Gloves??

gobills

fxr fuel gloves work pretty good

I like fxr mitts. Never wear gloves again.

I've been using the Klim Fusion gloves for the past two years in some pretty cold temps - last year North Bay Family Day -34, Mattawa area -29 - etc.

Also work well in warm weather. There are two ways to wear the glove - one where the insulation is on the back of your hand for better grip on bars, and the other where the insulation is equally around the whole hand. I do have wind blockers on the handle bars and assuming the use of handle bar heat.

Construction quality is pretty good - some of the threads on the fingers are coming loose. Sizing wise, I've got about two sizes larger than what I figure should fit, so you'll want to try a pair on before purchase.

They are pricey but look at them as a long term investment - I plan on being buried in my snowmobiling gear to get my money's worth on all the stuff I have.

http://www.klim.com/Fusion-Glove-3087-001.html#75927

Years ago I bought some Choko Claw gloves in cordura, 20 years ago the inner liner had individual fingers.  Re- bought a set last year ... too small. Exchange for next size up, too big.  Seems they had some issues with their sizing at the manufacturer.  Finally got a set the right size for my hand.... the inner liner now has a claw shape instead of 4 fingers, colder, and I get wind in between the middle of the 2 claw halves.  Not getting those ones again ... too bad, because the original 2 pairs I bought in '97 (for wife and I), I never once had cold hands.

For me, finger-tip freezing is always a problem and trying the find the right gloves that work is difficult.  Coincidentially, I picked up a great pair at Coscto and they work.  Have also had good luck with Kombi's from Canadian Tire, but they don't last long, usually 2 pairs per season.

I wish I knew what make of glove I have!

They are a no-name gaunlet type leather glove with 3M Thinsulate, I bought at Royal 15 years ago. But now the insulation is getting old and I need to replace them, but I have not found anything out there that compare.

I have Reima leather gloves I got from Royal many years ago. I'd love to find the same ones because they are pretty beat up! 

I bet I spend 200 bucks or darn close each year on gloves or mitts trying to find the right ones for me.    I do find the thicker the gloves the harder it is to feel the heat from the hand warmers ( and i also have the yamaheater installed).  I did buy the above mentioned gloves from fxr, fuel model.  Have not tried them yet, but over 100 bucks a pair, wow.  Last year there was a set at Royal, with removable liners and they worked pretty good, they were on sale for around 30 bucks If i remember correctly.  they also have a spot for a hand warmer insert, kind of like the ones C. Tire sells as well.

I was working on a fly-in reserve up north (Kasabonika) about 10 years ago.  One of the locals made custom moose hide gloves, with some sort of wool-felt liners.  I have used them down to - 25 C. with no issues (with the handlebar warmers on, of course).  Cost me about $130.00, as I recall.  Best gloves I've ever owned.  The felt is wearing a little thin in the palms now, but I still use them about every ride.  Only downside is they don't like getting wet.

BP

I use a thin glove that's not too tight, and keep a spare pair inside my jacket so I can change them frequently as moisture accumulates.

Looking for a XXL shell mitt to wear over them when conditions call for it. Had some back in my "extreme" skiing days, no grip issues on axes or poles, so a handlebar should present no problems. will post when I find a good reasonably priced replacement...

Dis:

http://vpo.ca/282999/marmot_precip-shell-mitt

second for the Klim fusion, togwotee, or my favorite... the summit glove. has liner glove, so it is convertible, goretex, leather, and coth panels to make it work together as a system. they are NOT CHEAP but, this is one of those times, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Ski

I have the klim's but i have the same problem as Dan. My fingertips still get cold.

I have a couple of different Klims and find that my fingers start out cold but as the ride goes on that my fingers warm up. Don't know if I would have the same experience with other gloves so can't say whether the Klims are good or not for warmth but for sure my hands stay dry and once warm they stay warm.

I have a couple of different Klims and find that my fingers start out cold but as the ride goes on that my fingers warm up. Don't know if I would have the same experience with other gloves so can't say whether the Klims are good or not for warmth but for sure my hands stay dry and once warm they stay warm.

Thats what i was looking for was the dry factor my hands get warm then my fingers just freeze and find my gloves get wet easy.  i have about 4 different types but have not tried klim.

What about leather gloves, anybody else's fingers/hands freeze in them?  I had an expensive pair years back, I could NOT ride with them, brrrrrrrrr   

I had a pair of arctiva gloves lasted a long time, warm comfy best gloves ever hands never got cold, just ordered a new pair from Canada's motorcycle on clearance for $68

I have Reima leather gloves I got from Royal many years ago. I'd love to find the same ones because they are pretty beat up! 

We've had the same Reimas we bought years ago too. This was a couple of years before they were bought out by SCOTT. They're still around, but don't seem to be going for the sledding market. Lots of guys seem to like Klim's gear.

My finger tips would get cold to the point of being pain full . Tried all kinds of gloves ,even tried mitts over gloves, Had  severe carpal tunnel, operated early Dec . left hand fixed getting right hand after sled season Dr. says I will be riding with no gloves, he has never snowmobiled.

.... thus your forum name?

Archived