most hardcore sledders run 10k ish kilometers per year on their sleds. The average joker like me does what 200kms per year?  The boats what are we talking for the average boater? 10 hours annual use? 20? Seriously think about it Im talking run/drive time most people dont put up that much use I've had waterfront my entire life I've seen it first hand. Yet the entire market is now being forced to run dangerous fuel that will damage and harm all this equipment. The carbon cost of building one single new sled, or boat, or boat motor etc will outweigh by a good margin the exhausted carbon of one of us end users more than its lifetime of use. The resources it takes to manufacture vehicles is immense.

So are we talking sensible climate policy or is this merely a political stunt? Thats a serious question btw because what Im seeing is nothing but a political clown show when it comes to climate where the only solution that apparently works is crippling Canadas oil and gas sector, ethanol laced gas, crazy high taxes that go towards growing the bureaucracy and dont do anything to reduce climate, and zero efforts being spent towards real world solutions.

I've said this before ethanol while cleaner is less energy dense and is not void of carbon during production, nor during use, and it brings its own challenges to the mechanical longevity of engines. Even at 10% at the pump how much carbon does this actually reduce? Its practically immeasurable

Most importantly if we took all the time and energy wasted talking about climate change which like it or lump it has faced enormous backlash under the current approach to resolving it because these policies are a joke, a political stunt, and nothing more than a graft tax scam. If we took all that tv/computer time all the electricity all the wasted man hours and global meetings and print media coverage and all that wwork/time/energy and go back 10 or fifteen years when this all fired up and put all that time and effort into carbon capture technology instead? Heck by now we could all be burning ten times more gas it wouldn't matter one bit.

So the solution is to solve the problem and focus on said above. I for one have lived long enough to witness what is truly happening here which is the gov't of the world are making carbon a sin and therefor must be taxed and this is the single most profitable tax scheme ever devised. This makes pollution and carbon the most appealing product the worlds gov'ts have ever had. Making so called pollution profitable for governments is the only sure guarantee that pollution is going nowhere, ever. If you buy into carbon being actual pollution that is, I dont. Its carbon, not pollution. The only reason that seems to make sense for tax mongers is people are are carbon based life forms and the powers that be sure seem to hate us humans these days. The carbon tax must be eliminated.

Incentivize industries to create newer and better technologies. Reduce gas tax and energy prices and let the creative free market solutions thrive. I can assure you, all of you that when new technology arrives thats better than our current ICE engines thats cheaper to run and cleaner to run? No one will have to be convinced to switch tech and buy into this. It will be a natural landslide of adoption. Same as cars to horses it simply will happen. Last I recall no one forced horse owners into car ownership to save the e-coli related fecal deaths and disease related illness from man manipulated over population of horses and feed and manure. If Trudeau was alive and PM back then im certain some nonsense of this kind to scare people into his world view would be happening too.

• Like 5

there is data out there about the 2020 fires outwest alone, producing twice as much emissions and air pollutants, than all of the California's greenhouse gas reductions, combined from 2003 to 2020 we dont need more carbon help with the cars/factories... we need better forest management.

our ego's are way too high, when we think, we can control the weather. it is cyclitic, nothing more. the reason we hear about events, more is, we are in a less than 6 hour news cycle... instead of little to no news cycle, or weeks or months.

it is funny to me when you hear the WEF talk about climate, and in the same breath state " We own the science on climate change, you cant argue with our findings"... that isnt science. that is information manipulation. Ski

https://www.facebook.com/reel/198085092914593

• Like 5

All really good info, really makes one look past what is just in front of you - that most can’t be bothered to do, but like all else, certain people/groups will capitalize on that!

• Like 1

One thing no one mentions.....

We reduce carbon emissions but the world population continues to grow.   Population growth and resource demand will negate the little we are attempting to reduce

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I’ve never said it here but have been saying it for years. TOO MANY PEOPLE for Mother Nature to sustain. 

Well, funny enough, I believe corn was the first to use GMO’s to turn it into super corn from a growth standpoint to keep up with that demand!

• Thanks 1

Filled up today, our Marina is still ethanol free for now until supplier runs out,ethanol is not far away.

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Going to suck for sledding. Not going to want to fill up at places that don’t move allot of fuel. 

Have you got a chart website available that will show us where those places that don't move a lot of fuel are?

• Haha 2

I was at Gen7 at Curve Lake and there is no more ethanol free gas anymore.

jerry

• Sad 1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:33 AM, Wildbill said:

No point in having a hot rod if you do not drive it. We have run up over 15000 kms on our Road runner in the three years that we have owned it. It runs a 440 stroked out to 505 cubic inches aluminum heads 10.5 to 1 compression a Holley 850 mechanical 4150 large roller cam and manual shift automatic transmission with 3200 rpm stall converter. It like gas . The 3.91 rear gears ensure that. I am fairly careful on the gas that I run. I use an air fuel meter and the ethanol shows up. Petro gas certainly has more in it than Shell. 91 at Parry sound fuels is still all dinosaur bones. They supply almost all of the marinas around here and haul it from Ottawa refinery. Yes I test it regularly. 

We have seen phase seperation and fuel problems with all additves including Seafoam the biggest solution is to use your stuff and get the old fuel out. the newer boats and sleds no longer have the venting straight to the atmosphere and this has helped a lot. 

361916058_6300286226685495_6721857339618955454_n.jpg

Were you at the parry sound parking lot tonight where the 30,000 cruise ship is?

Little car show there tonight - we were having dinner on the patio and saw a few cars and trucks come pull in. 
Don’t see to many vipers around anymore. 

You'd hear Wildbill's car :)

On 8/15/2023 at 9:29 PM, stoney said:

Were you at the parry sound parking lot tonight where the 30,000 cruise ship is?

Little car show there tonight - we were having dinner on the patio and saw a few cars and trucks come pull in. 
Don’t see to many vipers around anymore. 

We are there every week love it 

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 12:54 AM, Strong Farmer said:

E does burns at a lower temperature then regular gasoline. It also burns faster and more complete then regular petro. Even if it burns cleaner might take 5 percent more to get sane mileage as regular petro? So is evironment really benefiting. I use to buy premium for no e and better mileage. Now that’s non existent with e in it 🤣. 

Ethanol is a net loss energy. It consumes more energy to produce than it provides. It is retarded.

• Like 4