SNOW

ToSlow

Watched the kids play in the front yard tonight and build snow forts.  Nice change from the electronics.

Yup - that's very satisfying!  :-)

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very telling watching the azzhats in Toronto go on about the mild, rainy weather.

One guy hoped there was snow for Christmas, but other than that he was fine w/ what we're getting. The weather that we're getting apparently is caused by El Nino, which I had read about as a kid back in the 70s. Some people seem to think having warm rainy winters are nice, but I thought we were supposed to be fighting global warming/climate change/whatever because it's bad?

Too bad we couldn't ship all the "Nancys" in southern Ontario to Vancouver & leave the rest of the winter enthusiasts in peace.

I agree rev. I'm tired of listening to people say how nice the weather is for december. What's nice about +5 and raining. Bring on the snow.

Calling for +14c and sun shine on Thursday and +9c and sun for Christmas Day....

Can't sled, but the motorcycle is still good to ride so, I'll put some miles on something this week..

Calling for +14c and sun shine on Thursday and +9c and sun for Christmas Day....

Can't sled, but the motorcycle is still good to ride so, I'll put some miles on something this week..

yep might be pulling the KLR out of storage and going for a run

Kdx220r fredette racing!! Works for me! Couple bikes in my stable too!!!

Kdx220r fredette racing!! Works for me! Couple bikes in my stable too!!!

i also got a few others, 05 electra glide, 84 suzuki tempter 650, 82 750 midnight max

did someone mention motorcycles??? my favorite current steed. 2013 zx6r 636 built for track day events, and racing supersport classes. her name is Pearl ;) Ski

post-19738-0-92364100-1450761431_thumb.j

post-19738-0-26006200-1450761465_thumb.j

Too bad we couldn't ship all the "Nancys" in southern Ontario to Vancouver & leave the rest of the winter enthusiasts in peace.

My wifes name is Nancy, please let me know when the first shipment is heading out and I will make sure she is ready to go.

Remember all of you who were complaining about how cold it was the last two winters and how it was too cold to ride with your tong windshields ?  Well you can't have snow if it isn't cold.  Lake effect snow will just be wet stuff that will melt on the next upward cycle of the jet stream.  The swamps won't freeze.  I know, I almost lost a sled to the center of the earth one year.

I don't want to hear anymore complaints of a winter too cold.

BP

5-10cm next Monday! Tuesday supposedly goes up to +5 and after that it's all in the minus as of right now for my area. Sure hope we get the 5-10cm...need to get out!

Signs pointing to around the end of first week of Jan for the pattern change to begin finally...El Nino Peaked about a week ago and will be slowly winding down which should allow the Jet that has been blocking all the arctic air up, to kink and drop down to the lower parts of the Sledding areas.....It will come, just gonna be late and likely not super cold for as long of periods....shots of cold with milder days near normal Mid Jan thru March.   

Either way it will be a shortened season unfortunately.  And my biggest worry is lakes will not set up good for many weeks, and My new 4stroke wont get a good hard break in!!!   ugh.

lol

Dan

Rain in GTA. Can't help but think that this should be snow.

I was thinking that same thought last night at work.

Signs pointing to around the end of first week of Jan for the pattern change to begin finally...El Nino Peaked about a week ago and will be slowly winding down which should allow the Jet that has been blocking all the arctic air up, to kink and drop down to the lower parts of the Sledding areas.....It will come, just gonna be late and likely not super cold for as long of periods....shots of cold with milder days near normal Mid Jan thru March.   

Either way it will be a shortened season unfortunately.  And my biggest worry is lakes will not set up good for many weeks, and My new 4stroke wont get a good hard break in!!!   ugh.

lol

Dan

Welcome back!  We have missed your posts!

Welcome back! We have missed your posts!

X3!

I said the same thing and everyone called me a negative SOB! I agree Elino is weakening and figure pattern change second week of Jan too, hopefully. Still plus 6 up until Jan 3.

5-10cm next Monday! Tuesday supposedly goes up to +5 and after that it's all in the minus as of right now for my area. Sure hope we get the 5-10cm...need to get out!

Changed again plus 6 up until Jan 6 or so. No frost either, not going to start until feb, unless it gets super cold quick and then snows a week later.

lol

Dan

Great to see you back Dan.

Rocker Dan! Great to see you back on board. Do you have a magic icemaker for Mary Lake?

Welcome back RockerDan, glad to see you back on the forum, Hope you are well!!

Remember all of you who were complaining about how cold it was the last two winters and how it was too cold to ride with your tong windshields ?  Well you can't have snow if it isn't cold.  Lake effect snow will just be wet stuff that will melt on the next upward cycle of the jet stream.  The swamps won't freeze.  I know, I almost lost a sled to the center of the earth one year.

I don't want to hear anymore complaints of a winter too cold.

BP

The whiners think -1*C is as bad as what they deal w/ in Siberia.

Irkutsk, Russia
Wednesday 6:00 AM
Partly Cloudy
partly_cloudy.png
°C | °F
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 76%
Wind: 6 km/h
Temperature
Precipitation
Wind

Edmonton, AB