SNOW

ToSlow

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see some pictures of that..... Man 54 cms would be a sure sight for sore eyes

hmmm.

I wonder if there are any places to run around and play in that stuff. Lots of concession roads but they must all be plowed by now...

railbed from Orillia to coldwater,then to port severn...big field behind arena in coldwater

But the railbed would be "off limits" would it not?

Now, that big field behind the arena, I wonder who owns it?

I am wondering too if there might be a fair bit of snow on the shoulder of the roads in that area right now....

hmmm.

I wonder if there are any places to run around and play in that stuff. Lots of concession roads but they must all be plowed by now...

If you know the right people....

post-19765-0-41849200-1448330229_thumb.j

I am wondering too if there might be a fair bit of snow on the shoulder of the roads in that area right now....

The field behind the arena is a winter wheat field I believe. The ODSC has had problems in the past with off trail riding in that field...

Best spot I can think of would be up towards the swift locks, not sure how localized the snow is though...

that can't be this year

Lastnight between Coldwater and Orillia. 30cm when this was taken by a friend...

More fell since lastnight, apparently another 20cm..

Best spot I can think of would be up towards the swift locks, not sure how localized the snow is though...

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm in London Ontario! is it worth the drive to see how the new sled works?

No snow in London yet? That is strange. Back in 2010 I think I was riding there second week of December. Lucan was burried was awesome!

No trails where I'm from grew up here just be curtious stay to the edges...power lines... Ditches... All the fun stuff(when the ofsc hasn't blessed your neighbourhood with trails)

would like to know the conditions of that snowfall between orrilla and coldwater for tomorrow! i gotta go play outside of ditches!!!

I'm hoping to check out that area Tuesday morning also, after some errands. It is only half an hour from my house. I hope to find some of that white stuff before 11.

I'm hoping to check out that area Tuesday morning also, after some errands. It is only half an hour from my house. I hope to find some of that white stuff before 11.

I hear ya! and being close is helpful! I'm in London! lol I can make it there in 3 hours tho! I use to live up that way so I know all the non congested routes! via car!

well I will keep you in the loop if I'm coming up or not... and if you find some let me know!!!

Sounds good, backsleddin. I will check this thread tomorrow morning via my phone.

EDIT: That should say THIS morning, as I see it is now 1 a.m.

the rail bed is an actual snowmobile trail... not sure anyone else would be out on it with all that snow other than a snowmobile - technically if the trail isn't open you're not supposed to be there - at least you have a trail permit though.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/coldwater-area-hardest-hit-by-weekend-snowfall-1.2668740

For those that can get there sled out have fun enjoy and be safe . :D

Just remember trails are NOT OPEN please remember to respect the landowners if you wish to enjoy the use of there land for this season and seasons to come. :x

Again be safe would not want anyone to become a statistic.

I hear ya! and being close is helpful! I'm in London! lol I can make it there in 3 hours tho! I use to live up that way so I know all the non congested routes! via car!

well I will keep you in the loop if I'm coming up or not... and if you find some let me know!!!

3 hours seems a little far to travel for "unknown" conditions that may be restricted to plain old road running with some ditch riding....having said that, I will be scouting the area later this morning and will report ...

Just remember trails are NOT OPEN please remember to respect the landowners if you wish to enjoy the use of there land for this season and seasons to come. :x

Again be safe would not want anyone to become a statistic.

Well said. One must be careful to avoid trespassing. There are a few allowable places for safe preseason riding though....

Well said. One must be careful to avoid trespassing. There are a few allowable places for safe preseason riding though....

Very important this time of year. Ground isn't frozen so sleds can leave ruts in fields and destroy crops under the snow.

No trails where I'm from grew up here just be curtious stay to the edges...power lines... Ditches... All the fun stuff(when the ofsc hasn't blessed your neighbourhood with trails)

The OFSC may bless the trails but it is up to the local club to do all the pre-work/setup and grooming. No club= no trail

The OFSC may bless the trails but it is up to the local club to do all the pre-work/setup and grooming. No club= no trail

Agreed. Trails stop just before brantford and do not come any further towards me. A system from turkey point to port Dover, then towards haldimand area would just be amazing to link some serious riding together. A lot of ripped up rail beds and power lines to follow as well, but it will never happen.

Snowing pretty good in Montreal as I look out the window

I'm unloading now at Carlyon Road which is the beginning of the trail in to Swift Rapids Dam. Once the municipal plowing ends, the remaining road has been plowed by a smaller truck but it has a nice base and half an inch of snow on it so I'm going to see how it is

Archived