SNOW

ToSlow

You were typing this message while I was typing mine!

I have sent you a personal message.....

Sledding minds think alike!!

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not great this morning.

Muldrew Lake Road.

post-22473-0-92818500-1450616771_thumb.jpg

You need to sneak into the MTO or Town garage yard and shim down the wear pads on the plow trucks so they leave 2-3 inches on the road .... :P

I agree totally.

Musquash Road this morning.

post-22473-0-87522200-1450618586_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-19487400-1450618772_thumb.jpg

Not great this morning.

Muldrew Lake Road.

attachicon.gif2015-12-20 08.05.08.jpg

You've ridden worse road condition in prime sledding season. Go for it. So it costs some carbide wear. Riding is riding :D

You've ridden worse road condition in prime sledding season. Go for it. So it costs some carbide wear. Riding is riding :D

True, but those times the roads led to nice trails.

You need to sneak into the MTO or Town garage yard and shim down the wear pads on the plow trucks so they leave 2-3 inches on the road .... :P

The town plows do too good a job. The contractor for District highway 169, right at Musquash Road, seems a little more forgiving. Unfortunately 169 is off limits for sleds.

post-22473-0-18480700-1450619372_thumb.jpg

Not exactly ideal conditions now!!!

Indeed. Take your wife out for breakfast locally.

Sounds good thanks guys! Living south I'm starting to bleed from this itch!!

Tell that to our township. There was so little snow on the road, the blade was just sliding along barely pushing any of the slop off the road. I guess w/o dedicated sanders it's easier to just put the blade down & drive along. 

Some good snow forecasted starting around the 28th!

Put 15miles on north of gravenhurst today. Sure was nice to ride a new machine

Great! Where were you riding? I noticed after lunch that Winhara Road still had decent snow cover.

I own a very small stretch of that. Saw a few tracks.

Seen maybe 15 other sleds.... Pulled a guy on an 2000ish mxz outta the ditch... He had it barried and up against a tree.... Fun times

I saw a group of 4 guys - - a new blacked out zr9000 plus 2 late 90's purple doos and a red one. They were having a great time.

foot and a half now guys - this lake effect is just pumping the snow in here

and only four hours from me! I think moving north again is in order lol

Seen maybe 15 other sleds.... Pulled a guy on an 2000ish mxz outta the ditch... He had it barried and up against a tree.... Fun times

were you riding gamble?

yep they be changing cutting edges ans wear pads every two weeks.

The blades are super hard carbon, with carbide inserts similar to our carbides braced into the bottom of the blade. They can run for a whole season right on the road, with little wear. Not all the blades will have carbide, but onces used at higher speeds for major higgways will. I use to

work for a company in waterloo that made most

of the blades for different townships.

Put 50 miles on the new sled today. Running into camp (near Beardmore) and plying around. Awesome lake effect snow coming off Lake Nipigon. About 18 - 20 inches, and still coming down. Lots of unplowed logging roads to explore tomorrow. Today, I'm happy the town doesn't plow my camp road! Now relaxing with 40 Creeks Copper pot, after an awesome sauna. Life is good.

A solid 4 inches came down today in Hearst.  Pulled the Alpine into the garage to clean the carb, was hoping to get out for a ride, but it's having float / needle valve issues.  So no ride.  Watched the kids play in the front yard tonight and build snow forts.  Nice change from the electronics.

Archived