Gloves.

zoso

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

I prefer the bar warmers on my sled.

These things keep the back of hands and fingers warm. We also fish so nice for that as well as skiing. The gloves are nicer than any klims, or for and cost the same or less even if you rarely used the heat. 

My wife got me a pair for Christmas, like $150 from Costco, that is a great price and Karbon is a good brand, I have lots of their clothes and it is well made. I will be curious to see how they work

ha ha!! no i am with you on rigidity factor.i don't like thick or bulky gloves either stoney😆.must have owned 25 pairs in time,because of cold hands.finally settled on muffs and thin gloves gloves .questioning my sanity,took me 50yrs to figure this out😃

• Like 1

My 86 years old mother has a pair of these gloves. She used them while putting up her Christmas lights, going for walks and various outdoor chores. She has arthritis in her hands and needs the heat. She says they work great and are flexible enough for here to get things done.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blackjack1 said:

ha ha!! no i am with you on rigidity factor.i don't like thick or bulky gloves either stoney😆.must have owned 25 pairs in time,because of cold hands.finally settled on muffs and thin gloves gloves .questioning my sanity,took me 50yrs to figure this out😃

Agree - muffs and thins gloves for the win!

Sometimes it does take a few years of "experience" to come to terms with them though....lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

My 86 years old mother has a pair of these gloves. She used them while putting up her Christmas lights, going for walks and various outdoor chores. She has arthritis in her hands and needs the heat. She says they work great and are flexible enough for here to get things done.

Never mind the gloves - 86 year old ma putting her own lights up!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

Never mind the gloves - 86 year old ma putting her own lights up!

She asks for help when she needs it. My son and I are only 1/2 mile away. And every year she says she's not going to put up as much and every year it all goes up.....lol

"Well I like it all and I had the time" is all she says.

Just yesterday I talked to her and she said wasn't going to take anything down until it got warmer and some of the snow went away. Well... I have a camera I monitor on her front porch and she is out there right now taking down lights....lol

Yes, she has her heated gloves on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I bought the Klim heated gloves last year and no regrets. I understands the muffs and thin gloves but muffs get in the way. That is why I went with Klim as they are awesome quality and I love the warmth even before I ever have to turn them on. I also do not find them stiff as brand new, they are less stiff than my 3 year old leather gloves.

• Like 1

I did read the reviews on Costco and it seems the one concern that is mentioned more than once is the battery life - seems to last a couple of hours, depending on setting you use of course.

So a day on the trails sounds like you will need a second or third set of batteries to swap out, if that is possible to keep them working all day.

On 12/28/2022 at 10:49 PM, stoney said:

I did read the reviews on Costco and it seems the one concern that is mentioned more than once is the battery life - seems to last a couple of hours, depending on setting you use of course.

So a day on the trails sounds like you will need a second or third set of batteries to swap out, if that is possible to keep them working all day.

I agree. I really like the idea behind any brand of heated gloves. However, I do worry, will they be warm enough should the battery die before I return? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 10:49 PM, stoney said:

A second battery is a must have.

I was skiing this past Monday and a lady that I saw on the chairlift a few times  had what I thought were electric gloves, so I asked her, and they were. Bought from Amazon and she mentioned they were cheap, so I just looked them up and the link is below.

Monday was not an extreme cold day by any means, but she said they worked great and at that point in the day she had been using them for 5 to 6 hours on med settings.....and when I look at the link, the light on her glove was Blue in colour, so one setting below high.

https://www.amazon.ca/SabotHeat-2022-Upgrade-Heated-Gloves/dp/B0B3JGTHXN/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Electric%2BHeated%2BGloves&qid=1673569685&sr=8-5&th=1

12 hours ago, stoney said:

I was skiing this past Monday and a lady that I saw on the chairlift a few times  had what I thought were electric gloves, so I asked her, and they were. Bought from Amazon and she mentioned they were cheap, so I just looked them up and the link is below.

Monday was not an extreme cold day by any means, but she said they worked great and at that point in the day she had been using them for 5 to 6 hours on med settings.....and when I look at the link, the light on her glove was Blue in colour, so one setting below high.

https://www.amazon.ca/SabotHeat-2022-Upgrade-Heated-Gloves/dp/B0B3JGTHXN/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Electric%2BHeated%2BGloves&qid=1673569685&sr=8-5&th=1

If anyone try's these I would like to know how they fit size wise compared to unheated sled gloves.

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If anyone try's these I would like to know how they fit size wise compared to unheated sled gloves.

I'm also shopping for heated gloves. Have you seen this sizing chart yet? I read they aren't very strong and using them for snowmobiling is pretty tough on the gloves. I bought my dad a heated jacket and he loves it.

e6688c14-9a15-4711-8d31-482e16ad34bf.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, LuvMyViper said:

I'm also shopping for heated gloves. Have you seen this sizing chart yet? I read they aren't very strong and using them for snowmobiling is pretty tough on the gloves. I bought my dad a heated jacket and he loves it.

For the price of the XL's they would be worth a try. It mentions motorcycles in the description but not sleds.

• Like 1

The sizing guide would put me 2 sizes smaller than the sled gloves I wear now.   I wonder what they mean by  1 Adapter with Cable  in the Included components section? Is an adapter the same as a charger??    

44 minutes ago, LuvMyViper said:

Do a search from scratch on Amazon.ca. There are a number of more expensive makes and models that by description would be more suited to snowmobiling.   BEWARE OF DIFFERENCES IN SIZING CHARTS ON VARIOUS MODELS OF THE GLOVES ON AMAZON.CA.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Starting to consider heated gloves.  I find when we stop my hands get cold then I am screwed for awhile after.

What does everyone use?

200 gram back of hand and 100 gram front of hand.?

Or do I need 300gram back and 200gram front?

I really hate a thick padded glove that you can’t close around the bars.

54 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Starting to consider heated gloves.  I find when we stop my hands get cold then I am screwed for awhile after.

What does everyone use?

200 gram back of hand and 100 gram front of hand.?

Or do I need 300gram back and 200gram front?

I really hate a thick padded glove that you can’t close around the bars.

Can't answer your question specifically, but I can tell you I went with the KLIM heated glove as they offered the longest battery life 

I have Raynauds, muffs, heated grips and heated gloves  combo is a must or I can't ride

Here is hoping I’m still good this year with my set up….muffs and thin gloves. 

When this doesn’t work, I’ll consider the heated option. 
But I agree, it sucks to have stiff fingered gloves. 

• Like 1

Ive run the FXR recon heated gloves .. what a game changer. 

Could never go back to a normal glove now. 2 battery packs, change em at lunch and good for the whole day ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1