SNOW

ToSlow

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so.. want to go north today is it worth it?

I would say it is!

Winter storm watches in effect now for most of central ontario. Looks like 20-30cm for areas around North Bay and Muskoka hopefully.

Until there are trails open, I wouldn't bother unless you want to ditch bang or ride off trail / break trail.  Not my cup of tea.

Until there are trails open, I wouldn't bother unless you want to ditch bang or ride off trail / break trail.  Not my cup of tea.

If we get 30 cm of snow by end of Monday the clubs should be out doing their jobs and have trails open by Wednesday at the latest. After all we paid for our permits. LOL

Ditch banging may be unsuitable for some of us old guys on 4-strokes, but I see nothing wrong with running snow-covered logging roads, such as currently exist north of the Soo. A bit of a drive, though.

If we get 30 cm of snow by end of Monday the clubs should be out doing their jobs and have trails open by Wednesday at the latest. After all we paid for our permits. LOL

Good luck with that. ....

My sister in law made these for us, matched them to our new sleds. Stained glass, love them.

I mentioned to her she could sell a pile of these I think.

post-22609-0-66192500-1451251137_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-96101300-1451251170_thumb.jpeg

My sister in law made these for us, matched them to our new sleds. Stained glass, love them.

I mentioned to her she could sell a pile of these I think.

Those are cool! I'll take one. 2000 srx 700 please!!!

There's no reason to ditch-bang. The video says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LUd8mcedw

Does it ever.

Are you kidding?

"Wednesday at the latest" you say, maybe 3 Wednesday's from now if everything materializes perfectly.

30 cm may be okay on an existing level forest access road but certainly isn't sufficient for pipeline and hydro r.o.w. that we use. I was out ATVing on our TCPL trail a few days ago and the big ruts and boulders will take plenty of snow to fill them in.

In addition, the swamps and ponds are not even close to being frozen, we have had no sustained really cold weather and you combine that with saturated ground and lots of running water that is BAD news.

Brian 02sled is very much kidding. He knows all to well what we do to get the trails open. He has dipped his sled in loon crap before helping to pack swamps down to get trails open....

Unforetunately he is right, first significant snowfall and people will be complaining why trails arent open... You wouldnt believe how many folks were out riding last winter while I was breaking trail with the BR180. Trails were closed, I was nice enough to stop and tell them not to go back from where I had just been unless they like bogging in the mud like a swamp buggy....

People are already asking for permit refunds due to lack of snow....

people asking for a refund ? Seriously, maybe they ask for refund on their ski pass too ,Losers

Thanks Paul, I gave my head a shake when I saw an experienced Sledder and poster making a comment like a 'Newbie' or one that never finds out what it takes to lay the ribbon down.

Little short on my fuse today I guess.

Has your District heard anything on their new 'Free' Groomer delivery?

What are you getting?

Are you kidding?

"Wednesday at the latest" you say, maybe 3 Wednesday's from now if everything materializes perfectly.

30 cm may be okay on an existing level forest access road but certainly isn't sufficient for pipeline and hydro r.o.w. that we use. I was out ATVing on our TCPL trail a few days ago and the big ruts and boulders will take plenty of snow to fill them in.

In addition, the swamps and ponds are not even close to being frozen, we have had no sustained really cold weather and you combine that with saturated ground and lots of running water that is BAD news.

Yes I am kidding... right at the end there is LOL since it was sent from my blackberry and I didn't have the option of putting an emoticon. The sad part is there will be some who will expect it and not be kidding.

My apologies to 02sled for getting sucked in by a very experienced Volunteer and Sledder.

Happy New Year to everyone.

No need to apologize... you did start out with are you kidding and indeed I was... everyone pray to the great snow god.

people asking for a refund ? Seriously, maybe they ask for refund on their ski pass too ,Losers

Yup!!!

We ruined the holidays....

Where do I go for my trail pass refund... I know you have to pay for the insurance regardless but I should qualify for a 40% refund at least X 2 sleds. :D

Hahaha hey the way I see it, if we have a short winter and you bought a new sled. You will still have a new sled come next year! (Now that's glass half full thinking)

I admire your optimism, Adam, but there's a third way of looking at this weather situation:

post-22473-0-61458500-1451268228_thumb.jpg

Hahaha hey the way I see it, if we have a short winter and you bought a new sled. You will still have a new sled come next year! (Now that's glass half full thinking)

Yeah except if your neighbour buys the same sled as you for 3k less, that sucks. I will be the neighbour next fall. Awesome let the mild weather continue.

Yeah except if your neighbour buys the same sled as you for 3k less, that sucks. I will be the neighbour next fall. Awesome let the mild weather continue.

For you're neighbors sake, I hope you don't have any.

Archived