SNOW

ToSlow

Starting to think I've moved to Vancouver :(

They actually have snow, go figure.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to think I've moved to Vancouver :(

I couldn't imagine living there. Didn't they go 1 year w/ 50 odd days in a row w/ rain?

A slight dusting of snow here in Apsley overnight.

Going to be a green Christmas and a late start to the season here in the Ottawa Valley. Hopefully when the season does start it will last into April like the past two seasons.

I'm sure glad I didnt buy a new sled this year!  :poke2:

I couldn't imagine living there. Didn't they go 1 year w/ 50 odd days in a row w/ rain?

A slight dusting of snow here in Apsley overnight.

That's pretty much all they ever get is rain. My aunt lives on the island and says it always wet and they don't get snow.

Wifey said I could do cochrane on the holidays .just seen polar bear riders update on FB .guess that's not happening either .I will have more quality time with the inlaws

Wifey said I could do cochrane on the holidays .just seen polar bear riders update on FB .guess that's not happening either .I will have more quality time with the inlaws

Find a DD and bring LOTS of beer.

I'm in the same boat as you !!

Find a DD and bring LOTS of beer.

I'm in the same boat as you !!

Lots of rain up there too?

It can turn around real quick. I flew home from Montreal today and it was pretty chilly at the airport. They are forecasting 3 consecutive days of snow starting on Sunday. It was almost shirt sleeve weather a couple of days ago.

It can turn around real quick. I flew home from Montreal today and it was pretty chilly at the airport. They are forecasting 3 consecutive days of snow starting on Sunday. It was almost shirt

sleeve weather a couple of days ago.

Next week it is back to plus 10. Back out of the basement once again. Wonder if we will get like 6 thaws this winter like 4 years ago.

The north east.... Timmins and Cochrane areas area going to be busy this year if muskoka, north bay and Ottawa area are left with a warm season hope they are ready for the traffic!

it'll be here, how many yrs have we been out sledding before christmas? then midway through jan, BAAAMMM. it snows and turns cold.

just chumpping  at the bit to get out there and go .

Our forecast is starting to look better. I have , over the years, eliminated pretty much all of our swamps, which I know is extremely difficult is some areas, so a good cold snap before snow and then mother nature can crank up the "lake effects gods" in mid jan and we'll have 7 weeks of sledding.

Looking good out here now ...post-22850-0-14473900-1450315560_thumb.jpgpost-22850-0-00736700-1450315723_thumb.jpg

Just saw on Facebook that Kap has started to pack one of their trails.  Although in the photo it didn't look much like packing more like knocking down the tall grass but there was white stuff in the photo so it is a start.  

I know this is sad looking but it's not +10

This was this morning in Barrie

post-19706-0-74324900-1450317382_thumb.j

Picked it up at a friends and family event at Napoleon. It's nice but not as well built as the one it replaced. 

Hoping for snow and we're getting thunder and lightning in Carnarvon. This is really messed up weather.

it'll be here, how many yrs have we been out sledding before christmas? then midway through jan, BAAAMMM. it snows and turns cold.

just chumpping at the bit to get out there and go .

Last year. Remember snow came a few days before the record breaking ride! Durham will get hit hard soon, maybe this weekend!

what did it replace 

It was another Napoleon from the 90s

post-19706-0-06449600-1450326813_thumb.j

Going to be a green Christmas and a late start to the season here in the Ottawa Valley. Hopefully when the season does start it will last into April like the past two seasons.

I'm sure glad I didnt buy a new sled this year!  :poke2:

Get a new one next year. I always buy after a bad season, you get a smoking deal on a new one, since no one is buying and they need to clear inventory.

+6 and rain dec23,+10 and rain dec24 , in the muskokas ,I just gave up 

Archived